Pakistan Cricket Thread (Abdulla Shafiq might New Star of Pakistan cricket :FC & T20 debut with 100 )

This forum contains topics related to general cricket news
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Pakistan Cricket Thread (Abdulla Shafiq might New Star of Pakistan cricket :FC & T20 debut with 100 )

Post by Harmer »

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... Ytd2XyVQ-k

sorry Khushdil shah who is out of Cricket for next 3 weeks with broken thumb in eng
Last edited by Harmer on Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Re: Pakistan Cricket Thread (Amir in england with pakistan)

Post by Harmer »

Amir to replace Harris Rauf ( Corona positive)
in pakistan team in england

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/113 ... and-series

Mohammad Amir to join Pakistan squad for England series

July 20 2020

Amir is set to replace Haris Rauf in the squad, who has tested positive for Coronavirus once more.

Fast bowler Mohammad Amir will be available for Pakistan's tour of England, despite previously withdrawing from the series for personal reasons. Amir is set to replace Haris Rauf in the squad, who has tested positive for Coronavirus once more.

Amir, 28, had opted out of the series to be with his wife for the birth of the pair's second child. It has since emerged that following the birth of his daughter four days ago, Amir approached the board conveying his decision to return to the side. It is learnt that Amir has already undergone one COVID-19 test and will need to test negative twice to be admitted into the bio-secure bubble.

"As part of the process, both Amir and Mohammad Imran (Masseur at the National High Performance Centre) underwent Covid-19 tests on Monday and require two negative tests to be eligible to travel to the United Kingdom. If their first tests return negative, they will be moved to a bio-secure environment in Lahore where their second tests will be conducted on Wednesday, with the expected departures over the weekend," stated the Pakistan Cricket Board's media release.

The release also noted that Rohail Nazir, reserve wicket-keeper with the current squad in England, will be released from his duties once Amir joins the the squad.

The PCB also mentioned that "The departure of Shoaib Malik to England has been delayed until the second week of August after India extended the ban on international flights until 31 July, which, in turn, has delayed a planned family reunion. When Shoaib Malik will join the squad for the T20I series, which starts on 28 August in Manchester, the team management will release a player."

Pakistan are currently in Derby but will travel to Manchester on August 1 prior to the start of the three-Test series. The three T20Is will round off their first assignment post the outbreak of the pandemic. Meanwhile Rauf, who has returned five positive tests for COVID-19 out of six, remains asymptomatic and has been isolated.

"Very unfortunate with Harris Rauf. He has been with the squad and we are waiting for him to recover, but unfortunately he has been repeatedly tested positive," Misbah-ul-Haq, the head coach of Pakistan, said.

On Amir's return to the squad, he mentioned: "Especially keeping in view white-ball cricket and T20 cricket, he (Amir) is a very experienced bowler and after consulting with the captain, we thought it would be right to bring Amir into the squad and it will definitely improve the strength of our squad."

"Rohail will stay with the squad till Amir joins us and I'm sure Rohail will gain a lot of experience by being among the guys as we have two wicket-keepers (Rizwan and Sarfaraz) in the squad already. Shoaib Malik will join the squad a little later as he needs to spend some time with the family post 31st of July. We will make sure he has enough time - at least two weeks - to be ready ahead of the T20I series. Once Malik comes in, we will decide on whom we can release as we can only have 29 players in the squad," Misbah concluded.

Ⓒ Cricbuzz
Last edited by Harmer on Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Harmer »

Rahil Nazir @ under 19 keeper was told to returned to pakistan as soon as Amir get in england Because pak already have 2 keeper in present pakistan team
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Harmer »

Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Re: Pakistan Cricket Thread (Haider & N Shah Pak team in eng t20i)

Post by Harmer »

Cricbuzz

Haider Ali, Naseem Shah picked for England T20Is

August 21 2020

"Besides retaining the core, we have inducted youngsters like Haider Ali" - Misbah

Pakistan have shortlisted 19-year-olds Naseem Shah and Haider Ali among 17 players for the upcoming T20I series against England. Veterans Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik and Wahab Riaz, all of whom are already part of the bio-bubble in England, have also been named.

Pakistan squad for England T20Is: Babar Azam (c), Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Rauf, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imad Wasim, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Rizwan, Mohammad Amir, Naseem Shah, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Shadab Khan, Shaheen Shah Afridi, Shoaib Malik and Wahab Riaz.

Former captain Sarfaraz Ahmed returns to the T20I fold along with explosive opener Fakhar Zaman, but Shan Masood, who was among the runs in the Pakistan Super League earlier this year, couldn't quite make the cut.

"This is mostly the same team which has been featuring in the shortest format for us," Pakistan Head Coach and Chief Selector Misbah-ul-Haq said. "Besides retaining the core, we have inducted youngsters like Haider Ali, who has performed well in the HBL PSL, U19 and first-class cricket, and Naseem Shah as we had an opportunity to keep a bigger pool due to Covid-19 pandemic, which also increases our options.

