Trump Muslim ban

hot topics, News & Current affairs discussion forum.
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Cash on hand: Locked
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm

I guess this one need a thread for discussion.

Donald Trump Calls for Barring Muslims From Entering U.S.

4:36 pm ET Patrick Healy and Michael Barbaro
Reading a statement he had released earlier in the day, the Republican presidential candidate Donald J. Trump called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS on December 7, 2015. Photo by Sean Rayford/Getty Images.
Updated, 10:42 p.m. | Donald J. Trump called on Monday for the United States to bar all Muslims from entering the country until the nation’s leaders can “figure out what is going on” after the terrorist attacks in San Bernardino, Calif., an extraordinary escalation of rhetoric aimed at voters’ fears about members of the Islamic faith.

A prohibition of Muslims – an unprecedented proposal by a leading American presidential candidate, and an idea more typically associated with hate groups – reflects a progression of mistrust that is rooted in ideology as much as politics.

Mr. Trump, who in September declared “I love the Muslims,” turned sharply against them after the Paris terrorist attacks, calling for a database to track Muslims in America and repeating discredited rumors that thousands of Muslims celebrated in New Jersey on 9/11. His poll numbers rose largely as a result, until a setback in Iowa on Monday morning. Hours later Mr. Trump called for the ban, fitting his pattern of making stunning comments when his lead in the Republican presidential field appears in jeopardy.

Saying that “hatred” among many Muslims for Americans is “beyond comprehension,” Mr. Trump said in a statement that the United States needed to confront “where this hatred comes from and why.”

“Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” Mr. Trump said.

Asked what prompted his statement, Mr. Trump said, “death,” according to a spokeswoman.

Repudiation of Mr. Trump’s remarks was swift and severe among religious groups and politicians from both parties. Mr. Trump is “unhinged,” said one Republican rival, former Gov. Jeb Bush of Florida, while another, Senator Marco Rubio of Florida, called the ban “offensive and outlandish.” Hillary Clinton said the idea was “reprehensible, prejudiced and divisive.” Organizations representing Jews, Christians and those of other faiths quickly joined Muslims in denouncing Mr. Trump’s proposal.

“Rooting our nation’s immigration policy in religious bigotry and discrimination will not make America great again,” said Rabbi Jack Moline, executive director of Interfaith Alliance, putting a twist on Mr. Trump’s campaign slogan.

Mr. Trump made his remarks a day after President Obama delivered a national address from the Oval Office urging Americans not to turn against Muslims in the wake of the terrorist attacks.

Experts on immigration law and policy expressed shock at the proposal Monday afternoon.

“This is just so antithetical to the history of the United States,” said Nancy Morawetz, a professor of clinical law at New York University School of Law, who specializes in immigration. “It’s unbelievable to have a religious test for admission into the country.”

She added: “I cannot recall any historical precedent for denying immigration based on religion.”

Putting the policy into practice would require an unlikely act of Congress, said Stephen Yale-Loehr, a professor of law at Cornell and a prominent authority on immigration.

Should Congress enact such a law, he predicted, the Supreme Court would invalidate it as an overly restrictive immigration policy under the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

“It would certainly be challenged as unconstitutional,” he said. “And I predict the Supreme Court would strike it down.”

Mr. Trump has a track record of making surprising and even extreme comments whenever he is overtaken in opinion polls by other Republican candidates – as happened on Monday just hours before he issued his statement about Muslims. A new Monmouth University survey of likely Iowa Republican caucus-goers found that Mr. Trump had slipped from his recent top spot in the state, which holds the first presidential nomination contest on Feb. 1. According to the poll, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas earned 24 percent of support, while Mr. Trump had 19 percent and Senator Marco Rubio of Florida had 17 percent. But another Iowa poll released on Monday, by CNN/OCR, showed Mr. Trump with a comfortable lead but Mr. Cruz gaining ground on him.

