ICC Awards Winners

This forum contains topics related to general cricket news
User avatar
SK384
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 am
Reputation: 0
Albania

ICC Awards Winners

Post by SK384 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 am

FULL LIST OF AWARDS

Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy: Ben Stokes

Emerging Cricket of the Year: Marnus Labuschagne

Test Player of the Year: Patrick Cummins

ODI Player of the Year: Rohit Sharma

T20 Performance of the Year: Deepak Chahar, 6/7 vs Bangladesh

Associate Cricketer of the Year: Kyle Coetzer

:toofunny:

Spirit of Cricket Award: Virat Kohli

Umpire of the Year: Richard Illingworth

ICC Test Team of the Year:

Maynak Agarwal (India), Tom Lathmn (New Zealand), Marnus Labuschagne (Australia), Virat Kohli (c, India), Steve Smith (Australia), Ben Stokes (England), BJ Watling (New Zealand), Patrick Cummins (Australia), Mitchell Starc (Australia), Neil Wagner (New Zealand), Nathan Lyon (Australia)

ICC One-Day Team of the Year:

Rohit Sharma (India), Shai Hope (West Indies), Virat Kohli (C, India), Babar Azam (Pakistan), Kane Williamson (New Zealand), Ben Stokes (England), Jos Butler (England), Mitchell Starc (Australia), Trent Boult (New Zealand), Mohammed Shami (India), Kuldeep Yadav (India)



User avatar
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 3632
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:32 am
Reputation: 0
Location: india
India

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by Harmer » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:42 am

Virat @3

User avatar
3rd man
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:13 am
Reputation: 1
Location: Dublin
Ireland

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by 3rd man » Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:35 pm

SK384 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 am

Spirit of Cricket Award: Virat Kohli

????????

I know I haven't followed India that closely last year but what magnanimous display of sportsmanship did Kohli do?

I thought the way Kane Williamson carried himself after the World Cup final was more worthy IMO.

User avatar
SK384
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 am
Reputation: 0
Albania

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by SK384 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:12 pm

Tim Paine deserved it IMO
toughest job in the world to mold that team in his own image

going south
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by going south » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:36 pm

3rd man wrote:
SK384 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 am

Spirit of Cricket Award: Virat Kohli

????????

I know I haven't followed India that closely last year but what magnanimous display of sportsmanship did Kohli do?

I thought the way Kane Williamson carried himself after the World Cup final was more worthy IMO.
For this.


https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/cricket/ ... ?ocid=News

going south
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 pm
Reputation: 2

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by going south » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:37 pm

Ben Stokes is awarded the ICC player of the year 2019. Hmmmmmmmm

If ICC wanted to give this honour to the man who won the World Cup for England, they should have given this award to Kumar Dharmasena.

User avatar
3rd man
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:13 am
Reputation: 1
Location: Dublin
Ireland

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by 3rd man » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:59 pm

OK fair enough.

Kyle Coetzer Associate POTY... yes he had a good year but there would have been one or two Papua New Guinea players in contention too.

We should do our own alternative awards here - like what the Golden Raspberries are to the Oscars.

Worst Test XI:
Worst ODI XI
Biggest shithouse in Cricket:
etc, etc..

User avatar
SK384
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 am
Reputation: 0
Albania

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by SK384 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:50 pm

going south wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:37 pm
Ben Stokes is awarded the ICC player of the year 2019. Hmmmmmmmm

If ICC wanted to give this honour to the man who won the World Cup for England, they should have given this award to Kumar Dharmasena.
:band:

User avatar
SK384
VIP User
VIP User
Posts: 196
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:34 am
Reputation: 0
Albania

Re: ICC Awards Winners

Post by SK384 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:11 pm

going south wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:36 pm
3rd man wrote:
SK384 wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:02 am

Spirit of Cricket Award: Virat Kohli

????????

I know I haven't followed India that closely last year but what magnanimous display of sportsmanship did Kohli do?

I thought the way Kane Williamson carried himself after the World Cup final was more worthy IMO.
For this.


https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/cricket/ ... ?ocid=News
pathetic

he only did it so he could win that award and it took zero effort because it was a one off

it should be judged for consistency over 12 months, not when it suits you

going south
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:14 pm
Reputation: 2

ICC Awards Winners

Post by going south » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:53 pm

ICC meme of year award is one and only

Image

Image

Any other ??

Image

Image

Post Reply