Amazing Allrounder of ODI

Few sports fans are as keen to talk about records, classic matches, great players from the past etc as cricket buffs. This is where all such posts should be made. You will find an excellent library of cricket views, opinions and records here. Go ahead, be a classic cricket pundit. We take you seriously.
givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Kenya

Amazing Allrounder of ODI

Postby givemeahug786 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:54 am

All rounder in ODI

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... e=allround

Wow Sanat Jayasurya amazing stats
I wonder why Kallis not listed here.
BD opt Fields vs Mighty windies who trashed BD 3/0 in 4 games wc

Most one sided contest in wc >> (ind vs Pak 7/0)-
pak vs SL 7/0-,(w.i vs Zim 6/0) Pak vs Zim 5/0,nz vs BD 5/0,SL vs Zim 5/0,

squarecut
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Re: Amazing Allrounder of ODI

Postby squarecut » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:25 am

If you understand what the filter is for then you will understand why Kallis is not there. Kallis has less than 300 wickets in ODI.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:22 am

I think in these times of smart stats and presentation, any display of limited-overs batting stats MUST display batting SR.
And display of limited-overs bowling stats MUST display ER.

Just the usual format isn't smart enough.
More than 100s/50s, 5wI/10wM, these are important stats for limited-overs games.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:56 am

raja wrote:I think in these times of smart stats and presentation, any display of limited-overs batting stats MUST display batting SR.
And display of limited-overs bowling stats MUST display ER.

Just the usual format isn't smart enough.
More than 100s/50s, 5wI/10wM, these are important stats for limited-overs games.

Post of the YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not agree with this MORE!!!

:thanx: :macarena: :dance:

I would go further and suggest that in the future a batsman's first 10, 15 or 20 ball max SR be included as part of the stats package. As well as the ER for any bowler who bowls overs 45-50....

Because how batsman start influences every innings, and how bowlers finish influences every innings...

I'll give an example...

My sole remaining criticism of Kohli and KW is that in limited overs games - I feel they start too slow. In tests - I cannot fault them. In ODI - they more than get the job done. But in ODI and t20 starts - I feel they start too slow. They make up for it when they go big. But they start slow.

If they get past this - the world is their oyster. Kohli will smash every ODI record there is, and KW will make himself very very rich from the IPL.

The bowler flipside: Bumrah is going at 4.4 which is damn impressive the modern game. What this conceals, is that he is the death and powerplay bowler from a country where 330+ score are ubiquitous and he still only goes at 4.4. The guy is a freak. And his E/R stat does not do justice to the fact of how well he closes the death. He is amazing!!

Starc has yorkers too, but Bumrah is the only time in my life that I have felt confident in stating that the best seam bowler in a particular format in the world - is from India. And Bumrah most certainly is right now... Starc has more pace, and those yorkers, but Bumrah - he's getting the middle and early overs done better than Mitchy...

Bumrah is by light years the best ODI bowler around at the moment. I would take him any day...

I get all the Indian fans worship Kohli and Dhoni... But Bumrah - that is who I would worship if I were Indian...

He is legitimately the first Indian seam bowler to be the best in the world in ODI...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:15 pm

i also agree.
but this strike rate should be based on last 10 matches but not career strike rate or economy rates.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:34 pm

Going South wrote:i also agree.
but this strike rate should be based on last 10 matches but not career strike rate or economy rates.

Nah - that's just a form guide - fans know when someone is in form because we read the scorecards or watch the games...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!