Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
User avatar
Bhumin
CF Regular
CF Regular
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:41 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Andorra

Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Bhumin » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:41 am

Australian Hastings Retire from One day and FC cricket
See cricbuzz for RF
NZ batted 27 overs for their 26 (WR in Tests) all out in 1955

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4129
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Paddles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:46 pm

The Duke was a better than average substitute bowler in ODI for the rested test stars. I remember when Straya rolled out a terrible bowling attack by resting the test players and Kohli went on an average inflathon, but Hastings was gritty and a class above despite his weak domestic class team mates and Aus won the series comfortably (2016/16). But obviously not a top drawer player for Australia.

Scored a fabulous match winning fighting knock in the Wellington Chappel Hadlee match in 2016 when the game looked game set and match over for Straya. Great competitor.
Law 31.6 - benefit of the doubt for an dismissal appeal goes to the batsman
A third umpire call for a run out or stumping is a referral, not a review.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4129
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Paddles » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:53 pm

For anyone that still wants to compare Viv Richards to Kohli - just look at these scorecards:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

J Paris?

S Boland?

K Richardson?

Johnson retired earlier in the summer, and Rhino (Ryan Harris) in the winter before, but Haze only 1 match. No Starc. No Pattinson. No Cummins. No NCN. Heck at least send out Doug the Rug and McKay. No need to fuel the JAMODI-test-cricket-is-the-only-cricket to this extent.

Seriously.
Law 31.6 - benefit of the doubt for an dismissal appeal goes to the batsman
A third umpire call for a run out or stumping is a referral, not a review.

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 14794
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Katto » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:11 am

Boland was the worst. They kept picking him for some reason.

the other two are younger players still developing. Richardson is turning into a decent death bowler.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:26 am

There are Australian fast bowlers who do well at home and there are the pace bowlers who also do well away from home.

NCN has now in the category who performs well away along with Cummins. Brett Lee was another hard trier. Dizzy Gillespie had a better record than McGrath in India.

Then there were bowlers like Mike Whitney who were good in Australian conditions, not necessarily abroad. Bruce Reid was decent in all conditions.

Again, have not checked Merv Hughes record away from home.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:29 am

Pattinson is highly injury prone. He is just like Zaheer Khan, keeps getting injured often.

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 14794
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Katto » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:39 am

bolero wrote:There are Australian fast bowlers who do well at home and there are the pace bowlers who also do well away from home.

NCN has now in the category who performs well away along with Cummins. Brett Lee was another hard trier. Dizzy Gillespie had a better record than McGrath in India.

Then there were bowlers like Mike Whitney who were good in Australian conditions, not necessarily abroad. Bruce Reid was decent in all conditions.

Again, have not checked Merv Hughes record away from home.


Bruce Reid had trouble with left handers.

Hughes was excellent in England.
Mike Whitney was unlucky not to get selected when he was in the best form of his career.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:01 am

I still remember the 1992 Perth test - India V/s Australia. Whitney was devastating.

Tendulkar scored a century, it was a bouncy Perth wicket and I rate it one of Tendulkar's best Test centuries.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1652 ... st-series/

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27929
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby raja » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 am

I liked Hilfenhaus too, especially after BCCI toured Australia in 2011. :-)
He took 27 wickets in those 4 Tests, many of them top-order batsmen.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:13 am

bolero wrote:I still remember the 1992 Perth test - India V/s Australia. Whitney was devastating.

Tendulkar scored a century, it was a bouncy Perth wicket and I rate it one of Tendulkar's best Test centuries.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1652 ... st-series/


That series Craig Mcdermott was superb. With sun cream smeared all over he looked menacing. He was ably supported by Merv Hughes and Mike Whitney.

Indian batting collapsed like nine pins led by Azharuddin, who had a pathetic record on bouncy pitches (was out fishing outside off stump repeatedly).

It was the farewell swansong series for the old guard - Srikkanth, Shastri, Vengsarkar, Kapil Dev. It saw the emergence of J Srinath as a wiry fast bowler who bowled at express pace and also cemented Tendulkar's reputation as a young talent who had could lead the Indian batting attack.

The series was mired in controversy when the Aussie media piled on Manoj Prabhakar for ball tampering.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:41 am

Whitney still savours Tendulkar's wicket during 1991-92 tour

For former Australia fast bowler Mike Whitney, dismissing Sachin Tendulkar twice during the iconic Indian batsman's debut tour Down Under in 1991-92 remains the happiest moment of his short 12-Test career.

