CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Kenya

Re: IPL 2019

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:39 am

Going south and Raja
How about playing Draft for IPL 2019?

KKR still need to trade 4 more player but trade in window will be close on Feb 28th, I guess about one mos before the very first
IPL.I Wish IPL not starts on March 23 because of election.

ANYWAY IT WAS GOING SOUTH'S DREAM FOR T20 DRAFT

We have more opportunities coming as ICC WORLD T20 -2020 and 2021- World will be coming up in two successive years as Champion trophy scrapped forever.

WORLD T20 (2020) Will be in Australia from Oct 18 to Nov 15,
2020 - 45 matches with 16 or 17 countries will be participate
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:04 pm

yes!!!!

i am all for T20 draft.

i am in. who else?

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Me too, but someone has to starts with rules / Regulation
Etc thread plus number of player selection etc
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:42 am

No way is Curran worth 800k pounds for IPL just now...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:06 am

Paddles wrote:No way is Curran worth 800k pounds for IPL just now...

He took 3 wickets and quick fire highest score of 62 in-spite of no help from team mates whose pitiful scores are 0000119 apart from 12 13 15 35. That’s great all rounder performance. Granted his opposition lacks IPL quality, let’s wait and see how he fares for kings XI Punjab who now has Ryan Harris as bowling coach & R Ashwin as mentor. I am sure he is going improve even more. He would shine more with support batting of finch,miller,Mayank Agarwal, gayle,yuvraj,kL rahul which are more better companions in his new team.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sat Dec 29, 2018 7:43 am

Going South wrote:
Paddles wrote:No way is Curran worth 800k pounds for IPL just now...

He took 3 wickets and quick fire highest score of 62 in-spite of no help from team mates whose pitiful scores are 0000119 apart from 12 13 15 35. That’s great all rounder performance. Granted his opposition lacks IPL quality, let’s wait and see how he fares for kings XI Punjab who now has Ryan Harris as bowling coach & R Ashwin as mentor. I am sure he is going improve even more. He would shine more with support batting of finch,miller,Mayank Agarwal, gayle,yuvraj,kL rahul which are more better companions in his new team.

I don't know who or what you're talking about...

Lol - his bowling will be horrid in the IPL. He won't bowl much at all.... he will get smashed...

His batting will be useful.... but 800K pounds - no way...

You realise it is Sam Curran right...

Okay - you mean Tom - nah it is Sam Curran who the big winner at the IPL auction...
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:22 am

Ohhhh my bad.
You mean the joker that got compared to Tendulkar in the media ? Hahahaha. No way.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:23 am

To me
Tom Curran >>>>>>>>>> Sam Curran

Agree or disagree ??

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:09 pm

IPL 2019 to be played entirely in India, will begin on March 23

The 2019 edition of the IPL will take place entirely in India, and will start on March 23, the BCCI said on Tuesday. The venue had been the subject of speculation given that the dates clash with the general elections, which are expected to take place in April-May. However, a BCCI release said the date and venue had been decided on by the Committee of Administrators after discussions with federal and state officials.

It is likely that the full IPL schedule will be out in early February. In addition to the home bases of the eight franchises, around four to six additional grounds have been shortlisted as back-up. Once the Election Commission of India announces the final dates for the polls, the IPL will consider if any of these venues would need changing.

Although the IPL has not announced the date for the final, it is likely to be between May 12 and 15. As per norm the defending champion gets the rights to host the tournament opener and the final. So Chennai will get both those key matches. More clarity on the situation is expected once the poll dates in the city are made public.

ESPNcricinfo understands that the information has been passed on to, and received by, the franchises.

In a press release the BCCI said that decision to conduct the tournament in India was "based on the preliminary discussions with the appropriate central and state agencies / authorities". A detailed schedule, the BCCI said, "will be finalised in consultation with the appropriate authorities", after which the Committee of Administrators will have a "detailed discussion" with all the stakeholders.

In 2009 and 2014 - the last two seasons that clashed with general elections - the IPL had been moved to South Africa and the UAE (first half of the season) respectively. This time, too, the IPL had been proactive about keeping alternate plan in place. The first priority was always to keep the entire tournament in India but South Africa and the UAE were again shortlisted as alternate venues. Before the auction, held on December 18, the IPL briefed the franchises about the various plans it had chalked out in case the tournament had to be moved out of the country.

The biggest challenge for the franchises next season is that the IPL will end a couple of weeks before the World Cup begins on May 30 in England. As a result, the availability of overseas players towards the tail-end of the season is a bit unclear.

