Bangladesh is better off than India...

hot topics, News & Current affairs discussion forum.
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Cash on hand: Locked
Pakistan

Bangladesh is better off than India...

Postby raja » Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:42 am

Looks like, cricket apart, Bangladesh is doing much better than its far more powerful western neighbour...
Well done, Leo.
Happy to be a Bangladeshi supporter in cricket.

https://theprint.in/economy/bangladesh- ... re/132363/

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Re: Bangladesh is better off than India...

Postby Going South » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:11 am

BS. paid article. Wonder why millions of Bangladeshi want to cross border illegally and live in india ? Had they been under pakistan they would be even farther down. Good for them to be independent.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:57 am

This article has come at the right time. We need to now send back 2,00,00,000 to 5,00,00,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants residing in India back to their home country as it is now proven Bangladesh has better economic and social indices than India.

It will do India a great favour and spare the country unnecessary burden.

Thanks.

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Bangladesh is one of the largest source of remittance for India.

However, this article is actually reflects some short term statistics. Let's see what happen after 5-10 years. To asses an economic growth you cannot judge with statistics only. You need to wait and watch the long term outcome. Example: Venezuela.
Time is the Best Speaker

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:12 pm

bolero wrote:This article has come at the right time. We need to now send back 2,00,00,000 to 5,00,00,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants residing in India back to their home country as it is now proven Bangladesh has better economic and social indices than India.

Thanks.

:roll:

If they have chosen to live in India, they need to be given a hardship allowance, for agreeing to live in a third world country.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Anyway, I'm just happy to see Bangladesh do well.
I might be from India but my heart is with Bangladesh and Pakistan. :-)

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:23 pm

raja wrote:
bolero wrote:This article has come at the right time. We need to now send back 2,00,00,000 to 5,00,00,000 illegal Bangladeshi immigrants residing in India back to their home country as it is now proven Bangladesh has better economic and social indices than India.

Thanks.

:roll:

If they have chosen to live in India, they need to be given a hardship allowance, for agreeing to live in a third world country.

WTF.

take all of them to your home.
illegals are illegals. no other way around.
kick them out. a “poor” country can only take as much shit that’s already present, don’t add on top of it.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:24 pm

raja wrote:Anyway, I'm just happy to see Bangladesh do well.

you better go out of india and live in pakistan. faster the better. all be happy.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:56 am

Going South wrote:
raja wrote:Anyway, I'm just happy to see Bangladesh do well.

you better go out of india and live in pakistan. faster the better. all be happy.

I'd love to. But maybe not in Lahore, Karachi or any of the cities.
Rather live in India-Occupied Kashmir (IOK).
Beautiful.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Leo wrote:Bangladesh is one of the largest source of remittance for India.

However, this article is actually reflects some short term statistics. Let's see what happen after 5-10 years. To asses an economic growth you cannot judge with statistics only. You need to wait and watch the long term outcome. Example: Venezuela.

The issue is that India itself doesnt have great social metrics. We cant bear the illegal immigrants from Bangladesh which run into several millions.

A first world country like US or Australia can take care of such large numbers of immigrants, not India.

Bangladeshis live in squalid ghettos in major cities like Mumbai, Bengaluru etc. Recently there was a scandal when a Bangladeshi tried to emigrate using fake Indian passport. On being questioned at the airport on suspicion, he admitted he is a Bangladeshi and gave his residential address.

In Assam, Bangladeshis have nearly become the majority community displacing local Assamese. There is widespread anger even among local Assamese Muslims (who have stayed for centuries in Assam) against illegal immigration.

Illegal immigration is a huge issue in India. Recently there was the NRC in Assam, but thats a different debate.

squarecut
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby squarecut » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:57 am

The article claiming Bangladesh is doing better than India is a hogwash, as I can see. The news item quotes Dhaka Tribune a Bangladeshi newspaper. Why the article does not quote world Bank, who are the real authority on such matters ? World Bank figures are readily available on internet. It is like saying that Bihar is more developed than Maharashtra. I can give point by point rebuttal of the figures quoted, but why bother. I have better things to do with my time than waste my time on a worthless article.

See the world Bank graph whose link is given below. Indian per capita GDP is $1939 and Bangladesh per capita income is $1516 in 2017. In 2016 it was $1717 and $1358 respectively. In 2015, it was $1606 for India and $1210 for Bangladesh. Indian per capita income was $ 396 higher in 2015 and it is $423 higher in 2017 so the gap has actually increased between Indian and BD per capita figure. Indian per capita GDP is moving away from Bangladesh. So what is this great Bangladeshi increase in GDP per capita figures that that World Bank is not aware of? In any case, there is no way BD per capita income can catch up and exceed Indian per capita GDP unless BD GDP grows at a much higher rate than Indian GDP every year, which is hardly the case.
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD?locations=IN-BD

PS-I went through the Dhaka Tribune article. After going through it, all I can say is that I pity those who create this myth that Bangladesh is doing better than India and those who believe in this myth. BD per capita income exceeding Indian per capita income by 2020 ! Seriously. It is like hoping that Bangladesh needing 42 runs in the last over will achieve it hitting seven sixes in the final over. These people claiming to know about economy lack the understanding of primary school maths.

I find that many readers commenting on this article have also noticed the ridiculous figures quoted by the mathematically challenged creator of the article and they too have expressed their scepticism about the figures.

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:27 am

squarecut wrote:The article claiming Bangladesh is doing . . . . . .

bolero wrote:The issue is that India itself . . . . . .

Nothing to deny . . . . But . . . . :grin:
Time is the Best Speaker

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:04 pm

must be written by raja. ;)