Mr. Trump, who boasts about his strong poll numbers at the beginning of virtually every campaign speech, launched an unusually stinging attack against Ben Carson, another Republican candidate, when Mr. Carson took a lead in Iowa polls this fall; Mr. Trump, citing Mr. Carson’s memoir about his sometimes-violent youth, called him “pathological” and compared his state of mind to a child molester’s.

Several Republican strategists and politicians said they believe that Mr. Trump’s maneuver against Muslims was partly a challenge to Mr. Cruz and other Republicans to stake out positions on terrorism that were as audacious as his own. But they also said that the ban reflected anxiety and anger among many voters that the federal government was not acting aggressively enough to protect them at home.

“I think Trump’s idea may be too strong, but I think something jarring is very helpful in leading to a national debate in how big this problem is, and how dangerous it is,” said Newt Gingrich, a former Republican speaker of the House who ran for president in 2012. “Nine percent of Pakistanis agree with ISIS, according to one poll. That’s a huge number. We need to put all the burden of proof on people coming from those countries to show that they are not a danger to us.”

Tens of thousands of Muslims enter and stay in the United States each year as tourists or through the immigration system, experts say, with an estimated 100,000 Muslims becoming United States permanent residents in 2012, according to the Pew Research Center. The United States issued 680,000 green cards to migrants from Muslim-majority countries in the five-year period from fiscal year 2009 through fiscal year 2013, according to the Senate Judiciary Committee’s Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest, which cited data from the Department of Homeland Security.

At a rally at the U.S.S. Yorktown in South Carolina on Monday night, Mr. Trump drew sustained cheers from the audience as he outlined his idea for the ban.

“We have no choice,” Mr. Trump said. “Our country cannot be the victim of tremendous attacks by people who believe only in jihad.”

While several Republican presidential candidates have called for increased intelligence gathering and more aggressive investigations of suspected terrorists, as well as a halt to Muslim refugees entering the United States from Syria, Mr. Trump’s pointed suspicions about Muslims have been in a category by themselves.

At his campaign rallies, he has drawn strong applause from thousands of voters for his calls on the government to monitor mosques, and he has refused to rule out his earlier proposal to enter names of Muslims in America into a database. He has also made a series of ominous comments about President Obama’s leadership in fighting terrorism, suggesting that there was “something going on” with Mr. Obama that Americans were not aware of.

In his statement, Mr. Trump quoted a poll by the Center for Security Policy, whose president and founder, Frank Gaffney, has claimed that President Obama is aligned with the Muslim Brotherhood, an extremist political movement born in Egypt, and that agents of the Muslim Brotherhood have infiltrated the U.S. government, the Republican Party and conservative political organizations.

Barring non-citizen Muslims from the United States has drawn support from organizations like the Society of Americans for National Existence and the Daily Stormer, which the Southern Poverty Law Center has described as hate groups.

The proposal drew immediate condemnation from Muslim-Americans. Eboo Patel, the president of Interfaith Youth Core, based in Chicago, said, “I’m standing in a building right now where I am looking up at the Sears Tower, which was designed by Fazlur Rahman Khan,” a structural engineer originally from Bangladesh who was behind what is now known as the Willis Tower.

“What if we had barred Russians from America because of the Cold War? Who would have invented Google?” Mr. Patel asked, referring to Google’s co-founder, Sergey Brin.

While many critics of Mr. Trump reassured themselves that neither he nor his idea would ultimately go anywhere, they were aghast that a mainstream presidential candidate would ever utter it.

“It would be particularly bizarre,” said Ms. Morawetz, “to have an immigration test based on religion given that the country was founded by people who were fleeing religious persecution.”

Laurie Goodstein and Thomas Kaplan contributed reporting.

https://www.nytimes.com/politics/first- ... -u-s/?_r=0

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Re: Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:24 pm

Then he banned 7 country citizens.
Strangely Pakistan & Afghanistan are not in that list.
Some say he excluded them as he got personal business interests. Dunno.

But surprisingly Kuwait imposed a ban too.

http://www.ibtimes.sg/after-muslim-ban- ... fghan-7130

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:26 pm

India already bans Pakistanis and vice Versa. England bans certain European nations. South and North Koreans ban each other.
We all live in a ban world soon.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
Bank: Locked
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:49 pm

Banning muslims to attack Isis is like banning Christians to attack the ku klux klan. The core teachings of Islam and the practices of these extremists are chalk and cheese.