Source:cricinfo

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Going South wrote:To me
Tom Curran >>>>>>>>>> Sam Curran

Agree or disagree ??

Disagree on batting... agree on limited overs bowling at this stage... but Sam is improving...

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:40 pm

How do they fare so far in BBL?

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:25 am

IPL FINAL BETWEEN MAY 12-15, 2019 [ espn cricinfo says]

march 23 - May 14, 2019 not bad
Last edited by givemeahug786 on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:36 am

givemeahug786 wrote:IPL FINAL BETWEEN MAY 12-15, 2019 [ espn cricinfo says]

march 23 - May 14, 2019 not bad

I expect the team players for final to be totally Indian players. Ha!!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 am

not possible all indian players because only Aus and eng players has to returned to their respective countries Mid- night before 1st may 2019
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:14 am

Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:16 pm

I am frustrated to note that my team, RCB, continue to make the same errors. Poor bowling attack - why Umesh Yadav for God's sake? Fine bowler in Tests and early ODI overs with attacking fields but hopeless as a death bowler. RCB will find it difficult to include both Southee and Coulter-Nile without weakening their batting. DeVillers has to play and Hetmeyer is a good choice. IMO, if Klaasen clicks as a batsman he will have to be preferred over Parthiv Patel as the WK, in which case they can only pick only one out of De Grandholmme, Southee and Coulter-Nile. NCN's current bowling form might give him the edge, in which case CG will have to be left out. He is a useful basher towards the end.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

IPL 2019

Postby Going South » Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Only 4 foreigner spots. What combination do you pick ? Give full team of 11.
Some might leave at the end of series who won’t play last 6-7 matches.

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:03 pm

Going South wrote:Only 4 foreigner spots. What combination do you pick ? Give full team of 11.
Some might leave at the end of series who won’t play last 6-7 matches.
Only England players, methinks. But I think this year they have allowed for it. RR would not want to lose Jos Buttler like they did last year.

IMO, RCB should have ignored Umesh Yadav and made an outrageous offer for the Bum. Probably the best limited overs bowler in the world. certainly the best death bowler.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

IPL 2019

Postby Going South » Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:58 pm

Come on. That’s just one match bad performance on a low score contest and you take swords out on poor umesh. Considering the alternatives out there having umesh is sure a plus. Many teams would give arm and leg for umesh as he is INDIAN so that a precious foreigner spot is also saved. I bet that umesh would be one of top 5 Indian bowlers of IPL, and that is a plus considering 8 other teams.

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:13 am

where is IPL thread for live matches?
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:15 am

skysports will not Showing IPL 2019 IN over -seas country
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:21 pm

Going South wrote:Come on. That’s just one match bad performance on a low score contest and you take swords out on poor Umesh.
Don't get me wrong; I like Umesh Yadav but I think he is being forced (including by himself subconsciously) into the limited overs format. He is one of the best pace bowlers India has produced for conventional Test matches where attacking fields are set and rules are more flexible. With ODIs and T20s, he is effective in the beginning with many close catchers but time and again has come cropper at the death. He practically lost the ODI against Oz in that final over after the Bum had produced a magical penultimate over.

IMO, there are 2 players which any IPL team should go all out for and would be worth the money. One is Jos Buttler and the other the Bum.

The odd thing is that I can't stand the Bum (or anyone else) in those Mumbai Indians blues; but I think he is great when he wears the lighter shade of the national blues.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Bum is amazeballs - esp in limited overs.

I got in trbl a year ago for saying Buttler was amazeballs... now everyone wants a slivce of that cake after laughing... My slice is bigger - I'll leave some crumbs... But the lion's share is mine...

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:29 pm

You are not alone. Nobody likes mumbai Indians team. Nothing personal against the players but the organization make the. Look bad and everyone hate them.

MUMBAI INDIANS are NFL equivalent of Patriots team for IPL.

they win games, but entire cricket world outside of Mumbai cheer for any team that play against them.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:34 pm

Paddles wrote:Bum is amazeballs - esp in limited overs.

I got in trbl a year ago for saying Buttler was amazeballs... now everyone wants a slivce of that cake after laughing... My slice is bigger - I'll leave some crumbs... But the lion's share is mine...

You are right on both counts.
I support any fan who stick to their fav players rain or shine even if it is VVS layman in limited overs. ;)
Can you list your fav current players for the record ?

We can start a thread!

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:44 pm

News is that ABD has hurt his back and pulled out of PPL to go back to South Africa for treatment. if this is just an excuse for being ideally fit for IPL, I would not mind in the slightest but what I don't want is for him to be really injured.

