England vs Australia 3 T20I (Southampton ) & @ Manchester 3 ODI -World Cup Super League): Sep 04-16, 2020

This forum contains topics related to live matches that are archived
Harmer

England vs Australia 3 T20I (Southampton ) & @ Manchester 3 ODI -World Cup Super League): Sep 04-16, 2020

Post by Harmer »

eng vs aus schedule for 6 games

England vs Australia
1st T20I: sep 4th at
Southampton, 10.30 pm IST

England vs Australia
2nd T20I : sep 6th at
Southampton, 6.45 pm IST

England vs Australia
3rd T20I : sep 8th at
Southampton, 10.30 pm IST

England vs Australia
1st ODI : sep 11 at
Manchester, 5.30 pm IST

England vs Australia
2nd ODI : sep 13 at
Manchester, 5.30 pm IST

England vs Australia
3rd ODI : sep 16 at
Manchester, 5.30 pm IST
Last edited by Harmer on Sat Sep 05, 2020 5:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Harmer

Re: England vs Australia 3 T20I (Southampton ) & @ Manchester 3 ODI -World Cup Super League): Sep 04-16, 2020

Post by Harmer »

CA had previously picked a preliminary squad of 26, from which the 21 have now been selected - leaving out the likes of Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Ben McDermott, Michael Nesser and D'Arcy Short. :saurabh:

Australia squad: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Riley Meredith, Josh Philippe, Daniel Sams,Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc,Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa
Harmer

Re: England vs Australia 3 T20I (Southampton ) & @ Manchester 3 ODI -World Cup Super League): Sep 04-16, 2020

Post by Harmer »

No Quarantine need for Australian player in england

Pakistan must Jealous !
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

1st warm up

David Warner, Aaron Finch, Matthew Wade find form before Australia warm-up washed out

Cummins XI 60 for 0 (Wade 36*) v Finch XI 150 (Warner 42, Finch 40, Zampa 2-18, Richardson 2-16, Cummins 2-26)

Australia's opening batsmen made the most of a truncated first warm-up match on their tour of England with Aaron Finch, David Warner and Matthew Wade finding form before the intersquad game at the Ageas Bowl was abandoned due to rain.

The contest between a Finch XI and a Cummins XI had already been cut to a 20-over affair because of a poor forecast and the weather closed in after 5.5 overs of the Cummins XI chase when they were racing along at 60 for 0 in reply to the Finch X's 150 all out.

Warner had resumed the T20 form that lit up the Australia season during which he averaged 138.33 with a strike-rate of 142.12. He struck 42 off 35 balls in an opening stand of 75 in 9.2 overs with Finch who made 40 off 29 deliveries.

The innings fell away once the stand had been broken when Ashton Agar bowled Finch. Josh Philippe (20), one of three uncapped players on the tour, and Mitchell Marsh (23) made starts but the final eight wickets fell for 38 runs.

Kane Richardson struck twice in an over to remove Marnus Labuschagne and Daniel Sams - the latter for a first-ball duck. The lower order was wrapped up by Pat Cummins (2 for 26) and Adam Zampa (2 for 18).

The Cummins XI were soon out of the blocks in the chase as Wade cracked three sixes in an unbroken stand with Marcus Stoinis - both players in the positions where they have enjoyed considerable Big Bash success. AJ Tye's first over back in Australia colours was taken for 22.

"It was nice to get out there and play some cricket, unfortunately the weather has closed in on us," Wade said. "The bowlers got some overs under their belt and managed to have a little hit

"Starcy was certainly flying in so it was nice to get a couple out of the middle. Just to stand in the middle with no nets around you is valuable. The bowlers haven't had a lot of match practice, it's all good bowling in the nets but then go and stand in the field is always the hardest part so these matches are vital for us

Finch xl vs Cummins xl
2nd warm up

Finch xl 249
Tye 59, Warner 34, Starc 41, D.Sams 28, Croom 20*, Labu 21, M.Marsh 18
Stoinis 4 for 31, Zampa 2 for 19

Cummins xl 250/ 8
Stoinis 87, Maxwell 108 not out, Smith 8.
Lyon 3 for 47, Meredith & starc 2 wkts each

Cummins xl won by 2 wickets
------

Practice matches for 20 over (2 games)

Finch xl won 2 games Back to back

Finch xl won by 23 runs
https://m.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-sco ... gland-2020

Finch Xl won by 36 runs
https://m.cricbuzz.com/live-cricket-sco ... gland-2020
Last edited by Harmer on Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

Australian :dance2: T20 and :macarena ODI squad for the Tour of England: Aaron Finch (c), Sean Abbott, Ashton Agar, Alex Carey, Pat Cummins (vc), Josh Hazlewood, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Riley Meredith, Josh Philippe, Daniel Sams, Kane Richardson, Steven Smith, Mitchell Starc, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Matthew Wade, David Warner, Adam Zampa.

