If Ishant Sharma wants to salvage anything from his fledgling career he should invest in haircut

This is the forum for discussion of all cricketing issues and news. Here you will find frank analysis and opinion on subjects ranging from selection policies, favourite cricketers and match post-mortems right through to dressing room and cricket board fiascos.
Fully_Sihk
CF Debutant
Cash on hand: Locked
Pakistan

If Ishant Sharma wants to salvage anything from his fledgling career he should invest in haircut

Postby Fully_Sihk » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:28 pm

Salmaam,

While I was watching Lol Sharma get belted for 4-0-58-0 (lel), I couldn't help thinking about a former long-haired legend who had a torrid time until he visited his local hairwallah; Dizzy Gillispie. It wasn't until Dizzy got a short, back and sides did he recapture his form and carted Bangladesh apart like a monkey in a Dhaba.

Now, we all know India's well documented struggles to produce quality fast bowlers. And let's be honest, although statistically the world's worst ever quick bowler, Ishant has been India's best over the last decade. With Australia's recent crackdown on unskilled labor, I worry Ishant won't be granted a visa should he wish to participate in the BBL. However if Ishant wants to salvage anything from his fledgling career he surely should invest in a haircut.

Interested in the thoughts of others?

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Re: If Ishant Sharma wants to salvage anything from his fledgling career he should invest in haircut

Postby Katto » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:58 am

Dizzy started with a pony tail and this was when he had his best first class form that got him selected.

He went downhill when he went with the mullet style. Ishant is past this now. Dont judge pissant on IPL form..its a fast bowlers graveyard

he did okay in the test series

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
Bank: Locked
United Kingdom

Re: If Ishant Sharma wants to salvage anything from his fledgling career he should invest in haircut

Postby Boycs » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:54 pm

I think the thing with ishant, and for once I'll be actually sensible about him, is that he is just good enough to be consistently selected but is among the weakest regular fast bowlers of the last ten years. I think this draws him more amused criticism and piss taking than if he'd been so talentless to have only played two matches before disappearing off into obscurity.

it doesn't help that he looks like an idiot though. About as athletic looking as bob Willis with that stupid hideous hair cut. But I'd forgive that if he was a capable bowler. But at international level he just ain't. Or certainly very rarely

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:15 pm

Sunil narine had a ridiculous haircut but his skills make up for his hair and no one bothers to point it out. He is an all Arounder now. Opener? Wow.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:44 pm

"There's no such thing as bad haircuts, just bad deliveries" - MS Dhoni (former BCCI Team India captain)*

* This is a fictitious quote for humorous purposes and is in no way defammatory
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:31 am

SRT remember him as Funny person in Dressing room.I think Morrison pervert during ipl

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:33 am

Going South wrote:Sunil narine had a ridiculous haircut but his skills make up for his hair and no one bothers to point it out. He is an all Arounder now. Opener? Wow.

Dominates West Indian domestic comps with the ball