Younis Khan - 10000 Test runs

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Cash on hand: Locked
Pakistan

Younis Khan - 10000 Test runs

Postby raja » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:12 am

Congratulations to Younis Khan for reaching the 10000-run milestone in Tests.

He's been a rock for Pakistan and fully deserves all the accolades he gets.

My mind goes back to his early years in the Pakistan side.

I clearly remember him being discriminated against.

Not sure why, but the powers-that-be tried their best to pull him down. Maybe he didn't fit their mould.

There's an active lobby of UK-based Pakistani agents who arrange lucrative gigs for young Pakistani cricketers.While lesser cricketers got good stints and money, Younis had to be content with playing in league cricket in places like Belfast/Northern Ireland.

But he never complained - he just kept performing.

The sheer strength of his performances brought him back and kept him in the side.

Younis is one of the few Pakistani cricketers to go through this most turbulent period in Pakistan's cricket history and came out untarnished. Maybe it's the Pathan in him that values honour over money, I don't know.

Maybe it's again this quality that made him choose to resign from the captaincy, rather than get involved in conspiracies and intrigue that was invariably a part of Pakistani cricket and its administration.

A gentleman cricketer, in a time when "gentleman" is increasingly becoming a bad word.

Younis has long been my favourite Pakistani cricketer, alongside Misbah.

Am very happy for Younis today, especially since I've followed him from day one, when he made a century on Test debut, batting at No.7.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Re: Younis Khan - 10000 Test runs

Postby Katto » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:52 am

one the redbacks finest products

Fully_Sihk
CF Debutant
Pakistan

Re: Younis Khan - 10000 Test runs

Postby Fully_Sihk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:45 am

Well done Younis, especially great to have beaten Kolhi to the 10k mark, although at this rate Virat is looking like a 6k type of vanilla flog.

Hopefully East Lahore flogs show their applause to Younis given he is probably the finest batting specimen to come out of the sub continent in the last 30 years