England T20I Squad :macarena : Eoin Morgan (captain), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonathan Bairstow, Tom Banton, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Joe Denly, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood

Reserves: Liam Livingstone, Saqib Mahmood

England ODI Squad :dance2: : Eoin Morgan (captain), Moeen Ali, Jofra Archer, Jonathan Bairstow, Tom Banton, Sam Billings, Jos Buttler, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Adil Rashid, Joe Root, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood

Reserves: Joe Denly, Saqib Mahmood
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-commenta ... gland-2020

England vs Australia, 1st T20I

Starts at 22:30 IST, Sep 04 (17:00 GMT)

Preview: England vs Australia, T20I Series

The upcoming series of limited overs matches between England and Australia, which begin with the first T20I on Friday (September 4), may be being played behind closed doors but the captains of both teams know there will be no lack of intensity given the rivalry between the two countries.

"The England-Australia rivalry is always huge, regardless of who you're playing in front of or where you're playing," said Aaron Finch, Australia's captain. "I think you could play it in the street and it'd still be there." His English counterpart, Eoin Morgan, agreed: "There is always more on the line when you play against Australia. When you grow up watching Ashes cricket or any game against Australia it is always built up and seen as a pinnacle of anybody 's career."

The final instalment of the English international summer should be an enticing one, then, and not simply because of the edge that generally comes with any game between England and Australia. The three T20I matches, which are then followed by three ODIs, pit the number one and two sides in the ICC world rankings against each other and both squads are more or less full strength too, albeit that England are missing Jason Roy and Ben Stokes, two of their first choice players. If the weather holds, the cricket should be high-quality.

The most exciting, and fascinating, aspect of the series will be the sight of a coral of genuine quicks trying to stick up for the bowlers in a game dominated by batsmen. For England, Jofra Archer and Mark Wood return to their squad after missing the series against Pakistan while Australia have Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins and Josh Hazelwood in their party. All of them are capable of shifting consistently into the 90mph bracket. Normally, batsmen have it much their own way in T20 cricket. Perhaps this series will be different.

Not that the two opening pairs will merely be trying to survive. Australia coach Justin Langer described David Warner and Aaron Finch this week as the best opening partnership in limited overs cricket and although Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow might dispute that claim in the ODI format, Langer certainly has a point when it comes to T20I cricket. In 23 innings together, Warner and Finch average 40.28 at a run rate of 9.08. Neither will die wondering, no matter who is bowling at them.

Morgan confirmed that if everyone was available, England's first choice opening pair in T20Is would be Roy and Jos Buttler with Bairstow slotting in at three. It is a decision based on the premise of giving Buttler as many balls as possible. It is a sensible plan. In nine innings opening the batting for England in T20 cricket, he averages 42.25 at a strike rate of 162.50. In Roy's absence for this series, however, Bairstow will open the batting, not that it will change England's modus operandi. Buttler and Bairstow will be the equals of Warner and Finch in terms of aggression.

All in all, it should be an enthralling series. The last time these two teams met in T20I cricket was in the summer of 2018 when England triumphed easily enough at Edgbaston, after amassing 221 from their 20 overs. Before that match, Australia had been thumped in the ODI series 5-0. At that time, they were still emerging from the ball tampering 'scandal' in South Africa. Now, they are a far different proposition having regained some of their swagger and dominance. The world is a vastly different place too, of course.

When: Friday, September 4, 2020. 18:00 Local Time, 10.30 PM IST

Where: Ageas Bowl, Southampton

What to expect: Australia's batsmen have certainly enjoyed the Ageas Bowl surfaces during their intra-squad training matches ahead of this series and the pitch for this game is expected to be similarly good for batting with some pace and carry. According to the forecast, there is a small chance of rain on Friday evening but not enough that the game won't be completed.

Team News

England

After Eoin Morgan confirmed that Jonny Bairstow and Jos Buttler will open the batting, it leaves Dawid Malan and Tom Banton to fight it out for the number three position. Malan batted there against Pakistan which could make him favourite. England will also have to decide whether to select both Jofra Archer and Mark Wood in the final XI. If they do, Tom Curran may miss out. With Lewis Gregory, who played all three matches against Pakistan, not selected in this squad, his place as the late order all-rounder may go to Sam Curran.

