Newzealand vs Westindies 2022: (Aug 11-15 :(3 T20I >Jamaica)( Aug 17-21 (3 ODI> Barbados)

This forum contains topics related to live cricket matches
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Newzealand vs Westindies 2022: (Aug 11-15 :(3 T20I >Jamaica)( Aug 17-21 (3 ODI> Barbados)

Post by Mediaking 786 »

NEW ZEALAND TOUR OF WEST INDIES, 2022

Aug 11, Thu
West Indies vs New Zealand
1st T20I at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica
00:00 IST / 18:30 GMT

Aug 13, Sat
2nd T20I at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Aug 15, Mon
3rd T20I at Sabina Park, Kingston, Jamaica

Aug 17, Wed
1st ODI at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados
23:30 IST / 18:00 GMT

Aug 19, Fri
2nd ODI at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

Aug 21, Sun
3rd ODI at Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‡πŸ˜‡β€οΈ
Newzealand team for both format :

Combined squad: Kane Williamson (C), Finn Allen, Trent Boult, Michael Bracewell, Devon Conway, Lockie Ferguson, Martin Guptill, Ben Sears, Tom Latham, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee

Westindies T20I team

Westindies ODI team

2023 World Cup.

Squad: Nicholas Pooran (c), Shai Hope (vc), Shamarh Brooks, Keacy Carty, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Gudakesh Motie (subject to fitness), Keemo Paul, Jayden Seales, Kevin Sinclair.(un-capped for ODI)
Last edited by Mediaking 786 on Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Re: Newzealand vs Westindies 2022: (Aug 11-15 :(3 T20I >Jamaica)( Aug 17-21 (3 ODI> Barbados)

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Cricbuzz

Distressed West Indies aim to halt the NZ juggernaut

August 10 2022

Can West Indies recover from their 1-4 defeat to India at home and give New Zealand a tough challenge?

Can West Indies recover from their 1-4 defeat to India at home and give New Zealand a tough challenge?

The Sabina Park will host its first T20I in over five years when West Indies take on New Zealand in the first T20I of the three-match series. West Indies would be desperate to find answers to the oodles of question marks they are faced with in what will be their last T20I series before they announce their squad for the World Cup. That, for which, they will need to qualify, placed in Group B for the first round alongside Ireland, Zimbabwe and Scotland.

The hosts would've been disappointed with their faring in the recently-concluded T20I series to India slipping to a 1-4 loss in their favoured format. The series followed a familiar script of inconsistency and batting collapses for the West Indies; in addition, a number of vital personnel missing from their ranks only hurt them further. With no clarity in Chris Gayle, Andre Russell and Sunil Narine's availability for the T20 WC, and Evin Lewis, Fabian Allen and Sheldon Cottrell unavailable for various reasons, it leaves West Indies with an arduous task to figure out not just their best squad, but more so the best XI.

New Zealand, meanwhile, have named a full-strength squad for the series. While the ones that filled in for the Europe tour in the absence of their mainstay players were impressive, the addition of experience of Kane Williamson, Trent Boult, Tim Southee and Devon Conway only strengthens their squad. They have momentum on their side, going unbeaten across 4 ODIs and 7 T20Is against Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands.

πŸ˜‡Daryl Mitchell was particularly splendid, continuing to showcase his versatality across formats and pressure situations. He finished as the highest run-getter in the T20Is against the three teams in Europe with 187 runs with a strike-rate nearing 150.

πŸ˜‡Michael Bracewell enhanced his reputation of being an allrounder, as he picked a hat-trick as well as made vital contributions with the bat, staking a claim for a World Cup spot.

πŸ˜‡Their depth in batting shone through as they piled on the runs, while the bowling attack was more than potent. Ish Sodhi played a crucial role, featuring in all the T20Is on the Europe tour and finished as New Zealand's best bowler with 13 wickets at 14.15. With the three T20Is set to be played in Kingston, where the wickets favour the spinners, Sodhi will once again be pivotal.

When: West Indies vs New Zealand, 1st T20I, Aug 10, 01:30 PM local; 12 AM IST

Where: Sabina Park, Jamaica

What to expect: Temperature hovering around 30-32 degrees with bright sunshine is forecast for the game. The Sabina Park surface has seen a bit of slowing down in the recent past, with tricky phases for the batsmen. The spinners are expected to do well largely at the venue with visible turn available. Slower deliveries from the pacers can bring them rewards. Across the 3 T20Is at the venue, the average first innings score has been 134.

Team News

West Indies

Brandon King and Kye Mayers were left out of the last T20I against India, due to niggles, in what was a precautionary call. Evin Lewis continues to miss out of the squad after failing to clear a fitness test that was set up after the IPL. Akeal Hosein and Hayden Walsh Jr should be in the XI, given that they're the frontline spin options. West Indies continue to miss the services of allrounder Fabian Allen, who pulled out for personal reasons.

