Christchurch shooting

hot topics, News & Current affairs discussion forum.
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
India

Re: Christchurch shooting

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:13 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
You don't need to invade and occupy countries anymore. Even the USA is try to stop that mistake. You need to get within missile and airstrike range to make a nation surrender to your demands.

As far as patrolling intl waters go - nuclear subs can pop up anywhere. And China has every right to be intl water as the USA does.

Would there be a response? You really think USA will want to go toe to toe with China? Over NZ? Nah - they'd let NZ go the way of the USSR expansion.

you're more likely to fall to Saudi Arabia than China

China. The middle east fear is solely terrorism related to the West. Al Quada and ISIS are even unable to clear middle eastern regions let alone invade and take over in the Pacific. China may decide it wants an empire at some point. And has the means. So lets hope they can keep feeding themselves and not need our farms.

If anyone guns for the middle east it would be Russia. But they won't because the USA will protect its oil supply. Once the oil has gone, I can see Russia flexing more muscle in the region.

Australia used to be worried about Indonesia. Has that fear now stopped?
Last edited by Paddles on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:19 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:
you're more likely to fall to Saudi Arabia than China

China. The middle east fear is solely terrorism related to the West. Al Quada and ISIS are even unable to clear middle eastern regions let alone invade and take over in the Pacific. China may decide it wants an empire at some point. And has the means.

Libya fell to Al Qaeda thanks to Hillary Clinton (and her associates such as John Podesta who recently visited NZ and advised Jacinda)

Al Qaeda/ISIS took a large part of Iraq before the US changed policy under Trump

they also controlled a large section of Syria until that policy changed

China usually buys their way into countries rather than via military force with exception of Tibet

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
China. The middle east fear is solely terrorism related to the West. Al Quada and ISIS are even unable to clear middle eastern regions let alone invade and take over in the Pacific. China may decide it wants an empire at some point. And has the means.

Libya fell to Al Qaeda thanks to Hillary Clinton (and her associates such as John Podesta who recently visited NZ and advised Jacinda)

Al Qaeda/ISIS took a large part of Iraq before the US changed policy under Trump

China usually buys their way into countries rather than via military force with exception of Tibet

The buying in and the profits have seen them grow their military strength. They used to be a military rabble. Japan took massive regions out in WW2 very swiftly despite China already being at Civil War with itself with huge numbers of troops and weapons in an allied counter-force.

China's military strength will just get stronger and stronger. Strength is measured in nuclear Air Craft Carriers meaning China still is not respected as a military power as against say France. But anyone with common sense can see the Rise of China as a superpower will happen in the few decades. And they clearly want to be one. They've long been strong enough to repel any USA attacks on their soil. They want the neighboring seas and oceans already. That's how strong they are militarily now.

Japan just doesn't have anything China wants now despite pride and history. Japan say they don't like China, but my Sony tv was made in China.

China is angry with NZ for making it more difficult for them to buy NZ land. They're really grumpy with us.
Last edited by Paddles on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:26 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

The buying in and the profits have seen them grow their military strength. They used to be a military rabble. Japan took them out in WW2 very swiftly despite China already being at Civil War with itself with huge numbers of troops and weapons.

China's military strength will just get stronger and stronger. Strength is measured in Air Craft Carriers meaning China still is not respected as a super power as against say France. But anyone with common sense can see the Rise of China as a superpower will happen in the few decades. And they clearly want to be one.

China is angry with NZ for making it more difficult for them to buy NZ land. They're really grumpy with us.

all their technology has been given to them by the west, under Bush and Clinton

strength is not measured in aircraft carriers, this is a fallacy. that's 20th century thinking

ICBMs can hit any target from anywhere in the world

aircraft carriers are sitting ducks for air raids

they're only useful for invading tinpot nations (eg NZ)

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:31 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
The buying in and the profits have seen them grow their military strength. They used to be a military rabble. Japan took them out in WW2 very swiftly despite China already being at Civil War with itself with huge numbers of troops and weapons.

China's military strength will just get stronger and stronger. Strength is measured in Air Craft Carriers meaning China still is not respected as a super power as against say France. But anyone with common sense can see the Rise of China as a superpower will happen in the few decades. And they clearly want to be one.

strength is not measured in aircraft carriers, this is a fallacy. that's 20th century thinking

One can fire an ICBM from an aircraft carrier and give far less warning, and guarantee range. I doubt your anywhere in the world claim is accurate - but I havn't followed the latest tech in 10 years. Aircraft carriers can avoid air attack - because of radar missiles, and they have so many planes. That''s why America and everyone else keeps building them.

Destroyers were sitting ducks for air raids, and were gotten rid of for this reason.

These aircraft carriers are mobile cities. Some of them can house upto 100,000 people. The crew on a Nimitz class is 6,000 people.
Last edited by Paddles on Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

HAHA!

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:33 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

One can fire an ICBM from an aircraft carrier and give far less warning, and guarantee range. I doubt your anywhere in the world claim is accurate - but I havn't followed the latest tech in 10 years. Aircraft carriers can avoid air attack - because of radar and they have so many planes. That''s why America and everyone else keeps building them.

Destroyers were sitting ducks for air raids, and were gotten rid of for this reason.

These aircraft carriers are mobile cities. Some of them can house 100,000 people.

:lol: :lol: :lol: bullshit

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:33 am

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:
One can fire an ICBM from an aircraft carrier and give far less warning, and guarantee range. I doubt your anywhere in the world claim is accurate - but I havn't followed the latest tech in 10 years. Aircraft carriers can avoid air attack with missiles and because of radar and they have so many planes. That''s why America and everyone else keeps building them.

