Imran Khan

hot topics, News & Current affairs discussion forum.
squarecut
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
India

Re: Imran Khan

Postby squarecut » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:16 pm

US has already warned IMF not to give the bailout package that Pakistan is seeking. Taking loan in order to be able to pay interest on existing loans taken mostly from China- Pakistani rulers have not only destroyed the economy of their country, they are making sure that the economy will remain that way. Serves them right. All their misdeeds are finally coming home to roost.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Imran Khan

Postby Going South » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:35 pm

I won’t be surprised if pakistan losses it’s land and ports to the loan shark china as part of loan payments & towards additional new loans. srilanka leant too late on its mistake, pakistan would be another idiot in the making to fall under same trap. it’s a quagmire indeed and their only stress release mechanism is to shout india india. what a bunch of losers. Imran ranted a lot when in opposition now the onus is on him to deliver as he is the PM now. I
highly doubt if he can fix anything! I see a pakistani equivalent of indian kejrival in imran. LOL

squarecut
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby squarecut » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:32 am

Just like there are indices for economical progress like GDP etc, there is index for progress in the field of terrorism as well. It is called GTI (Global Terrorism Index). As a renowned exporter of terror, Pakistan scores an impressive 8.4 (highest possible score 10) on this index.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:39 am

Mike Pompeo is very clear he wont let American tax dollars to be used by Pakistan to pay Chinese loans.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:33 pm

bolero wrote:Mike Pompeo is very clear he wont let American tax dollars to be used by Pakistan to pay Chinese loans.

foreign aid is taking money from poor people in rich countries to give to rich people in poor countries

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Imran Khan

Postby Going South » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:28 pm

wait till democrats win in next US election preventing trumps second term, all hell would break loose in south Asia and top it if conservative modi make way to liberal sharia favoring congress muslim party of fake gandhi clan.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:19 am

Going South wrote:wait till democrats win in next US election preventing trumps second term, all hell would break loose in south Asia and top it if conservative modi make way to liberal sharia favoring congress muslim party of fake gandhi clan.

What makes you think democrats will win the next US election? they're imploding

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 pm

you never know with US elections. Don’t go by media predictions. they are wrong in many instances. I believe it when i see it. I would vote for trump though and I have my reasons.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:02 am

Going South wrote:you never know with US elections. Don’t go by media predictions. they are wrong in many instances. I believe it when i see it. I would vote for trump though and I have my reasons.

The media are mostly for the democrats. Their continual fake news is driving more people to Trump.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked

Postby Paddles » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:23 pm

I find the comedy shows like the Daily Show who do not even claim to be news as they are more news satire, the most entertaining way to keep up to date with American news and politics. I keenly miss the Opposition with Jordan Klemmer.

Obviously these shows fall under the ambit of ridiculing any politician (and journalists) in their firing line, which includes Trump (and Fox News presenters) many many times a week. Republicans do seem to get a much tougher time on the show, but debate rages whether they just produce more fodder for jokes, but on issues like woman's right to choose abortion and further gun control, the show does not hold back which does fly directly in the face of an element of republican support.
Law 31.6 - benefit of the doubt for an dismissal appeal goes to the batsman
A third umpire call for a run out or stumping is a referral, not a review.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:44 am

All those late night 'comedy' shows are left wing and Democrat party propaganda. None of them are funny by the way. Trump jokes = yawn.

They are deliberately set up that way

Trevor Noah is a racist idiot.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:06 am

I like Saturday night live parody skits and fake makeup. They try to be against anybody in power. fair enough.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 am

Going South wrote:I like Saturday night live parody skits and fake makeup. They try to be against anybody in power. fair enough.

They were never against Obama.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:03 am

That's an interesting chart, Paddles.
It seems to stack up nicely like a bell curve, suggesting that overall there's "equlibrium" in the media universe, with room for all.

If there were a similar chart made for India media, it would be all filled at the bottom in the red box area, that too mostly skewed to the extreme right. That's why it's often called Modia, or godi media by Indians. (Godi = lap in Hindi).

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:15 am

raja wrote:That's an interesting chart, Paddles.
It seems to stack up nicely like a bell curve, suggesting that overall there's "equlibrium" in the media universe, with room for all.

If there were a similar chart made for India media, it would be all filled at the bottom in the red box area, that too mostly skewed to the extreme right. That's why it's often called Modia, or godi media by Indians. (Godi = lap in Hindi).

Except the chart isn't accurate. Its part of the propaganda to make you think there is an equilibrium that doesn't actually exist.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:51 am

Katto wrote:
raja wrote:That's an interesting chart, Paddles.

Except the chart isn't accurate. Its part of the propaganda to make you think there is an equilibrium that doesn't actually exist.

Elaborate please.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:11 pm

raja wrote:
Katto wrote:

Elaborate please.

I could go on for hours :lol:

Hegelian dialectic is probably the most succinct way to explain it. Both sides controlled. Neither are truly 'conservative' or truly libertarian.
The reality of both state and corporate media is that it preserves the authoritarian status quo.

Trump kind of ruined all of that, but he doesn't really have too many allies in the media who played along with the charade for decades.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:44 pm

I agree with Katto here. Trump has upset the status quo. They meaning establishment want him out at any cost.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:04 pm

To elaborate,

There is a consensus among the establishment GOpers and Dems that Russia is the enemy.

Trump wants to demolish that thought process.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:22 pm

Infowars just got banned from everywhere today. For a made up reason.
Just to underline this point further.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed this.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:20 pm

bolero wrote:To elaborate,

There is a consensus among the establishment GOpers and Dems that Russia is the enemy.

Trump wants to demolish that thought process.

yes. gone are cold war era fears. today the doom has a different name. All civilized world should work to stop anything that hinders progress and technological evolution.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:31 pm

IMRAN Khan has suggested Pakistan bans imports of CHEESE in a bid to boost the country’s struggling economy - prompting outrage from the nation's pizza lovers.

The bizarre ban, slammed by critics and opposition leaders, is being considered along with embargoes on other foreign products such as luxury cars and phones.

Newly-elected Prime Minister Khan believes the move will help the country stave off a $12 billion bailout from the International Monetary Fund (IMF), reports The Times.

A water crisis has also prompted the former Pakistani cricket captain to ask for donations from Pakistanis around the world to help build a new dam.

Khan came to power in a July election in a result which was disputed by opposition parties who accuse the military of vote-rigging.

Eyebrows have now been raised after the head of the army donated around £6million to the dam appeal.

The cheese ban has prompted jokes from critics including suggestions that three-times married Khan wants to “Make Pakistan grate again” – in a nod to US President Trump’s election mantra.

Social media users have also complained that the country’s pizza, already considered poor, will deteriorate further because of the controversial embargo.

Experts point to the fact that foreign cheese imports, worth £2.5m, make up 0.01 per cent of Pakistan’s current deficit of £13.5 billion.

Miftah Ismail, former finance minister, told The Times: “This won’t make any difference.

source: The Sun UK

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:43 pm

he sold government cars to save money but commutes daily in helicopters for short distances too. WTF.

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/internationa ... helicopter

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:44 pm

would you eat a pizza without cheese or sausage or pepperoni?

ps: pig meat is a sin in pakistan & is banned.