Squad: Rovman Powell, Shamarh Brooks, Brandon King, Shimron Hetmyer, Kyle Mayers, Jason Holder, Keemo Paul, Nicholas Pooran (c/wk), Devon Thomas (wk), Dominic Drakes, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Hayden Walsh Jr.

New Zealand

The challenge New Zealand will face is integrating the incoming experienced players with the ones that have had a successful European tour to find the right balance. Conway, Latham and Henry return after being rested for the second half of the European tour. Adam Milne, ruled out of the Europe tour with an Achilles injury, has not been named in the squad.

Squad: Kane Williamson (c), Martin Guptill, James Neesham, Daryl Mitchell, Mitchell Santner, Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell, Devon Conway, Tom Latham, Glenn Phillips, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Matt Henry, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee

What they said:

"I think the three matches will be important for a lot of players as well as some players who will be rested. But, in general, after that we will have to make a decision." - Phil Simmons

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/123 ... juggernaut
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Re: Newzealand vs Westindies 2022: (Aug 11-15 :(3 T20I >Jamaica)( Aug 17-21 (3 ODI> Barbados)

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Odd time for india to watch live from πŸ›Œ12 am - next day till 3.30 am or spπŸ›Œ
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Game starts late no idea why but at 3.30 pm IST westindies innings just Starts they need 186 to win game after NZ posted 185/5

West Indies won the toss and opt to bowl

Nz opener Guptill & Devon Conway put on 62.

Nz 185/5 (20 ovs)
Conway 43, Williamson 47, Neesham 33* off 15.
G. Phillip 17, Mitchell 16, Guptill 16

Holder:4 0 42 1
McCoy:4 0 39 1
Shepherd:(3/0/35/0)
Walsh :4 0 29 0
Odean Smith(4/0/32/3
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Westindies need 186 to win but once again ( last series vs india too) their top order lost Ground

Thrilling 8th wicket stand of 58*(off 26 ball) between Shepherd (16 ball 31*)& Smith(12 ball 27*was worth to watch but Westindies Beaten

W. I >172/7 (20 ovs)
Brooks 42, Pooran 15,
Holder 25, Powell 18, Smith 12 ball 27 not out,
Shepherd 16 ball 31 not out

T Boult :4 0 36 1
Southee:4 0 46 1 Santner : 4 0 19 3
Lockie F: 4 0 33 1
Sodhi : 4 0 34 1

Nz beat WI by 13 runs❀️
Santner MOM ❀️
Nz 1/0 in 3 match series
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Cricbuzz
West Indies vs New Zealand, 2nd T20I
Starts at 00:00 IST, Aug 13 (18:30 GMT, Aug 12)

Preview:

In the just-concluded T20I series against India, the West Indies' batters struggled to fire collectively. And the same story continued in the opening T20I against New Zealand as the hosts limped to 114 for 7 before Romario Shepherd and Odean Smith propelled the side to a respectable score of 172 in a chase of 186. The engine room of West Indies' batting unit - Nicholas Pooran, Shimron Hetmyer and Rovman Powell - has fired only in fits and starts.

To make matters worse for the West Indies, barring one fifty against India, Kyle Mayers has also struggled to provide solid starts at the top of the order. In that context, the West Indies camp would be rather pleased by how Smith and Shepherd rallied around with their eighth-wicket stand. The West Indies would believe if the mainstays of the batting unit click, then they have the required firepower down the order to provide the booster tonic.

The West Indies also need to tighten a few malfunctioning nuts and bolts in their bowling department. After taking a six-for against India, the left-arm pacer, Obed McCoy, has been wading through a tough phase, giving away 166 runs for just two wickets over his last four games. McCoy is at his best when he mixes up hard length with back-of-the-hand slower ones and the off-cutter. But somewhere, the back of the hand slower one seems to have gone missing from his armour in the recent past. The home team would hope for McCoy to find his bowling rhythm in the crucial second game.

Meanwhile, after New Zealand clinched the opening game, their top order batter, Devon Conway said: "This is a great opportunity to try different combinations. It will obviously provide good opportunities for guys to experience different roles." Although one expects New Zealand to look at sticking to the core of the side for the rest of the series, they might end up making a few changes in order to test their bench strength. The likes of Finn Allen, Michael Bracewell and Matt Henry could get an opportunity at some point in the series.

When: West Indies vs New Zealand, 2nd T20I, Aug 12, 01:30 PM local; 12 AM IST

What to expect: Barring a few deliveries that seemed to stop on the batter, the conditions were fairly good for batting in the first game. The spinners could again play a key role. A rain shower or two is expected through the course of the day.

