Slow-motion Ray Lindwall

Few sports fans are as keen to talk about records, classic matches, great players from the past etc as cricket buffs. This is where all such posts should be made. You will find an excellent library of cricket views, opinions and records here. Go ahead, be a classic cricket pundit. We take you seriously.
Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
United Kingdom

Slow-motion Ray Lindwall

Postby Boycs » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Interesting. I didn't know they had slow motion cameras then.

GpeL
CF Champion
CF Champion
Swaziland

Re: Slow-motion Ray Lindwall

Postby GpeL » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:42 am

There is no such thing as a Slow Motion Camera.. :D

They are just high speed cameras running more number of frames per second and then run on normal projecters (olden days).. now it is just software that does it for you.. they fooled you eh?

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:19 am

I know that you arse I just didn't think they had such high speed cameras *slap*

I like old footage like this. You get the chance to see if older players were really as fast as stories say they were. and footage of old legends with the bat: we're they really that good? Or was bowling rather unathletic and batting more like lawn bowls than modern cricket :P

GpeL
CF Champion
CF Champion
Swaziland

Postby GpeL » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:35 am

No in olden times, they would take the NORMAL film.. and halve its speed. There will be small jerks if you observe closely...

err..before I forget.. ARSE.

GpeL
CF Champion
CF Champion
Swaziland

Postby GpeL » Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:51 am

But eitherways, there isn't something called a SLOWMO CAMERA.. it is a property of the player/projecter that runs the footage.. not the property of the camera that it somehows records otherwise normal speed in slower speeds or something like that.. camera just records.. that is all.

It is the human eye.. that cannot see a frame flip if it is faster than 24 frames a second.. so if you run at 25 you will see only the changes from frame to frame.. even that will be jerky.. you go beyond 35 frames, the jerk is still there but quite unnoticeable.. at 50 frames or highter it is not possible for the human eye to see it. There are animals that see motion in lot more elaborate frames (more frame sensitive eyes) and they might find our movies/telly a load of jerks and wonder what the hell is wrong with us to see such a headache inducing entertainment.

So there...

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:48 am

You know I'm not an idiot right? I hold a graduate degree just like you, interviewed for the best university in the country (admittedly failed, but still went to one of the best unis in the UK) I've got somewhere around the best possible results when I left school at 18, and do one of the hardest jobs in the country :P

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:21 am

SGGH wrote:You know I'm not an idiot right? I hold a graduate degree just like you, interviewed for the best university in the country (admittedly failed, but still went to one of the best unis in the UK) I've got somewhere around the best possible results when I left school at 18, and do one of the hardest jobs in the country :P

Are you a chick sexer?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2977208/It-pays-40-000-year-no-one-wants-chick-sexer-hardest-job-Britain.html
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:01 pm

GpeL
CF Champion
CF Champion
Swaziland

Postby GpeL » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:06 pm

SGGH wrote:You know I'm not an idiot right? I hold a graduate degree just like you, interviewed for the best university in the country (admittedly failed, but still went to one of the best unis in the UK) I've got somewhere around the best possible results when I left school at 18, and do one of the hardest jobs in the country :P

Of course I know.. you yanked my underwear si I yyanked yours..

But I insist.. there are no slowmo cameras. In fact there are no moving cameras.. all cameras stay where they are kept unless you forget where you put them which case they are not where you put them (or so you claim)