"The bloke (Tendulkar) has more than 15,000 Test runs... to have Tendulkar on my list of Test wickets - I'm pretty happy about that," said Whitney, who claimed Tendulkar's wicket twice in that series, which Australia won 4-0.

Whitney, who finished his career with 39 Test wickets, first tasted success against Tendulkar in the opening Test match in Brisbane when he dismissed the champion batsman for 16.

"I bowled him an in-swinging yorker after he smashed me through the covers," he recollects.

"He came with a bit of a reputation, being so young, and what I remember about him clearly was he was wearing these all-in-one pads that I think Sunny Gavaskar had given to him," he said.

Asked about India's 1991-92 tour of Australia, one thing which immediately comes to Whitney's mind is Tendulkar's brilliant 148 in the Sydney Test, when Shane Warne had made his debut.

"I remember that game because I was picked as 12th man, and Bruce Reid bowled about half-a-dozen overs and broke down," said Whitney, a fast bowler-turned-television personality.

"I had to field, and Tendulkar got 148 and Ravi Shastri got 206. I just remember chasing the ball from one end of the SCG to the other, and being very frustrated that I couldn't bowl, couldn't bat, couldn't take any other part in the game than chasing leather."

Then an 18-year-old, Tendulkar left such an impression on Whitney during his first Australia tour that the former left-arm pacer still remembers the three-day match in which the champion Indian batsman scored 82 in team's first innings score of 209.

"It was pretty much a greentop. I think I took six-for in the second innings. The ball was seaming and swinging everywhere, and (Tendulkar) looked unbelievable that day amongst a collapsing batting line-up," Whitney recollects.

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/report/australia-tour-india-mike-whitney-still-cherises-sachin-tendulkar-wicket/20111224.htm

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:15 am

I liked Terry Alderman too.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:24 am

Mike Whitney was also the co host of the famous adventure series " Who dares wins " along with the lovely Tania Zaetta.

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 14794
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Katto » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:37 am

bolero wrote:Mike Whitney was also the co host of the famous adventure series " Who dares wins " along with the lovely Tania Zaetta.


he was actually more famous for that in Australia than he was for his cricket career

Tania was hot

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 1239
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:28 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Australia

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Mick180461 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 am

Paddles wrote:For anyone that still wants to compare Viv Richards to Kohli - just look at these scorecards:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

J Paris?

S Boland?

K Richardson?

Johnson retired earlier in the summer, and Rhino (Ryan Harris) in the winter before, but Haze only 1 match. No Starc. No Pattinson. No Cummins. No NCN. Heck at least send out Doug the Rug and McKay. No need to fuel the JAMODI-test-cricket-is-the-only-cricket to this extent.

Seriously.

You give Viv Richards todays bats, todays boundary ropes and todays wickets and he would have averaged 60+ in one dayers.

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 14794
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Katto » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:47 am

raja wrote:I liked Hilfenhaus too, especially after BCCI toured Australia in 2011. :-)
He took 27 wickets in those 4 Tests, many of them top-order batsmen.


Hilfi needed favourable conditions otherwise he just didnt have the pace to be a reliable performer.
His partnership with Siddle marks a time in recent history where you felt Australia lacked firepower with the ball.
They were both probably first change bowlers that were in the position of leading the attack.

That period after Lee, Gillespie, McGrath when we were looking for replacements and losing Ashes at home.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:53 am

Katto wrote:
bolero wrote:Mike Whitney was also the co host of the famous adventure series " Who dares wins " along with the lovely Tania Zaetta.


he was actually more famous for that in Australia than he was for his cricket career

Tania was hot


Agree.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:58 am

Mick180461 wrote:
Paddles wrote:For anyone that still wants to compare Viv Richards to Kohli - just look at these scorecards:

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1118 ... di-series/

J Paris?

S Boland?

K Richardson?

Johnson retired earlier in the summer, and Rhino (Ryan Harris) in the winter before, but Haze only 1 match. No Starc. No Pattinson. No Cummins. No NCN. Heck at least send out Doug the Rug and McKay. No need to fuel the JAMODI-test-cricket-is-the-only-cricket to this extent.

Seriously.

You give Viv Richards todays bats, todays boundary ropes and todays wickets and he would have averaged 60+ in one dayers.


