Should pakistan join war on Yemen ?

hot topics, News & Current affairs discussion forum.
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Cash on hand: Locked
United States of America

Should pakistan join war on Yemen ?

Postby Going South » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:51 pm

Saudi asked pakistan for its military and war planes to bomb Yemen Shia forces.
Just because a rich guy ordered should pakistan bend over and do it?
There are Shia citizens in Pakistan also.
Moreover Pakistan is no rich nation. Can it afford it?

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Re: Should pakistan join war on Yemen ?

Postby afghankhan » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:27 pm

The Pakistani parliament took a good decision to stay neutral and not take part in the war.

Saudis are now threatening that this stand will have severe consequences for Pakistan.

Considering how much Pakistani economy is dependent on Arab money it could hit Pakistan pretty hard. There are a large group of Pakistanis in UAE and if the arab start deporting them...

Maybe they also stop Pakistan from playing cricket over there..

No more donations to Pakistan. That's for sure.
[color=#400000]If you take me seriously it's your own fault[/color]

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:30 pm

Naa. Saudi are dependent on pakistan. They got lot of US arms and among all muslim nation's only pakistani army is capable of handling them. When Iraq occupied Kuwait they shit in pants and asked for pakistani help to secure its borders. It goes both ways.

afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Denmark

Postby afghankhan » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:21 am

Saudis feel Pakistan is letting them down in time of need. They donate a lot of money to Pakistan and give visa easily to Pakistanis because of their army, but that might change now.

The Arabs want Pakistani foot soldiers. They do not want their own to be killed and thus risk an uprising and risk hurting their popularity..

This is basically a shia/sunni conflict. Would be strategically bad move by Pakistan if they get involved. They themselves have a large shia population and Iran as neighbor. Iran might create problems for Pakistan through Balochistan.
[color=#400000]If you take me seriously it's your own fault[/color]

Asim
CF Champion
CF Champion

Postby Asim » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:31 am

I try to stay away from such discussions as everyone just keeps going around in circles. I would just like to say that it's not a shia sunni conflict at all
It is not often u com across a quality individual who lives n breathes loyalty 2 his country n teammates.His individual contribution has been outstanding despite continuing unwarranted n unfair criticism that he gets from both media n public–Dav on Misbah

GpeL
CF Champion
CF Champion
Swaziland

Postby GpeL » Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:07 am

well it is not.., but it has been made out to be..

As for pak, they are stuck in that proverbial "rock and hard place".. or should it be between two horny blokes... which ever side you turn, your butt is inviting a bugger..

If they side with SA, then there will be shias will screw them and if they don't the sunnis will screw them and with the able blessing from SA not to mention the petrol buggering.

Dunno if that is a good idea though.. the powers to be in pakistan are known to screw up things that otherwise are perfectly fine.. (take the PCB for example.. how good were pakistani team and now where are they?).. so I would not trust the pak govt to do anything right as they have their heads firmly lodged in their behinds. Pakstani junta will understandably get upset if they get involved or if they do not.. badaaa mushkil hai.

bharathh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster
India

Postby bharathh » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:50 pm

Asim wrote:I try to stay away from such discussions as everyone just keeps going around in circles. I would just like to say that it's not a shia sunni conflict at all

Would really like to know more about this. At face value it appears to be a simple Shia-sunni conflict. I posted a very nice article about this last week.