Amla scores 100s in a losing clause

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Zimbabwe

Re: Amla scores 100s in a losing clause

Postby Misty » Tue May 09, 2017 12:47 am

KXLP MUST -WIN for next 3 games,i wish AMLA convert 3 sets of 100 each with victory to their side.
Game today at road @Mohali yet another Amla century on card.I will watch that game because you feel you watch 2016 IPL with plenty of runs in 40 overs if venue at Rajkot/Mohali.

Other day 388 were scored @Mohali
Gooch starts his test career with test ducks Finish career with 8900 test runs

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Amla scores 100s in a losing clause

Postby Paddles » Tue May 09, 2017 1:29 am

Going South wrote:Ok paddles. Let's go and read your own posts for past 2 months and you might find that ALL YOUR POSTS either try to argue nitpicking someone else's posts or defend your previous arguments. You never post something that celebrate a live game comment. I have not seen you agree to someone else's view point or say something positive in praise for a good opinion. You never say you were wrong, ever. Hence my comment on proof that you are obsessed.

Obsessed with what?

In this thread alone I praise Raja for finding a factual gem in his opinion. I disagree with his opinion re: Tendulkar's standing as an ODI player for his overall career. But I still praised his factual find for the formulation thereof and his further arguments, which may or may not have merit. I certainly agree with him that slow hundreds can be a losing hinderance for teams. From reading this forum, you'll see that Raja and I agree on a lot of things, and regularly differ on certain things as well.

But what you don't seem to grasp, a forum is a place for an expression of ideas and opinions as well as lighter conversing communication. If someone makes a point, someone else merely saying that they agree with the point, does not add any weight to the original point. Someone else praising the point, still does not add any further weight to it. It is either a good point, or its not. For an argument to be good and valid, it doesn't matter what the majority think, it doesn't matter what one person says and their sycophantic friends support with no independent thinking; unless there is a vote on it for an administratively expedient solution or a consensus on what is not in dispute is being sought for a particular purpose. To think otherwise is a fallacy: argumentum ad populum.

Again, you seem far too preoccupied with what you think you know about me as a poster, leaping to some conclusions of obsession through some unqualified psycho-analysis of a small sample of posts that you have not accurately analysed, and not on the content of each of my posts themselves. You're far too much concerned about the person, and not the logical reasoning contained in the argument. This will danger you to make further ad hominem in personam fallacies. Further, you are in danger of not remaining impartial and objectively critical in your reasoning when your focus is on the person posting, and not the post itself. I post about matters concerning cricket in this thread and at times ask you to clarify your posts meaning because I want to read your argument as you intend. You post about my personality. Your topic of discussion becomes me. By all means dissect my arguments on cricket and more topics on this forum, critically analyse my reasoning and scrutinize my factual basis. I encourage you to do so. But I doubt this forum will grow if the topic of discussion is myself all the time, I'm not that interesting.
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Return to “General Cricket Discussion Forum”