TBH, we cant compare Kohli with Richards. Richards was a legend. Imperious.

But Richards also had the benefit of captaining / playing with a side that had the world's deadliest fast bowlers.

Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner, Michael Holding, Pat Patterson. Fearsome.

The Windies decline started after 1989. Curtly Ambrose (the ring a bell bowling action), Courtney Walsh and Ian Bishop were the last of the West Indian bowling greats.

With The windies team of 90's, 2000's and now, Richards would have felt out of place like a fish out of water and his dominant spirit crushed.

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 14794
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Katto » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:09 am

Richards was the greatest I've seen. Could play the short ball, the moving ball. He succeeded in Australia and England.
Kohli's success in Australia has been limited to the more benign surfaces.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:18 am

Richards ' bogeyman was Ravi Shastri and his slow left arm spin.

Saw him get out stumped at least twice to the loop slow tossed up deliveries of Shastri.

It was irritating because I never rated Shastri as a bowler or a batsman. He was a big show off.

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 14794
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Katto » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:20 am

bolero wrote:Richards ' bogeyman was Ravi Shastri and his slow left arm spin.

Saw him get out stumped at least twice to the loop slow tossed up deliveries of Shastri.

It was irritating because I never rated Shastri as a bowler or a batsman. He was a big show off.


Shastri was an enigma :lol:

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:38 am

Katto wrote:
bolero wrote:Richards ' bogeyman was Ravi Shastri and his slow left arm spin.

Saw him get out stumped at least twice to the loop slow tossed up deliveries of Shastri.

It was irritating because I never rated Shastri as a bowler or a batsman. He was a big show off.


Shastri was an enigma :lol:


Absolutely.

The guy has seen it all, hero one time, villain the next.

There was a time when he hit six sixes an over, won the Benson Hedges Audi and the Rothmans Cup and was on top of the world.

He was reviled as a villain with his slow batting in 1990 odd , his effigies burnt and posters hit with slippers which hastened his retirement.

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27929
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby raja » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:44 am

I remember watching a Test match at the Kotla, Delhi.
India vs England 1981-82 series.
It was a dreary series anyway, with slow and boring batting.
I remember the crowd was so pissed off with Shastri's slow batting that when there was an appeal (I think it was Willis bowling) the crowd joined enthusiastically in the appeal. :grin:
They were disappointed when it was ruled in favour of Shastri. :grin:
Mind you, those were still early days for Shastri - so I thought it was a bit harsh.

We need to realise that Shastri started his career as a pure bowler - and was picked in the side for that alone.
(I remember he wasn't in the original squad to tour NZ. But then someone got injured or something, so he was called as a last-minute replacement to join the touring party. He was barely 18 then, I think. Did well on debut, picking up 3 wickets in each innings (albeit most of them late-order wickets).

At that time, since Gavaskar was ruling king - and used to be accused of favouring Bombay cricketers, it was felt that Shastri was one of his favoured boys. I had only vaguely heard of him at that time, to be honest.

That he worked his way up the batting order, from no.11 to the middle order to then open the innings, is remarkable.

In a sense, Shastri was much like Ken Barrington. Wally Grout, legendary Aussie wicketkeeper, is supposed to have famously said that when Barrington walked to the crease, it was like the Union Jack was trailing behind him. With Shastri it felt a bit like that.

He was a fighter to the core - and for that, despite everything that's annoying about him since his retirement, I have to give him credit for his contribution during his playing days. He wasn't the most talented, but he more than made up for that with his grit.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4129
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby Paddles » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:04 pm

bolero wrote:
Mick180461 wrote:You give Viv Richards todays bats, todays boundary ropes and todays wickets and he would have averaged 60+ in one dayers.


TBH, we cant compare Kohli with Richards. Richards was a legend. Imperious.

But Richards also had the benefit of captaining / playing with a side that had the world's deadliest fast bowlers.

Malcolm Marshall, Joel Garner, Michael Holding, Pat Patterson. Fearsome.

The Windies decline started after 1989. Curtly Ambrose (the ring a bell bowling action), Courtney Walsh and Ian Bishop were the last of the West Indian bowling greats.

With The windies team of 90's, 2000's and now, Richards would have felt out of place like a fish out of water and his dominant spirit crushed.