These aircraft carriers are mobile cities. Some of them can house 100,000 people.

No bullshit. The crew alone is 6,000.

Has anyone ever taken out a nuclear aircraft carrier in any war?

I'm not talking a petrol WW2 boat owned by Japan or whoever. I mean a proper nuclear Aircraft carrier.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_s ... t_carriers

HAHA!

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:03 pm

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

I'm not talking a petrol WW2 boat owned by Japan or whoever. I mean a proper nuclear Aircraft carrier.

its not a cruise ship you muppet

its designed to carry crew not 100,000 civilians :lol:

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:54 pm

Katto wrote:
Paddles wrote:

It's designed to carry planes. It can carry what ever they want it too.

HAHA!

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:07 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:

It's designed to carry planes. It can carry what ever they want it too.

yeah planes, hence why its called an aircraft carrier :roll:

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:08 am

meanwhile this happened...

DUNEDIN, New Zealand (AP) '-- New Zealanders are debating the limits of free speech after their chief censor banned a 74-page manifesto written by the man accused of slaughtering 50 people at two mosques in the city of Christchurch. The ban, issued Saturday, means anybody caught with the document on their computer could face up to 10 years in prison, while anyone caught sending it could face 14 years. Some say the ban goes too far and risks lending both the document and the gunman mystique.

https://apnews.com/162e85e9418240d3ae3650c8f59caf56

what a country :oops:

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby Paddles » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 am

Katto wrote:meanwhile this happened...

DUNEDIN, New Zealand (AP) '-- New Zealanders are debating the limits of free speech after their chief censor banned a 74-page manifesto written by the man accused of slaughtering 50 people at two mosques in the city of Christchurch. The ban, issued Saturday, means anybody caught with the document on their computer could face up to 10 years in prison, while anyone caught sending it could face 14 years. Some say the ban goes too far and risks lending both the document and the gunman mystique.

There's actually more annoyance in NZ at the ISP's blocking websites with much legal content. Even a gun website has been blocked. This is not official censorship but the ISP's themselves. This is an issue that will be debated widely in the future.

People are not widely engaging with any censorship debate right now. Some are certainly keen on having that debate and in time it may happen. Right now - the gun owners still want to debate their guns.

HAHA!

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:37 am

Paddles wrote:
Katto wrote:meanwhile this happened...

There's actually more annoyance in NZ at the ISP's blocking websites with much legal content. Even a gun website has been blocked. This is not official censorship but the ISP's themselves. This is an issue that will be debated widely in the future.

People are not widely engaging with any censorship debate right now. Some are certainly keen on having that debate and in time it may happen. Right now - the gun owners still want to debate their guns.

this is the govt banning a text and threatening 10 years jail for possession and 14 years for distribution

NZ is worse than China and officially should be known as a book burning nation

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:39 am

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:22 am

Young Muslim invites PM Jacinda Ardern to embrace Islam

ISLAMABAD: “Islam teaches humanity and I think I have it”, these are the words of Prime Minister of New Zealand Jacinda Ardern in a dialogue with a young Muslim, who invited her to embrace Islam.

This dialogue between Miss Ardern and the young Muslim has raised serious questions whether she is going to embrace Islam.

Although the entire political leadership of New Zealand has expressed their solidarity with the Muslim community after the Christchurch mosques shooting but Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern’s empathy after the attack has won praises all over the world. Soon after the attack, Miss Ardern visited the mosque and met the bereaved families. The entire world praised her gesture when she donned in a Hijab while meeting the families of martyrs.

A dialogue between a young Muslim and Miss Arden has gone viral in which he has invited the Prime Minister of New Zealand to embrace Islam. Miss Ardern listen the young man carefully and responded his invitation of entering into Islam with a smile. “To be honest with you, what brought me here it’s you. I have been crying every day for the last three days. I have been making one Dua from Allah and I said I wish other leaders can look at your leadership skills. And my other one wish is I hope one day you enter into Islam and I wish I will be with you in Jannah.”

Upon which, Miss Ardern replied Islam teaches humanity and I think I have it.”

Soon after the Christchurch attack, Miss Ardern addressed the Parliament and the first words of her speech were ‘Assalam o Alaikum’ (Peace be upon you). Similarly, for the first time in history of New Zealand, a Muslim cleric was invited into the Parliament to recite Holy Quran.

The prime minister of New Zealand again visited Christchurch and addressed a massive gathering in Hagley Park to show her empathy. She recited a verse of Holy Quran while addressing a gathering of thousands of New Zealanders who were gathered in Hagley Park to commemorate the incident of Christchurch attack. “The believers, in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy, are just like one body.” Translation of the holy Quran verse says.

“When any part of the body suffers, the whole body feels pain”, she said, adding that “New Zealand mourns with you”.

Thousands of citizens of New Zealand and Miss Ardern joined the Muslim community in Hagley Park and displayed their unity with the Muslim community by wearing headscarves. A large number of people stood behind the rows of worshippers to show a gesture of goodwill. Similarly, the national media of New Zealand broadcasted the ‘Azaan (call for prayer) live on television.

It is pertinent to mention here that Christchurch attack was the deadliest in history of New Zealand. However, the entire world has praised Miss Arden and her government for handling the situation and showing her empathy after the attack.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/448062 ... race-islam

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:37 am

the symbology of this occurring in a place called Christchurch has not been missed