Which Pandya?

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
Daanav
CF Regular
CF Regular
Cash on hand: Locked
United Kingdom

Which Pandya?

Postby Daanav » Fri May 11, 2018 8:19 pm

Imagine you are the supreme commander of an IPL team other than Mumbai Indians and was asked to go all out to steal one of the Pandya brothers into your team, which one would you go for? Assume that your choice would come through, no matter what.

Me, I would go for Krunal Pandya. I think he is more gutsy than his kid brother and less likely to panic in a tight situation.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Re: Which Pandya?

Postby Going South » Fri May 11, 2018 9:46 pm

both are over hyped. until they shine over good opposition i reserve my judgement.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked

Postby Paddles » Sat May 12, 2018 2:49 am

Daanav wrote:Imagine you are the supreme commander of an IPL team other than Mumbai Indians and was asked to go all out to steal one of the Pandya brothers into your team, which one would you go for? Assume that your choice would come through, no matter what.

Me, I would go for Krunal Pandya. I think he is more gutsy than his kid brother and less likely to panic in a tight situation.

For an IPL team, I would definitely want Krunal cos of his spin bowling option.

I may take Krunal even in NZ, Eng or SA but Hardik definitely comes into the equation stronger outside of IPL.

Krunal has impressed me since 2016 IPL and more than missed a fair chance at India selection. He should have played by now.
Law 31.6 - benefit of the doubt for an dismissal appeal goes to the batsman
A third umpire call for a run out or stumping is a referral, not a review.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat May 12, 2018 3:30 am

Agree with Paddles.

Krunal has impressed me too since 2016 - I distinctly remember a game against RCB when MI were in tatters (5 down for next to nothing) and Krunal (and I think Pollard) turned it around for them. He's got a good head on his shoulders, I'd happily pick him in a BCCI team (any format) before Jadeja and Axar Patel.
Or, for that matter, Washington Sundar.

Having said that, I'd still pick Hardik before him - I think he's got far more potential than has been exploited so far.