Though to be fair, has trump or any of his guys ever actually used the phrase "ban on Muslims"? Does the criteria say "religion" or does it say "nationality". A ban based on nationality doesn't quite sound as dramatic as a ban based on religion that the media have been calling it

If a huge proportion of international perpetrators of terror come from a list of seven nations and you ban people from those seven countries coming to your home, then I can see the logic.

And that's coming from someone who thinks that trump is a joke.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:25 pm

Yep. Religion of 99% of world terrorists is Islam.
Pakistan is found to be epicenter of terrorist network where 80% of world terrorists have their roots. Yet, it's off the US ban list. Kuwait showed some balls compared to USA. I would like to see more stable Muslim nations to follow Kuwait example (if not US example) and declare the ban on these terror originating countries. People in these countries consider terrorism as a way of life and accept it which is wrong.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:30 pm

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:56 pm

But if I were Muslim I imagine I would feel differently, or a man of faith of any kind.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:58 pm

BoyCaught30 wrote:But if I were Muslim I imagine I would feel differently, or a man of faith of any kind.

True. If I were a Muslim I would be embarrassed too on these idiots doing all kind of shit acts in the name of religion. We all must condemn it if seen in any religion not just Islam. All other religions have checks and balances that gave them amendments/corrections over centuries sadly but there is no such in Islam. Any one attempt to reform islam is seen as a traitor even though they are honest muslims. Half the world problems end if Islam allows reforms.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:14 am

Its not a muslim ban

read the executive order, muslims arent even mentioned

the media is dishonest

so many people commenting on something they havent even read :oops:

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:38 am

Potato potaato it's the same.
It's just politically correct language but intent is clear.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:42 am

What is the purpose of the Executive Order?

I know what its outcome is, but what is the purpose?

If the purpose is to prevent terrorists from entering your country, you'd look at specific intelligence - and ban those people, not an en masse ban.

Ok, even if we concede that this blanket country-level ban is an immediate measure to deal with terrorism threat, while a longer-term policy is worked out, why these countries? When other countries like Saudi Arabia have been known to have seeded terrorists. Pakistan is known to have provided them refuge.

That is why I asked "what is the purpose of this Executive Order"?

I'm answering this question myself.

It is NOT to prevent actual terrorists from entering the country.

It is to prevent Muslim refugees - and most Muslim refugees belong to these countries, because these are the ones most ravaged by war.

So the message should be clear - TRUMP DOES NOT WANT MUSLIM REFUGEES, EVEN PEACEFUL ONES. Even a 5-year old kid isn't welcome.

This is an order against refugees, not terrorism.

They're two totally different things.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:49 am

So the most vulnerable of people, ravaged by war, are refused entry.

This is now how America used to be.

To refuse helpless people, running away from terror and oppressive regimes, takes something special. If this were a poor country struggling to enable its own population to make both ends meet, I can understand.

We're talking about the richest country in the world.

And it's not like millions are entering America.

Need to get a perspective on the scale of the refugee issue globally - and then see the US angle.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:53 am

This is what also annoyed me about what Sundar Pichai, Google CEO, said.

He was critical of the ban, saying it prevented "talent" from entering America.

SO typical of Silicon Valley, Wall Street and all these corporate guys!

All they want is "talent".

Hey, the tired, helpless man, woman and child seeking to enter America as a refugee might not meet your standards of "talent".

So you'd refuse him, right?

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:00 am

Mind you, this doesn't mean I fully support what Angela Merkel did in Germany.

She opened her arms wide and embraced refugees without screening. To be fair, it's far more difficult in Europe to screen than in the US, given the access by land, and proximity to concerned countries.

Merkel should have been more measured and circumspect. But she got caught in a lot of international talk about "inhuman Europeans" (esp after that pic of that little kid washed up ashore). All sorts of people who had no skin in the game were on her case. After that, it was a free for all. The problem started much earlier, but any likely change in policy got scuttled after that.

