Cook's #1 fan. @SuperGLS on Twitter.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Cash on hand: Locked
United States of America

Re: 3rd ODI: India vs Bangladesh

Postby Going South » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:12 pm

Pathetic 119/9 in 34.2 overs. Game halted by rains.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:52 pm

Very unfair.

Just when I thought we would finally win ONE game in this series, we are cheated by the weather.

squarecut
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby squarecut » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:54 pm

It is clear that not all "test" batsmen can be successful ODI batsmen. Pujara's struggles in ODI proves it . In a pitch where all others struggled, Raina scored at a strike rate of over 100. It shows the difference in ODI class between him and the others.

The gulf in quality of batting between the proper BCCI team and this team is huge. The players in this team are all flat track bullies whose lack of abilities against moving balls were thoroughly exposed by Bangladeshi pacers. I hope that we have seen the last of players like Rayudu, Manoj Tiwari etc. It seems that even a batsman as promising as Rahane is nothing more than a FTB.

This BCCI D team should count themselves lucky that they were playing against a team who were hell bent on committing harakiri in the second ODI, else it would have been a 1-1 series and many questions would have been asked about the selection of the BCCI team. Sadly those questions will not be asked as the team has ended with a rather flattering 2-0 score line.

Ankur
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator

Postby Ankur » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:22 pm

squarecut wrote:The gulf in quality of batting between the proper BCCI team and this team is huge. The players in this team are all flat track bullies whose lack of abilities against moving balls were thoroughly exposed by Bangladeshi pacers. I hope that we have seen the last of players like Rayudu, Manoj Tiwari etc. It seems that even a batsman as promising as Rahane is nothing more than a FTB.

So Rohit Sharma and Dhawan are better against moving ball? I dont even think Dhoni is any good against moving ball, he is just a fighter likr Kohli and Raina, and yes would have done better than Saha.

Now Playing:
    If I hold a gun to your head for Tests next year ...
    If I hold a gun to your head for entire next year