Possible XI: Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Dawid Malan, Eoin Morgan, Sam Billings, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, Mark Wood

Australia

With a squad of 21 on this tour, Australia have plenty of options to choose from although their T20 side has been particularly settled of late, which means Marnus Labuschange might struggle to make his T20I debut. Perhaps the two major selection decisions involve who will occupy the extra middle order spot and who will be the third quick. Kane Richardson, who has played in Australia's last nine T20Is, is favourite for the latter position while Mitchell Marsh and Matthew Wade batted in the middle order in South Africa in February.

Possible XI: Aaron Finch, David Warner, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey, Mitchell Marsh, Aston Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa

Squads:

England Squad: Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler(w), Dawid Malan, Eoin Morgan(c), Sam Billings, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, Mark Wood, Tom Banton, Joe Denly, Tom Curran

Australia Squad: Aaron Finch(c), David Warner, Steven Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey(w), Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Matthew Wade, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Sean Abbott, Marcus Stoinis, Andrew Tye, Marnus Labuschagne, Riley Meredith, Daniel Sams, Josh Philippe
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

Aus were 124 for 1 Chasing 163 for win lost vs England by 2 runs

England 162 for 7
Buttler 44, Malan 66
2 wkts each by Richardson, Maxi & Agar

Australia 98 for 0 in 10th over lost next 6 in next 10 over for 62 runs

Aus 160/6
Warner 58, Finch 44, stoinis 26 n.o
Wood 1 wicket, Rashid & Archer 2
wickets each

Eng 1/0 in 3 match t20i

Dawid Malan : Man Of Match

England vs Australia, 1st T20I

England won by 2 runs

ENG - 162/7 (20)
AUS - 160/6 (20)

Lowest total defended by ENG at home in T20Is:
153 v India, Lord's 2009
162 v Australia, Southampton 2020*
179 v Australia, Southampton 2005
180 v India, Birmingham 2014

Victories (fewest runs margin) for ENG in T20Is:
1 run v SA, Jo'burg 2009
2 runs v NZ, Hamilton 2018
2 runs v SA, Durban 2020
2 runs v AUS, Southampton 2020*

Defeats (fewest runs margin) for AUS in T20Is:
2 runs v SA, Jo'burg 2006
2 runs v SL, Melbourne 2013
2 runs v ENG, Southampton 2020*
5 runs v ENG, Cardiff 2015

Dawid Malan | MoM: I don't know what the secret is but it is working. You're always pushing yourself to exceed all expectations and limits. This white ball team has been the strongest England team in the last 4-5 years. It is really hard to get into this team, we are all aware of that and we just need to keep pushing ourselves. 175-180 was a good score, especially with the way Jos started we even thought 200, but when you assess the wicket it was a lot less. We were just one partnership away from getting there.
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

6.45 pm IST start 2nd T20I

Cricbuzz

Australia out to avoid implosion against a Jordan-inspired England

September 05 2020

Chris Jordan, who is only behind Stuart Broad on the T20 wickets charts for England, has been hailed as one of England's greatest bowlers by Eoin Morgan

"He has been one of our greatest ever bowlers," England captain Eoin Morgan said of Chris Jordan in the aftermath of his team's narrow two run victory over Australia on Friday. If that comment surprised some, it shouldn't have. Jordan might not get many headlines but he is a brilliant T20 performer.

He is, after all, England's second highest T20I wicket taker, behind Stuart Broad. He is the undisputed leader of England's current attack having played 33 of their 34 matches since the 2016 T20 WC - he was rested for the third game of the series against New Zealand last winter. Of all England's bowlers, he is the first name on the team sheet and for good reason. He is their death bowling maestro. According to CricViz, only West Indies' Dwayne Bravo has bowled more death overs than Jordan in T20 cricket since that T20 WC in India. Jordan has the better economy rate.

In his 50th T20I on Friday evening, Jordan displayed his credentials yet again by delivering the crucial 19th over of Australia's chase. It went for just four runs and included an important run out, which Jordan executed off his own bowling, from the final delivery which means Australia needed 15 to win without the dangerous Ashton Agar who had to walk back to the pavilion. It was exactly the sort of over England have come to expect from Jordan. Clear headed, pinpoint accurate and tactically smart. It adds to a growing catalogue of games which he has helped close out for his team.