Europe is now seeing the consequences.

Trump, rightly, wants to prevent a repeat in the US.

Only, I think he's going it the wrong way.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:05 am

Well. Europe thought exactly what you are saying raja. They opened door for refugees from these countries. Look around. These refugees are waaaaay different from what you know on generic refugees. That's the whole problem trump want to prevent. He don't want repeat of what's happening in Europe. Prevention is better than cure. It's hard to find that bad apple from a sack of innocent apples. If you fail on it it would lead to whole sack go rotten. The easy way out is to reject entire sack. It's similar to mango exports from India that got rejected by the west. People=mangoes. No difference.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:40 pm

raja wrote:So the most vulnerable of people, ravaged by war, are refused entry.

This is now how America used to be.

To refuse helpless people, running away from terror and oppressive regimes, takes something special. If this were a poor country struggling to enable its own population to make both ends meet, I can understand.

We're talking about the richest country in the world.

And it's not like millions are entering America.

Need to get a perspective on the scale of the refugee issue globally - and then see the US angle.

the executive order makes exceptions for religious oppressed minorities in the 7 countries

Its only a temporary ban and they're all either war zones or US enemies. The problem is they dont have extreme vetting measures rolled out yet.
As soon as they do, the ban will be lifted.

Meanwhile 16 Muslim majority nations ban Israelis. Where's the outrage?

Obama banned entrants from Iraq in 2011 for 6 months for the same reason. Where was the outrage?

The partisan left see what they want to see and when it is convenient for them politically. There is no moral consistency in their outlook - its all partisan politics.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:23 am

1) People fleeing from war, terror and oppression in their countries are "enemies" of the US?
If they don't have vetting measures in place yet, why not first organise them - and then prevent specific folks from entering.
Now innocent people, already facing grave hardship in their home country, are having to suffer.

2) The Israel issue with Muslim countries is something completely different. It is more along the lines of India-Pakistan, only relations are even worse. There the problem isn't at individual level, it's at state-level. So if you belong to a certain state, you will not be granted a visa to enter my state.

This cannot be compared with the US situation. Here there was no state-level issue, even if relations weren't great - it has been created now.

3) When Obama banned Iraq in 2011, there must have been credible info available with US intelligence that would have warranted such action. We are not privy to it, but Obama is unlikely to have taken such a step without it being absolutely necessary.

4) I belong to neither left nor right. I'm just trying to understand rationale behind these actions.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Everyone knows America got too many enemies. There are at least a million Muslim hardliners (terrorists ?) that hate America want to do terror acts in USA and are trying to enter in the guise of innocent refugees. There is already a good vetting process for USA that check credentials prior to granting visas on most countries. But on some countries there is no infrastructure or support from local governments to get that personal information on those seeking to enter America. How would you do it in this situation? Give benefit of doubt and let all enter without any vetting? Err. That did not go well for Europe. Well. USA did so for many years.

When Europe opened its borders, many nut cases entered Europe now there is whole shake up of their peaceful society. It's not just inconvenience but innocent people are dying, women get harassed, get raped, can't wear dress of their own, can't walk alone in their own malls without a male guardian, can't walk alone in subways if not they get pushed down stairs, cant go to parties, cant celebrate new year or national holiday out in the open, a truck might run you down on crowded places, can't go to swimming pools anymore, can't go to subway or use local transportation, cannot eat at public places, cannot give anyone shelter out of fear, cannot wear bikinis, cannot walk without head covered, schools get to be places of constant confrontation & harassment, hate crimes rampant, country gets no-go zones where even police can't enter. Is it worth it???

Unlike other refugees Muslim refugees bring trouble. They won't fit in any society other than Muslim societies that easy. There are at least 10 super rich Muslim nations in this world. If you cannot fit in western society why bother going there? If they are refugees with genuine troubles they all should be helped by these mega rich Muslim countries. They should be in a position to help and take these Muslim refugees. Let them open their borders first, why should Europe or USA do it? It's amazing that why nobody question these rich Muslim nations take these refugees? UAE just banned visas from 5 MUSLIM countries I hear not a peep from anyone from media. Where is the outrage against it that we saw against a non Muslim nation if they do the same? Where is the outrage when Saudi Arabia don't grant citizenship to any other country? All should not allow Saudi citizens to enter any other country.