Team News

West Indies

Shamarh Brooks made a decent contribution in the first match and the West Indies might continue with him. Akeal Hosein, who was rested for the opening T20I, is set to slot back into the side.

Possible XI: Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran, Devon Thomas, Shimron Hetmyer, Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Romario Shephered, Hayden Walsh jnr/Akeal Hosein, Obed McCoy

New Zealand

The visitors could be tempted to try out the hard-hitting all-rounder Michael Bracewell.

Possible XI: Martin Guptill, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, Jimmy Neesham, Michell Santner, Ish Sodhi/Michael Bracewell, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult

What they said:

"We've got some really powerful and skillful players. If you look at the likes of Kane, he may not be as explosive or powerful as Neesham, but can strike at 150 on his day - even at 200 for that matter. He just brings a different skillet to the team. We have quite a lengthy group of batters eager to put their hat in the ring," Conway.

Squads:

West Indies Squad: Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran(c), Devon Thomas(w), Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Obed McCoy, Hayden Walsh, Akeal Hosein, Brandon King, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Dominic Drakes

New Zealand Squad: Martin Guptill, Devon Conway(w), Kane Williamson(c), Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Tom Latham, Matt Henry, Michael Bracewell, Finn Allen
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Glen Phillip & Mitchell put on 83 off 34 ball with 10 sixes

Yet again westindies beaten 6th Defeats in last 7 T20I in their own Backyard.

Nz 215/5
Conway 42, Guptill 20,
Glen Phillip 76 (41 ball)Mitchell 48(20 ball).

K Mayers:2 0 17 0
Shepherd:3 0 26 1
McCoy :4 0 40 3
Holder :4 0 40 0
O Smith :3 0 30 1
Walsh (4/0/55/0)

Westindies 80/8> 123/9
#11 McCoy 23 not out, powell 21, Shepherd 18.

Boult :4 0 21 0
Southee:4 0 34 1
Santner : 4 0 15 3
Bracewell:4 1 15 3
Sodhi :4 0 36 1

Nz won by 90:runs lead & win series 2/0😍

Glen Phillip MOM❀️
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Mediaking 786 »

12 am IST today
Westindies vs Mighty Newzealand

Cricbuzz

West Indies seek quick remedies as World Cup looms

West Indies' preparation has been far from ideal
West Indies' preparation has been far from ideal
West Indies are in a fix. The series is already out of their grasp, and their preparation for the men's T20 WC is far from ideal. Since beating Bangladesh 2-0 in early July, they've looked a shadow of themselves in the format - losing four out of five T20Is to India and two more now to New Zealand. Worse still, there continues to be an impasse over the status of some of their globe-trotting T20 superstars and their availability for the showpiece event.

Phil Simmons, who has seen a lot of these conflicts in his time as West Indies head coach, pulled no punches when he said: "It hurts. There's no other way to put it. But what can you do? I don't think that I should be begging people to play for their countries. I think if you want to represent West Indies, you will make yourself available."

While a cloud of uncertainty hangs over the availability of the likes of Sunil Narine, Andre Russell, Oshane Thomas, Evin Lewis, to name a few, West Indies have very little time between now and the World Cup, where they have to feature in the first round of games. The CPL season - from September 1 to October 1 - should give the selectors a wider net to pick from but Monday's game against New Zealand is one of only three remaining international fixtures (two away in Australia in early October) for the management to draw concrete conclusions on where they stand.

New Zealand meanwhile, are piecing together a side that they can confidently carry forward in their quest to knock the title from the hands of their Trans-Tasman rivals, in their own den. New Zealand enjoyed a more rounded performance in the second game - where batters and bowlers dominated the home side, but Mitchell Santner has stood out in both games, with figures of 3 for 19 and 3 for 15.

Santner has shown to be the ideal middle-overs operator, who will be lethal on the big grounds of Australia. Glenn Phillips has been another positive for New Zealand this year, who smashed a 41-ball 76 in the second game against West Indies. He has amassed 301 runs from the middle order at a strike rate of 143.3 in 2022, setting himself up for a strong finish with the World Cup. There is a sense of balance to New Zealand's line-up that the home side currently craves.

When: West Indies vs New Zealand, 3rd T20I, August 15, 2022, 01:30 PM Local Time

What to expect: A partly sunny day is in the offing with rain expected to stay away. The surface in the two fixtures so far has been conducive for big scores. The venue has one short square boundary that both teams have maximised so far, and should continue to do so in the final fixture.

Team News:

West Indies

Given Mitchell Santner's success in both the games so far, Nicholas Pooran could be tempted to bring in a left-arm of his own - Akeal Hosein.

