Adelaide Oval - a new legacy?

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Adelaide Oval - a new legacy?

Postby Paddles » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:37 am

Martin Crowe famously coined that there were three certainties in life;

Death,
Taxes,
and a hundred at Adelaide.

Adelaide has been a graveyard for many a bowler throughout the years*, even Wasim Akram has a test century at Adelaide.

So having crafted this reputation over the years, now that Adelaide seeks to redefine itself with a whole new spectacle each summer of a day/night test, where the ball has been moving more sharply and grass has been kept on the pitch to keep the pink ball's lacquer protected, one session out of three, has seen wickets tumble in the tests of South Africa and NZ in the two years previous.

Adelaide has become the venue that the swing and seam bowlers, both touring and local, have been licking their lips to get to, for a shot at bowling in the evening session.

So a new chapter appears imminent for the history of Adelaide oval?

*Unless teams declare too early
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Re: Adelaide Oval - a new legacy?

Postby raja » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:41 am

This plays right into the hands of England.
They have the far superior swing / seam attack.
Adelaide was my one hope of Australia avoiding a 0-5 defeat, now even that slim hope is gone. :(

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Re: Adelaide Oval - a new legacy?

Postby Katto » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

if pink ball tests are only going to last 3 days then I'd call the experiment a massive failure