Country first is the motto for every country. If trump says it so be it. As president if he see threat to his county's interests he is given power to take actions on it. It's your country visa you give at your discretion. You cannot demand it from another country. The most you can do is reciprocate the same. Donot grant visa to Americans not to allow them to enter your country. That's it. If citizens from 100 other countries have no problem to be thankful & blend in be a roman-in-Rome for giving them refuge, why should muslims be any different? Be thankful for the refuge given and blend-in, if not leave that country or don't enter at all if you got a problem with that society, but don't attempt to change the society that is giving you refuge and shelter with a good heart is all I can say.

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Postby afghankhan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:36 pm

GS you need to stop watching Fox news. Europe is not India where every female without a male guadian get's raped.
[color=#400000]If you take me seriously it's your own fault[/color]

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Postby afghankhan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:41 pm

Trump Muslim ban is incredibly stupid and won't help at all. It's nothing but a gimick. He knows his stupid followers will get happy and there is nothing more to it.

If indeed he believes in what he claims then he should have included many more countries if not all.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:42 pm

You need proof? Look no further than last couple of month news.
Hint: google the words "Europe Muslim refugee rape"

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Trump Muslim ban

Postby Going South » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:52 pm

afghankhan wrote:Trump Muslim ban is incredibly stupid and won't help at all. It's nothing but a gimick. He knows his stupid followers will get happy and there is nothing more to it.

If indeed he believes in what he claims then he should have included many more countries if not all.

He started with 7. In couple of months I expect the list to grow. Won't be surprised if he abolish H1B program either.
Trump is very honest and straight forward. What he is doing now is exactly what he said prior to his election. Wonder why people act surprised of him keeping his word & election promises?

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Postby afghankhan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:59 pm

Going South wrote:
afghankhan wrote:Trump Muslim ban is incredibly stupid and won't help at all. It's nothing but a gimick. He knows his stupid followers will get happy and there is nothing more to it.

He started with 7. In couple of months I expect the list to grow. Won't be surprised if he abolish H1B program either.

Obama bombed 7 muslim countries. In 2016 he alone dropped 26,171 bombs. I think If Trump bans muslim countries and themselves stay away. We all know who the real winner will be. It will result in a lot less dead muslims.

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Postby afghankhan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:01 pm

I think Trump is much better then Obama if he concentrate on his own nation and stop trying colonize Muslim countries.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:06 pm

It's not Obama or trump, but it has something to do for America as a big brother country that look down on other nations. Nothing personal about any president. They are all the same.

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Postby afghankhan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:27 pm

Going South wrote:It's not Obama or trump, but it has something to do for America as a big brother country that look down on other nations. Nothing personal about any president. They are all the same.

I know it's the same I hope it will be different.

It's all politics. Even the dumbest people will know it's not about Islam. Those countries banned never attacked U.S and it's incredibly difficult for those countries to get a Visa in the first place.

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Postby afghankhan » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:28 pm

I think they will start a war on poor Iran soon. Find some sort of excuse and destabilize another country.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:12 am

I would not say poor. Iran could as well be asking for it. Last 6 months Iran "occupied" many acres of poor Iraqi land and is grabbing at an alarming rate.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:56 am

afghankhan wrote:I think they will start a war on poor Iran soon. Find some sort of excuse and destabilize another country.

that wont happen while Trump is president

dont fall for the posturing

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:58 am

its not a muslim ban

as an afghan or Pakistani you can still enter the country during the temporary ban period

there's something a lot bigger going on here, just wait and see :popcorn:

Trump is going to drain the swamp and the swamp is far worse than you could've possibly imagined

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:04 am

GS did raise a valid point in his comment though.

Why don't the rich Arab countries, much much closer to the oppressed refugees, give them refuge?