Probable XI: Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran, Devon Thomas, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Hayden Walsh/Akeal Hosein, Obed McCoy

New Zealand

Based on how much New Zealand value momentum and continuity in the face of a dead rubber, there could be game time for Lockie Ferguson and Finn Allen.

Probable XI: Martin Guptill, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Glenn Phillips/Finn Allen, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Trent Boult/Lockie Ferguson

What They Said:

"Glenn [Phillips] burst onto the scene a year or so ago now, and scored a great hundred at Mount Maunganui versus West Indies, and since then just keeps making every post a winner. His batting's been fantastic, he's got good power, but then you couple that with what he can do in the field, it's pretty special as well. He's taken a lot of catches this tour, but the speed he has saves us runs on the field too." - New Zealand head coachGary Stead

"Life has changed, in that people have the opportunities to go different places and if they choose that over West Indies, that's just how it is." - West Indies head coach Phil Simmons

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/123 ... -cup-looms
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Consolation Westindies win at their own backyard

Nz opted to bats in Dress rehersal after nz win series during last game.

Nz 145/7
Conway 21, Williamson 24, G. Phillip 41

Drakes :4 0 19 1
Alzarri J:4 0 35 0
Hosein :4 0 28 2
O. Smith:(4/0/23/3)
Walsh :2 0 16 1

Westindies : 150/2 (19 ovs)B. King 53 (35 ball) Brooks 56*,Powell 27* off 15 ball

Bracewell:2 0 14 0:
Santner :4 0 30 0
TSouthee:4 0 37 1
Lockie f :4 0 16 0
I Sodhi: 4/0/36/1)

Westindies won by 8 wkts nz win series 2/1❀️

Brandon King MOM for his 35 ball Innings🀣

❀️Glen Phillip (NZ) player of the series 😍

Next 3 ODI
Mediaking 786
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Mediaking 786 »

Cricbuzz
West Indies vs New Zealand, 1st ODI
Starts at 23:30 IST, Aug 17 (18:00 GMT)

Preview

The recent ODI series against India did give West Indies some hope of turning their fortunes around in this format real quick. Their batting unit made some giant strides after a few unimpressive performances this year and with a bit of luck, West Indies could have easily ended up on the winning side on a couple of occasions. Nevertheless, as the scoreline suggests, they did end up losing 3-0 for the third straight time in this format and they are desperately in need of a win to break that duck. Nine straight losses is never a pretty sight.

However, the addition of Shimron Hetmyer does offer the hosts more hope. A batting unit that slowly looks like settling down will further be bolstered by the left-hander's presence in the middle order. He didn't do a great deal in the two games he batted against the visitors in the recently-concluded T20I series but Hetmyer will certainly get more time to spend out in the middle in the 50-over format.

It will be interesting to see the makeup of the bowling unit for the hosts. They did concede totals in excess of 300 on a couple of occasions against India and New Zealand have a few explosive in-form batters in their ranks as well to cause similar damage. But one man who will be under the spotlight is skipper Kane Williamson. While he continues to chase an elusive big score, it's worth noting that Williamson will be playing his first ODI game in over two years.

In fact, Williamson has featured in only two ODIs ever since the 2019 World Cup final and that is without a doubt a staggering fact. At a time when concerns over the format's future starts cropping up, it is imperative the world's best players get to play in as many ODIs as possible in the lead up to the World Cup next year.

When: West Indies vs New Zealand, 1st ODI, August 17, 2 PM local time

Where: Kensington Oval, Bridgetown, Barbados

What to expect: The last time an ODI was held at this venue, West Indies were shot out for just 152 🀣against Australia last year. Clear skies are expected to greet the players.

Team News

West Indies

Will the West Indies pick a second spinner? They only have a 14-man squad to pick from so it will be interesting to see who they leave out.

Probable XI: Shai Hope (WK), Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Brandon King, Nicholas Pooran (C), Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Jayden Seales/Gudakesh Motie

New Zealand

Their squad composition suggests that New Zealand will most certainly pick two spinners in the XI. With the likes of Daryl Mitchell and Michael Bracewell impressing in recent times, James Neesham will have to most likely sit out.

Probable XI: Martin Guptill, Finn Allen, Kane Williamson (C), Devon Conway, Tom Latham (WK), Daryl Mitchell, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson

Squads:

New Zealand Squad: Martin Guptill, Finn Allen, Kane Williamson(c), Devon Conway, Tom Latham(w), Daryl Mitchell, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Lockie Ferguson, Glenn Phillips, James Neesham, Ish Sodhi, Ben Sears

West Indies Squad: Brandon King, Shamarh Brooks, Shai Hope(w), Nicholas Pooran(c), Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Jayden Seales, Akeal Hosein, Kevin Sinclair, Gudakesh Motie, Keacy Carty

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/123 ... odi-hoodoo

Β© 2022 Cricbuzz.com,