Also, I wonder why no one chose James Neesham? He seems an ideal IPL prospect.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:52 pm

I like all the players who do the exceptional.

Bumrah started as a death bowling sensation, but has come to be so much more.

Buttler started as a destructive batsman, but has come to be so incredibly consistent.

I really liked the Fizz - but he has struggled outside Asia.

I really liked Watto from Australia, this he's very underrated in limited overs. I enjoy watching Stoinis play from Australia too. And I like to watch James Pattinson play.

Last year I enjoyed watching S Curran in tests but I think his bowling is limited in utility to England's clouds, and love following the rapid improvement that the WI team is making in all formats. I follow S Hope, Holder, Hetmeyer, Gabriel, Cornwall (domestic only), DM Bravo with interest. I do not know what to make of Hetmeyer, he certainly entertains, but whether he is a slogger or a great batsman, I am yet to work out to be honest.

I am a huge fan of the England ODI team, I just simply love the way they play, and love watching Rohit and Virat bat for India. I like Krunal Pandya and Kuldeep too. Shami and Ishant's improvement has been nice to watch as well.

Bang have talents like Tamim, Shakib and Mushfiqur, SL have Perera and T Perera. SA - love watching Steyn, Rabada and Ngidi. I follow de Kock's career closely. Pak - I follow Shadhab and Abbas closely. Afg, its the usual suspects of course, Rashid, Mudjeeb, Nabi and Shezhad.

I like a lot of players, in a host of formats, for a lot of reasons. Chris Woakes with the bat is a particular favourite of mine. Boult and KW's fielding is something else to behold.

HAHA!

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:17 pm

Paddles wrote:I am a huge fan of the England ODI team
I realise that this is not really relevant to IPL but felt compelled to respond. I am an Indian living in the UK and so get a lot of exposure to the English cricket players. Character wise, they are a very mixed bunch, much more so than what we see in India. On one hand you have decent, likeable guys like Buttler and Root but on the other side are surly yobs like Stokes and Bairstow. It is because of the latter kind that I never got around to supporting ANY England cricket team despite living here for 34 years.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:26 pm

Don’t forget that In the absence of Warner KW picked it up and made it count in an amazing way.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:19 am

Daanav wrote:
Paddles wrote:I am a huge fan of the England ODI team
I realise that this is not really relevant to IPL but felt compelled to respond. I am an Indian living in the UK and so get a lot of exposure to the English cricket players. Character wise, they are a very mixed bunch, much more so than what we see in India. On one hand you have decent, likeable guys like Buttler and Root but on the other side are surly yobs like Stokes and Bairstow. It is because of the latter kind that I never got around to supporting ANY England cricket team despite living here for 34 years.

Wow, Bairstow a yob? For a friendly headbutt in Australia? That's a big call.

Look - I don't read the gossip mags, or the player and WAG interviews. I don't watch them do their media outside of cricket. I have very little feel on any and all of them as human beings.

But as a cricket team, the playing style they play, of constant hitting, their selection basis of batting deep and allrounders - I like that. I like watching these guys on tv. I don't care to know about them as human beings. Like I didn't care to know about Hardik and Krunal on some show all that much.

HAHA!

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:22 am

Going South wrote:Don’t forget that In the absence of Warner KW picked it up and made it count in an amazing way.

Warner won't be captain after sandpaper gate. He's still banned from captaincy roles by CA, so any NOC from CA to play in the IPL will have that stipulation.

It will be Captain Kane.

HAHA!

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:59 am

I will say this, I think there is a genuine rivalry forming in cricket, and its in the least expected format.

For years India has tried to make a rivalry with England and Australia, but it's fallen deaf on English and Aus fans who only cared about the Ashes.

Of course India v Pakistan shuts the two nations down when it happens, but its so rare and few inbetween - and limited to World and Asia Cups.

But I think there is a genuine rivalry starting to emerge between England and India ODI fans. The English are really getting into ODI cricket now, because their team is winning and playing it in the most extravagant manner that the game has ever been played in. And the team closest to them is India. These 2 are pulling away from the pack, as SA, Pak, Aus and NZ just seem to be missing certain ingredients to total team success.

England vs India should be a huge game at this world cup. Eagerly awaited I am sure.

HAHA!

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:11 am

Paddles wrote:Wow, Bairstow a yob? For a friendly headbutt in Australia? That's a big call.

Look - I don't read the gossip mags, or the player and WAG interviews. I don't watch them do their media outside of cricket. I have very little feel on any and all of them as human beings.