One would think there's far more in common between these refugees and these countries than there is between them and Western Europe / the US?

Not to mention, as a refugee, you've to travel quite a bit to get to Western Europe / US, while these countries are mostly just across the border.

Ideally there shouldn't be war - but if there is, you'd expect the richest countries IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD - to step up and help refugees.

Again, I'm not saying other countries should not help. Just wondering why these don't step up.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:57 am

Surprised Pakistan is not in this list.

Pakistan is far far more dangerous than Iran.

Bin Laden - Killed in Pakistan
San Bernandino terror attack - Male American of Pakistani origin and wife Pakistani who came to US after marriage. Both involved.
Times Square terror attack which was foiled - Pakistani
26/11 Mumbai terror attack - Planned and executed by Pakistani's ISI intelligence
2005 London tube attacks - All bombers Pakistanis
2002 Bali nightclub bombings - The perpetrators masterminded attack sitting in Pakistan

And so on and so forth..

You decide.

Pakistan is a candidate for US action far more than Iraq, Afghanistan or Iran.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:14 am

raja wrote:GS did raise a valid point in his comment though.

Why don't the rich Arab countries, much much closer to the oppressed refugees, give them refuge?

One would think there's far more in common between these refugees and these countries than there is between them and Western Europe / the US?

Not to mention, as a refugee, you've to travel quite a bit to get to Western Europe / US, while these countries are mostly just across the border.

Ideally there shouldn't be war - but if there is, you'd expect the richest countries IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD - to step up and help refugees.

Again, I'm not saying other countries should not help. Just wondering why these don't step up.

I'll tell you why, because they're the ones funding and training their enemies, ie the MB

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Terror operations by remote-control
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/04/worl ... -plot.html

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:21 am

Trump same as Mohammad Taghlagh of yester year.
Bangladesh's Début test Cricket in 2000,scored 400 vs India @Dhaka, but can not save test vs Sunil Joshi, their Current Spin Bowling Coach.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:34 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... shire.html

A sinister British Sharia court and one girl's tireless hunt for her father's killer: How a brutal murder in Pakistan uncovered revenge killings in Lancashire

By Martin Sixsmith, Best-selling Author Behind Blockbuster Film Philomena 19:19 EST 09 Jan 2017, updated 13:46 EST 10 Jan 2017

The Muslim council of elders, or Sharia court, listened intently as the plaintiff outlined his case. He’d been disrespected by a neighbour, he told them, and in such a small Pakistani community, people talk.

As atonement for that disrespect, the neighbour had agreed to the plaintiff’s demand that their children would marry each other. But when the neighbour’s children objected to the idea, he reneged on that promise.

The plaintiff before the makeshift court was therefore demanding retribution.

The price for that broken promise was clear, he argued: his neighbour’s recalcitrant children had dishonoured him as well, and what’s more, they were consorting with white people.

As they were already promised to his own children, that constituted adultery: they should pay with their lives.

The council of elders deliberated, then issued their judgment.

He did, indeed, have the right to exact the death penalty on his neighbour’s children, the court ruled. It would be merciful if he would negotiate financial compensation in lieu of their death, but he was not obliged to do so.

If you think that sounds positively medieval, you’d be right. But this happened just a few years ago — not in Pakistan, but here in Britain, in a small town in Lancashire.

It was one of the most disturbing discoveries I made while researching my new book.

Over the years, I have probed the murky depths of Kremlin-commissioned assassinations, religious scandals and political cover-ups. But this latest project has been by far the most troubling. It has taken me into a world of murder, corruption and, as I’ve just described, violent summary justice sanctioned by appeals to the code of Sharia law. My book Ayesha’s Gift is the poignant story of a young woman’s quest to discover what has happened to her father, missing on a trip from Britain to his native village in Pakistan.

God forbid this won't come to my city in USA too.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:51 pm

Going South wrote:It's not Obama or trump, but it has something to do for America as a big brother country that look down on other nations. Nothing personal about any president. They are all the same.

They tried being isolationist before the war