Dravid all praise for Pandya

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Cash on hand: Locked
Pakistan

Postby raja » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:09 am

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/c ... 63072.html

"Tomorrow, he may bat at 80 for 4, like he did in the first ODI with Dhoni. That shows maturity and that's what you want to see. This concept of 'play your natural game', which I hear all the time, frustrates me because there's no such thing in my belief as 'natural game'."

Your thoughts? Do you agree / disagree with Dravid's view on "natural game"?

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:14 am

raja wrote:
http://www.newindianexpress.com/sport/c ... 63072.html

"Tomorrow, he may bat at 80 for 4, like he did in the first ODI with Dhoni. That shows maturity and that's what you want to see. This concept of 'play your natural game', which I hear all the time, frustrates me because there's no such thing in my belief as 'natural game'."

Your thoughts? Do you agree / disagree with Dravid's view on "natural game"?

I do agree. Its a worn out cliche. It's just an excuse for playing without responsibility and f**king up a lot without consequences to selection.
Someone like Glenn Maxwell subscribes to this theory and how's that working out for you Maxi?

Adaptation is an underrated virtue.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Re: Dravid all praise for Pandya

Postby Going South » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:28 pm

I don’t agree on this “play your natural game BS”.
Cricket is a dynamically changing game. A player need to play according to the game situation.

You don’t attempt to hit 6 sixers off the very first over.
You don’t attempt to “rotate the strike” on the very last over when your team is batting first.
You don’t play defensive game when you are 209/0 in 45 overs in a one day game.
You don’t play aggressive game when your team is 15/5 in 3 overs.
You don’t always get time to get that bad ball to punish. It may never come if the team you face is a good team.

Whatever be your natural game is, you got to take a chill pill and be open to adopt to the game situation. You need to try beyond your natural capabilities. Perform or perish is the mantra for cricket.