But as a cricket team, the playing style they play, of constant hitting, their selection basis of batting deep and allrounders - I like that. I like watching these guys on tv. I don't care to know about them as human beings. Like I didn't care to know about Hardik and Krunal on some show all that much.
I did not mean about that headbutting incident but the general demeanour while playing. I can't stand watching the England cricket team play. Buttler apart, there is something utterly soulless about the team members which no amount of hitting or aggression can cover-up. That is the main reason why the overwhelming majority of Indians living in the UK support India although most of them do so instinctively without explaining their preferences even to themselves.

For the record, I never read gossip mags, tabloids or watch player interviews either.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:41 am

Daanav wrote:
Paddles wrote:Wow, Bairstow a yob? For a friendly headbutt in Australia? That's a big call.

I did not mean about that headbutting incident but the general demeanour while playing. I can't stand watching the England cricket team play. Buttler apart, there is something utterly soulless about the team members which no amount of hitting or aggression can cover-up. That is the main reason why the overwhelming majority of Indians living in the UK support India although most of them do so instinctively without explaining their preferences even to themselves.

For the record, I never read gossip mags, tabloids or watch player interviews either.

Wow. On field? You must loathe Kohli then. Standing there and swearing and carrying on. And this whole bat talking then when he gets a 100. I actually met an Indian gentleman who stopped watching because of Kohli.

Personally I don't like the filth sledging of Warner and Haddin types. I like Kohli, but that's because I don't speak hindi. I like'd his drop mic celebration after Root, I thought that was marvellous. Of course I'm a kiwi, so I know only my team plays cricket in the right spirit, and the rest of the intl teams behave like rabid dogs that are rude and anti-social.

Jimmy Anderson used to be poor on the field. I've never noticed Bairstow misbehave. I find India fine when playing NZ, but very fiery against everyone else. Same with SA. Basically the only team that still fires up playing NZ is Aus. They cannot help but fire up even playing the politest bambi's in NZ.

I loathe Hasan Ali's celebration for Pakistan. Ugh - I loathe that dance. I like the WI funny celebrations though. Sarfaraz gets moody and sulky.

Why can't you all just play nice and polite like NZ?

HAHA!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:37 pm

English are proven snobs. They suffer from superiority complex over all other common wealth teams and it shows on player behavior.

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:02 pm

Going South wrote:English are proven snobs. They suffer from superiority complex over all other common wealth teams and it shows on player behavior.
That is true. There is always some sort of excuse why England did not win a particular match, never acknowledge wholeheartedly that the opposition was a better team on the day.

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:53 pm

Are you bhuvi supporters in IPL? he is thinking to take rest in second half of IPL 2019
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:15 pm

HAHA!

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:26 pm

Rajasthan Royals picked up Ashton Turner.
Suddenly they must be feeling much better. :-)

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:27 pm

Isn't CSK a bit on the geriatric side? Dhoni, Tahir, Watson, Bhajji and Bravo all over 35. Tahir'll be 40 later this year, if I am not mistaken.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:12 pm

Daanav wrote:Isn't CSK a bit on the geriatric side? Dhoni, Tahir, Watson, Bhajji and Bravo all over 35. Tahir'll be 40 later this year, if I am not mistaken.

They were all old last year too and won it. Unfortunately with huge career talents like these - you're kinda stuck with them until they finally have age catch up with them and hope its staggered, and they don't all get too old at once.

HAHA!

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:05 pm

Paddles wrote:
Daanav wrote:Isn't CSK a bit on the geriatric side? Dhoni, Tahir, Watson, Bhajji and Bravo all over 35. Tahir'll be 40 later this year, if I am not mistaken.

They were all old last year too and won it.
I know that they did but in this sort of game, each passing year matters. Take Tahir for example; I know he looks - and probably is - fit for his age but the fact remains that he is in his 40th year and cannot keep pushing at the same level. Bhaji is more than starting to show his age, as are Watson and Bravo. Dhoni might wear his nonchalant expression all the time, but whether he likes it or not, he too is getting on. The problem is that time stops for no one.

CSK have to think of their fielding - very important in the T20 format - if they are playing 4 or even all 5 of those older guys.

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:49 pm

raja wrote:Rajasthan Royals picked up Ashton Turner.

Suddenly they must be feeling much better. :-)

Old news
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:57 am

i wish IPL live matches only post in LIVE FORUM

than current IPL 2019 because its hidden plus
not good for RF.Anyway we have 7 odd thread on live games some jan / feb or before should go.