What made Jordan's performance even more impressive was that he had not bowled between the sixth and 19th overs. And yet he was on the money straight away. "That's how T20 cricket goes sometimes," Jordan told reporters on Saturday morning. "I bowled two overs in the Powerplay and then didn't bowl again until that penultimate over. As long as your mind is in the game and you understand the nature of T20 cricket... sometimes one over can change the game, and once you have that opportunity you try and grab it with both hands. Luckily we were able to see it over the line.

"Last night was more about us assessing the conditions at the time. In the last over we didn't actually bowl one yorker, because we started to use the pitch and bang the pitch hard, nice and straight. That's what got us back into the game. We stuck with it, and executed that along the way. It's a matter of working with the conditions you have."

Jordan will lead England's attack in the second game of the series, on Sunday (September 6), as they look to seal a series victory over the world's number one ranked T20I side. One area England will want to improve, however, is their Powerplay bowling. Yet again, they failed to take a wicket in the first six overs of Australia's innings. Jordan is often used during that phase of the game as well as at the death and recognised that England could have bowled fuller with the new ball in search of wickets in game one.

"In the Pakistan series, I thought we went to our variations in the powerplay a little too early," he said. "In the game after that we rectified if and tried to hit the pitch nice and hard and hit the stumps a bit longer. Again last night, maybe we can look at how many balls are hitting the stumps and the pads, because you are looking for wickets in that Powerplay. Maybe we were a little bit short and we got tucked away on the leg side and the off side. Maybe that's an area for us to look at."

Australia too have areas of their game to improve from Friday evening. They will be kicking themselves that they lost a game they should have won but will no doubt be better for the hit out after six months without playing. At the very least, they will hope their batsmen don't make the same mistakes as they did in the first match. Indeed, there is bound to be a reaction from Australia after such an implosion. Jordan and co. will need to be ready for it.

When: Sunday September 6, 2020. 14:15 Local Time

Where: Ageas Bowl, Southampton

What to expect: England's tactics of bowling into the pitch, rather than targeting yorkers, late on in Australia's innings as the batsmen struggled to play the big shots was indicative of a surface which wasn't quite the belter it had looked during both Powerplays. It was similarly tricky for England's batsmen after the new-ball phase, for instance. The pitch is likely to be drier on Sunday which could even up the balance between bat and ball still further. Thankfully, the weather is, so far, playing ball for this series and it's set to be a sunny afternoon on the south coast.

Team News

England

England may well opt for an unchanged side having decided to play both Dawid Malan and Tom Banton in game one, leaving out Sam Billings. Although Banton has said he is struggling adjusting to a middle order role - he has opened his entire career - it looks like England want to expose him to as much international cricket as they can given the rich potential he has. If a change in the bowling attack is considered, Mark Wood could be rested with Sam Curran a chance to come back in.

Possible XI: Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Dawid Malan, Tom Banton, Eoin Morgan, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, Mark Wood

Australia

It was a surprise that Australia chose Marcus Stoinis to bat at number five in the opening game given a few days before that match, coach Justin Langer had said his best position was at the top of the order. Stoinis was unable to see the tourists home on Friday evening and they have plenty of other options for that spot, including Mitchell Marsh. Nevertheless, it would be a tough call to make a change after just one game and Australia may roll out the same side which came so cloe victory in the opening tie.

Possible XI: Aaron Finch, David Warner, Steve Smith, Glenn Maxwell, Alex Carey, Marcus Stoinis, Aston Agar, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/114 ... ed-england
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

Aus won toss bats

lost warner off Archer
Zero for 1 after 2 ball
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

Aus lost Warner & Carey in 1St 8 ball

England vs Australia, 2nd T20I
Australia opt to bat
AUS - 3/2 (1.2)
CR

AUS: 1-1 after 1 over

Alex Carey, left handed bat, comes to the crease

0.3 Jofra Archer to Warner, out Caught by Buttler! Warner given out! He reviews! 90mph/146km/h corker, seaming back in, cutting him in half, and taking a bit of glove! He's been given out! Might not have felt it on the leather, Warner, perhaps thought it was only elbow on it, but the TV umpire sees a deafening spike as it passes the glove. Irrefutable evidence against Warner who leaves for a duck AND uses up a review. Minus points for him today. Warner c Buttler b Jofra Archer 0

On Stoinis selection

: "Having lost his wickets with simple requirements: like 22 off 14 (his Debut T20I), 19 off 24 (ODI vs NZ '17), 17 off 18 (T20I vs NZ '18), 21 off 18 (ODI vs India '19) & 26 off 18 (Last T20I), Stoinis doesn't deserve to be part of Aus middle-order as he is very poor finisher. He must be sacked !

Australia have won the toss and have opted to bat