"Our two experienced bowlers in Mohammad Amir and Wahab Riaz have also returned to the side, along with Fakhar Zaman and Sarfaraz Ahmed."

Pakistan had lost eight out of their ten games towards the end of last year when twin victories over Bangladesh earlier this year set that record straight.

"Usually, the T20I team comes together for a brief period but due to the current situation most of the players have been here with us for more than a month and it has provided us a good opportunity to work on the development of the team and the young players," Misbah said. "So, even the players who might not get an opportunity to play will benefit from the experience they are getting here. It is going to be a competitive series as England are a strong side. We are looking forward to play good cricket and win the series."

The first of the three T20Is in Manchester is scheduled for August 28.

Ⓒ Cricbuzz
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Harmer »

Remainder of PSL 2020 to be played in November

"The matches are currently planned to be held behind closed doors" - PCB release

All four remaining matches of Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2020 will be played in Lahore in November. The reschedule was announced by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) on Wednesday (September 2). The PSL had been stopped midway on March 17 due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.

There will be one double header - the qualifier and Eliminator 1 - on November 14, followed by Eliminator 2 on November 15 and the final on November 17. All games are set to be played at the Gadaffi Stadium in Lahore. The games will be "played under Covid-19 protocols, including bio-secure bubble for the players, match officials and event-related staff. The matches are currently planned to be held behind closed doors, though the situation will be closely monitored and will be reviewed in October," said the PCB in a release.

Multan Sultans, Karachi Kings, Lahore Qalandars and Peshawar Zalmi are the teams still left in the fray.

The CEO of PCB, Wasim Khan also added that there will be more tournaments in the pipeline after PSL.

"PCB is planning to hold its 2020-21 domestic season, which will include a number of age-group, men and women competitions, as well as home international series against Zimbabwe and South Africa. "All domestic 2020-21 season matches will prove to be catalyst for the successful planning and delivery of the HBL Pakistan Super League 2021, which will be held in February/March next year," said Khan.

Ⓒ Cricbuzz
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Harmer »

Plenty for Domestic Players

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/114 ... ic-players

PCB revises contracts for domestic players
Salary

Match fees of the white-ball tournaments remain unchanged from the previous year.
In another revision to the retainers for domestic cricketers, the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has now introduced five new categories for the monthly retainer structure. This is a revision from their structure announced last year where all First Class players had a fixed retainer of PKR 50000 per month.

For the upcoming season (2020-21) the revisions are as follows:

A+ Category - 10 players, PKR 150000 per monthA Category - 38 players, PKR 85000 per monthB Category - 48 players, PKR 75000 per monthC Category - 72 players, PKR 65000 per monthD Category - 24 player, PKR 40000 per month

Apart from this, the match fees of PKR 40000 for National T20 Cup and Pakistan Cup each, and PKR 60000 for Qaid-e-Azam trophy will be same for players from all categories.

There is a decrease of PKR 15000 per match for Pakistan's premier First Class tournament, while the match fees of the white-ball tournaments remain unchanged from the previous year.

Commenting on the revisions, Nadeem Khan, the Director, High Performance, said, "While finalising the 2020-21 domestic calendar, we not only had an eye on the three global white-ball events, we were also mindful that we had to improve our contracts that must benefit the players financially and encourage them to further raise the levels of their fitness and form so they can also stake claims in the franchise and national sides."

Pakistan's domestic season is set to begin on September 30.
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Harmer »

Misbah ul Haq steps down as Pakistan Chief selector

https://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/114 ... f-selector

Misbah-ul-Haq to step down as Pakistan's chief selector
October 14 2020

Misbah-ul-Haq was appointed as head coach cum chief selector in September 2019

Misbah-ul-Haq has announced his decision to step down as the chief selector of Pakistan but will continue to serve in the capacity of head coach. He had served in dual capacity since his appointment September 2019. Misbah said he took the decision based on Pakistan's workload in the next two years, stressing that he wanted to focus more on his role as a head coach.

Misbah will, however, continue to carry out selection duties until the new chief selector takes over from December 1. Pakistan's next assignment is the three-match ODI series against Zimbabwe at home, which begins on October 30, followed by three T20Is. They will also tour New Zealand for three T20Is and two Tests in December-January. Misbah will handle the selection of teams for both these series while the new chief selector's first assignment will be to select the teams for the home series against South Africa in January, which includes two Tests and three T20Is.

Speaking about his decision, Misbah said: "I have thoroughly enjoyed the dual roles but after reviewing the past 12 months and looking ahead at the workload in the next 24 months of my tenure, it is appropriate that I invest and dedicate all my time, energy and attention to one role from now on. Coaching is my passion and my ultimate objective remains to contribute to the development of players and help the side achieve bigger successes.