BCCI announced limited schedule of matches but more should announces by sunday as election schedule announced by Kendra sarkar.BCCI do not wants certain matches at the same cities where about Election will take place.

Govenment wants IPL in other country but ICC
wants big bucks from india
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:08 am

overseas players enjoyed good weather in india now because untill last year at this time of year
temp 42+ but now its very low under 35

Atul might tell me if i am wrong on march 23 but right now snow in utterakhand so we gets comfortable weather plus all those 2 matches a day game timing changed from 2 pm to 4 pm
which will be far better.
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:52 pm

Daanav wrote:
Paddles wrote:
They were all old last year too and won it.
I know that they did but in this sort of game, each passing year matters. Take Tahir for example; I know he looks - and probably is - fit for his age but the fact remains that he is in his 40th year and cannot keep pushing at the same level. Bhaji is more than starting to show his age, as are Watson and Bravo. Dhoni might wear his nonchalant expression all the time, but whether he likes it or not, he too is getting on. The problem is that time stops for no one.

CSK have to think of their fielding - very important in the T20 format - if they are playing 4 or even all 5 of those older guys.

Yips - their fielding isn't the best, but with;

Watson, Faf, Santner, Bravo, Ngidi, Willey - how many games will Tahir play? Dhoni's still slick with the gloves. His lack of boundary hitting since the last IPL is a bigger concern. As is Watson no longer bowling, and whether he has another season of big runs in him.

1 Watson 2 Rayudu 3 Raina 4 Faf 5 Dhoni + 6 Jadhav - as a run base has been very stable. Watto and Dhoni delivered for 'em last year. They may not this year. But who knows?

7 Bravo 8 Jadeja - real strength here to fielding, batting and bowling.

9 10 11

1 of Ngidi, Willey, Tahir or Santner.

I don't see Tahir playing much.

CSK and Mumbai buy Indian batting and all-round talent. That is why their team is balanced. SRH buy Indian seamers, and it allows them to use Rashid and import batting talent with Shakib.

RCB clearly buy batting power, domestic or foreign. And the rest of the teams often just look thrown together with leftovers.

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:07 am

IPL 2019 prediction thread opened between
Archives and Ancient thread.Click and selects
your hero as well as winnig team on daily bases.
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

Daanav
CF Senior
CF Senior
United Kingdom

Postby Daanav » Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:58 am

Paddles wrote:RCB clearly buy batting power, domestic or foreign. And the rest of the teams often just look thrown together with leftovers.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Just like previous seasons, RCB's death bowling is all but non-existent.

-NCN has been bowling reasonably well and so ne might do. But how good is he going to be in the last few overs of the opponent's innings?
-Umesh Yadav good with the newer ball at the start of an innings. He is an aggressive, wicket-taking bowler and cannot manage defensive bowling at the death.
-I did not rate this Khejroliya chap last time and he did not deliver. I cannot imagine he'll be any better this time around.
- Siraj is going to bear the burden of death bowling; with SRH he blew hot and cold in that role.
- Stoinis or CGH are not going to do anything big with the ball.
-This Shivam Dube, what's he like? Never heard of him.

Sadly, it looks like RCB will concede 50 to 70 runs in the last 5 overs on a regular basis. :oops:

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:26 pm

Sorry Bolero

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/1 ... e-capitals

Nagarkoti too -very popular
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST

givemeahug786
CF Senior
CF Senior
Kenya

Postby givemeahug786 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:30 pm

Daanav wrote:
Paddles wrote:RCB clearly buy batting power, domestic or foreign. And the rest of the teams often just look thrown together with leftovers.

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Just like previous seasons, RCB's death bowling

-NCN has been bowling reasonably well and so ne might do. But how good is he going to be in the last few overs of the opponent's innings?
-Umesh Yadav good with the newer ball at the start of an innings. He is an aggressive, wicket-taking bowler and cannot manage defensive bowling at the death.
-I did not rate this Khejroliya chap last time and he did not deliver. I cannot imagine he'll be any better this time around.
- Siraj is going to bear the burden of death bowling; with SRH he blew hot and cold in that role.
- Stoinis or CGH are not going to do anything big with the ball.
-This Shivam Dube, what's he like? Never heard of him.

Sadly, it looks like RCB will concede 50 to 70 runs in the last 5 overs on a regular basis. :oops:

Shivam is too good as allrounder
Sold over 7-10 crore.From mumbai
Latest on Election india

BJP 144
Congress 59

8.36 am IST