Big Bats Big Complaints

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Big Bats Big Complaints

Postby Paddles » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:04 am

So I was just randomly watching a cricket video as I do, a Sanath Jayasuriya 100 made at the SCG in 2003.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty-CjKXqJlk

At the 0:48 mark, Jayasuriya inside edges a ball low on the bat, that flies over the infield at cover for 4 despite the bat spinning and turning in his hand due to the impact.

And at the 1:30 mark, Jayasuriya top edges a wide ball from Watson, delivered at the express pace of 130.7km/h at the SCG, with the rope back, over a leaping fieldsman, and hits the energiser sign on the full for 6 over third man.

I wasn't looking for these examples. I just regularly read so many big bat tall tales that seem to rewrite what really happened with the bats of yesterday with batsman who actually swung the willow..

Warning: not a particularly great 100 from Jayasuriya, and some awful fielding by the Aussies appear in this video. Hogg has a Jayasuriya cut shot edge at deep gully go straight through him off Watson's bowling, Bevan drops a sitter, and has a moment of comical out fielding.
Law 31.6 - benefit of the doubt for an dismissal appeal goes to the batsman
A third umpire call for a run out or stumping is a referral, not a review.