Those bowlers did little to make Gus Logie look good against Akram, Khan, Lille, Hogg, Pascoe, Thomson, Henry, McDermott, Hadlee, Chatfield, Willis, Botham, Foster, Dilley, Rackemann, Dev... It seems you missed my point - for clarity in Viv's day people played their best bowlers in ODI cos there was much less cricket played around the world, and less minnows getting less WI games! And a windies tour was cherished and celebrated - noone would dare roll out a 2nd or 3rd string seam attack for an entire series, if any games at all. In todays world - its far far more common and batsmen are cashing in. NZ do it. Safrica do it. Eng do it. Aus do it.Or have you not noticed by now?

Mick - I don't buy the big bats argument. Now they're small again - people like myself, scientists bat makers and cricketers like Ponting look forward to being proven right. The scoop technology which widens the sweet spot has been available since the Chappels! So the oldie commentators will need to focus on pitches and boundary ropes for why they didn't learn to range hit like Kluesner in the 80s or 90s (Pontins own view is Kluesner in 99WC changed odi cricket when teams became of his training outdide of the nets, in the middle of the ground, to clear the ropes; this is now a common and widely used practice/training. Although NZ rugby grounds have always had small boundaries and scores were still lower than today. But pitches and ball laws are definitely having an impact on bigger scores. A smaller ground makes a bigger score easier to achieve - but the difference is the aggressive (at times aerial) approach before the 48th over is now encouraged and not scoulded for as it was in the ol' days.
Law 31.6 - benefit of the doubt for an dismissal appeal goes to the batsman
A third umpire call for a run out or stumping is a referral, not a review.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Since we are talking about Shastri, he had the image if a Casanova. He had a well publicized affair with Amrita Singh , about the same time Viv Richards had an affair with Neena Gupta.

DarkMoon
CF Regular
CF Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:43 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
New Zealand

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby DarkMoon » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:10 pm

Mike Brearley's affair starts with Mana Sarabhai in india,Sarabhai hired Poet to teach Mike Gujarati for four years, G.Turner too had Affair with Sukhvinder Kaur in NZ
Oct.10,'17 : Ind & Pak beaten in Int'L same day.

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4337
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:17 pm

raja wrote:I remember watching a Test match at the Kotla, Delhi.
India vs England 1981-82 series.
It was a dreary series anyway, with slow and boring batting.
I remember the crowd was so pissed off with Shastri's slow batting that when there was an appeal (I think it was Willis bowling) the crowd joined enthusiastically in the appeal. :grin:
They were disappointed when it was ruled in favour of Shastri. :grin:
Mind you, those were still early days for Shastri - so I thought it was a bit harsh.

We need to realise that Shastri started his career as a pure bowler - and was picked in the side for that alone.
(I remember he wasn't in the original squad to tour NZ. But then someone got injured or something, so he was called as a last-minute replacement to join the touring party. He was barely 18 then, I think. Did well on debut, picking up 3 wickets in each innings (albeit most of them late-order wickets).

At that time, since Gavaskar was ruling king - and used to be accused of favouring Bombay cricketers, it was felt that Shastri was one of his favoured boys. I had only vaguely heard of him at that time, to be honest.

That he worked his way up the batting order, from no.11 to the middle order to then open the innings, is remarkable.

In a sense, Shastri was much like Ken Barrington. Wally Grout, legendary Aussie wicketkeeper, is supposed to have famously said that when Barrington walked to the crease, it was like the Union Jack was trailing behind him. With Shastri it felt a bit like that.

He was a fighter to the core - and for that, despite everything that's annoying about him since his retirement, I have to give him credit for his contribution during his playing days. He wasn't the most talented, but he more than made up for that with his grit.


Yes, I remember the Shastri Hai Hai chorus from the crowd.

DarkMoon
CF Regular
CF Regular
Posts: 60
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:43 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
New Zealand

Re: Australian Fast bowler Retire from ODI

Postby DarkMoon » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:00 pm

I know him since he took 6 wickets on début in NZ, Home team were 98 for 6,Ravi was given bowling, he skilled out last 3 for zero.he was batted 70 minutes vs Richard Hadlee when Vishy, Sunny,patil,vengsarkar out cheaply.Despite wonderful bowling by Ravi, India lost test.

I think he holds one amazing test record -Bats for India at all batting Position, from number one to number 11.

His six sixes in one over now history besides his winning Audi in Australia with his all round performances.
Oct.10,'17 : Ind & Pak beaten in Int'L same day.