"When I was appointed last year, I was offered the coaching role first and then given the option to also head the selection committee, which I had graciously accepted. I am grateful to the Pakistan Cricket Board for their understanding and for supporting my thought process," he added.

Since Misbah took over both the roles, Pakistan featured in only two series, with moderate success. Bangladesh toured Pakistan in January 2020 and lost the three match T20I series 2-0. The Test series had to be called off after the first Test, which was won by Pakistan, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The Pakistan team received some flak when they toured England for the Test and T20I series as they lost the rain-marred Test series 1-0, while drawing the T20I series 1-1.

Misbah said he held meetings with the High Performance staff and Cricket Association coaches in the last two weeks which gave him the belief of a strong domestic system in place, and also provided him clarity over his decision to step down as chief selector. He added that working closely with the new chief selector after his appointment will be high on his agenda.

"I had been thinking about the demands and rigours of the dual roles for some time. The meetings with the National High Performance staff and the Cricket Association coaches in the past two weeks have provided me better clarity and helped me in my decision-making as I believe we now have a strong system in place.

"With the new Cricket Association system in full flow, the chief selector has to be able to watch as much domestic cricket as possible. With a big 24 months now coming up, we have mutually agreed that there is a need for me now to be fully focused on one role. I look forward to a strong working relationship with the new chair of the selection committee and hope together we will achieve our collective objectives," Misbah said.
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User

Re: Pakistan Cricket Thread (Misbah no longer have Voice in selection of pak team ) )

Post by Harmer »

Malik, Sarfaraz and Amir left out of limited overs series against Zimbabwe

October 19 2020

Shoaib Malik, Sarfaraz Ahmed and Mohammad Amir have been left out of the Zimbabwe series
Shoaib Malik, Sarfaraz Ahmed and Mohammad Amir have been left out of the Zimbabwe series
Pakistan have named uncapped Abdullah Shafiq in the 22-man probables list for the upcoming limited-overs series against Zimbabwe. Shoaib Malik, Sarfaraz Ahmed and Mohammad Amir have been left out.

Speaking on the selection, Misbah-ul-Haq, the head coach of Pakistan, said that he's kept "performance as the only criterion for selection" and assured that the "careers are not over by any means" for some of Pakistan's veteran players who have been left out.

Mohammad Hafeez and Wahab Riaz are the two senior players who have been retained for their "useful experience in the batting and bowling respectively, that will benefit the youngsters," Misbah said.

Shafiq, 20, plays for Central Punjab and recently finished as the seventh most successful batsman in the National T20 Cup. He scored 358 runs with a strike-rate of over 133 and even scored a hundred on his T20 debut, becoming only the second player in history to make a century on both his first-class and T20 debuts.

Rohail Nazir has been named as Mohammad Rizwan's back-up wicketkeeper while Sarfaraz was the back-up 'keeper in England.

"With an eye on future and as part of the succession plan, Rohail Nazir has been chosen as Rizwan's back-up wicketkeeper. Instead of Sarfaraz sitting on the substitute bench, it makes sense that he plays in the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy so that he retains his fitness and rediscovers form for the tour for the longer and more demanding tour of New Zealand," Misbah said.

"Abdullah Shafiq has been rewarded for his tremendous potential and performance. He has been identified as a future prospect and, therefore, drafted into the squad as part of his development," Misbah added. "Seniors like Shoaib Malik and Sarfaraz Ahmed have not been picked for this series, but I want to categorically state that their careers are not over by any means as performance remains the only criterion for selection. These are strategic decisions as Shoaib's absence will provide players like Abdullah Shafiq, Haider Ali and Khushdil Shah better chances of featuring in the upcoming matches.

"We have followed the same philosophy while leaving out Mohammad Amir and Usman Shinwari so that bowlers like Mohammad Hasnain, Musa Khan and Haris Rauf can get an extended run."

The probables will assemble in Lahore on October 21 for Covid-19 testing and will observe a five-day isolation period. During this period, they will play two 50-over matches at the Gaddafi Stadium before traveling to Rawalpindi on October 26. Pakistan play three ODIs against Zimbabwe starting October 30 before moving to Lahore for the three T20Is. The probables for that series will be shortlisted after the ODIs.

Probables list: Abdullah Shafiq, Abid Ali, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Haider Ali, Haris Sohail, Iftikhar Ahmed, Imam-ul-Haq, Khushdil Shah, Mohammad Hafeez, Mohammad Rizwan, Rohail Nazir, Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Usman Qadir, Zafar Gohar, Faheem Ashraf, Haris Rauf, Mohammad Hasnain, Musa Khan, Shaheen Shah, Wahab Riaz