This forum contains topics related to general cricket news
Harmer
VIP User
VIP User
India

Re: Sri Lankan Players pull out of Pakistan Tour

Post by Harmer » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 pm

Raja

If Imran interested in peace than he not say " we not attack with Time Bomb FIRST TIME".

So he wants Time bomb for sure later on.You Defend Pakistan anyway

Paddles
VIP User
VIP User
New Zealand

Post by Paddles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:29 am

squarecut wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:03 pm
since Paddles is so much in love with Pakistan, I think he should have no objection if New Zealand cricket team plays in Pakistan, under the famous presidential security of Pakistan. I wonder why New Zealand team is rather less enthusiastic to this idea though.
I'm not in love with Pakistan, I clearly said I think both India and Pakistan have stupid politics.

BOTH COUNTRIES ARE LOOSE CANNONS THAT ARE ENDANGERING THE NUCLEAR SECURITY OF THE PLANET!

Clear enough for you?

I never criticised the SL players for not going to Pakistan. I said, why didn't Pakistan simply use the UAE for the series instead of facing a weakened SL team?

I wrote that clearly. In the first post. Did you forget already? Have you got memory issues? I even talked about when NZ players came home from SL? Did you forget this already? Did I criticize NZ players for kipping those tours? No. Did I criticize SL players for skipping this tour? No.

Now why do you think I love Pakistan? Because I criticize India? I am criticizing BOTH countries. THROUGHOUT THIS THREAD. Both your countries' politics has been exceptionally stupid. You have been at war for 72 years, and your nuked up and soldiered up to the eyeballs, over a war neither will win, with a low standards of welfare in your country for the masses.

Warring with neighbors is STUPID. Has history not taught you this? France and Germany built an EU to get over their war history. UK joined it too. UK and Ireland found peace. USA and Mexico found peace. Warring with neighbors that you cannot takeover (not just win a war, but actually take over) is STUPID. Especially when they have nukes.

NOW DONT TRY TO STRAWMAN ME AGAIN,UNLESS YOU WANT ME TO QUESTION YOUR INTELLIGENCE.
Last edited by Paddles on Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paddles
VIP User
VIP User
New Zealand

Post by Paddles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:41 am

Harmer wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 pm
Raja

If Imran interested in peace than he not say " we not attack with Time Bomb FIRST TIME".

So he wants Time bomb for sure later on.You Defend Pakistan anyway
There is conventional warfare, and nuclear warfare. The Pakistan position is, they will not start a war with India. If India starts a war with Pakistan, they will not rule out first use of nukes. It basically says, you invade us, we nuke you. India then nuke Pakistan. And South East Asia gets blown off the planet, if the rest of planet still survives.

Paddles
VIP User
VIP User
New Zealand

Post by Paddles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:04 am

latecut wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:07 pm
Please be very happy and relieved that Pakistan is not a neighbour of New Zealand. Pakistan would have gobbled up New Zealand the way they gobbled up Balochistan (then an independent nation) at gun point. Then you would not be in this position to preach to India. They would have reduced New Zealand economy to the level of Afghanistan by now.
No. This would never have happened to NZ. NZ is a no nuke country, not even nuclear powered. No Nukes. It is ironic seeing a NZ'er was the first to split the atom. But NZ has always taken a more Scandinavian approach to security, even if they have Russia nearby. We use treaties and coalitions, and actively engage in intelligence services, and use mainstream global political forums to resolve issues. Scandinavia obviously has the EU and NATO.

So, we wouldn't have ever caused this arms race or war threat. And we would have cooled it down long ago, through intervening wider state actors. NZ has always collectively bargained its security. When there used to be a global threat, we were part of the British Empire. So Britain was our protector. When Britain started to withdraw from Asia, NZ treatied with the USA. Then in the 1980's we even broke away from that. And just said to the world, we're about nuclear peace. NZ didn't even support the Iraq War and in fact our then PM condemned it. We condemned French nuclear testing the in South Pacific.

Now what we do do here, as we are worried about terrorism, is intelligence work with UK, Aus (our neighbour), Can, and USA (neghbours). We use intelligence and shared resources and open communication to try and keep ourselves safe. Why don't you try this with Pakistan?

The Scandinavian model got them through the USSR, and they feel secure enough about Russia right now, that they're not losing sleep.

Its called Critical Security Studies, likened to collective security. China is never going to war with NZ. Yet we spy against them for the USA. China knows we do. They still like us. We have a love hate relationship economically and politically. They probably spy on us too. We have a love hate relationship with the USA too. Even with Australia on migration policies.

That's all countries need to avoid war or a war threat. Love hate, is better than hate. Don't nurture or encourage absolute hate. Leads to tension. And arms races. And skirmishes. And threats. And fear.

raja
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pakistan

Post by raja » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 am

Unlike NZ, Australia etc, India today is a country full of contradictions.

It aspires to be a world superpower, like the USA, economically and militarily.

But it has very real grassroot problems of malnutrition and poverty of millions.

It is not able to reconcile the two.

This angers many privileged Indians, who would just love to wish away India's grassroot reality - which they can't.

This also explains why privileged Indians have sheer contempt for the poor and marginalised in society.

They feel these people are pulling down the country, which could otherwise have been a world superpower by now.

Compassion, empathy, humanity - foundational values of a civilised society - are conspicuously absent in India today.

Everyone is caught up in this "world superpower" mindset - G7, G8, G20, whatever.

And then, when you find things not working out at your pace to become this world superpower, you begin to lash out, to vent your frustrations.

Till a few years ago, you used to lash out at the then govt.

But in the last few years, as nationalism has exploded (and most Indians conflate the govt with the country), a new bogey has been found : Pakistan.

So Indians today keep bashing Pakistan left and right.

It is a very easy target - their economy is in terrible shape, and there's a lot in Pakistan going wrong.

So Indians get a lot of schadenfreude by rejoicing at Pakistan's misery.

How anyone can enjoy another's suffering, I find hard to understand.

But I guess that's what hate does to you.

raja
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pakistan

Post by raja » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:05 am

NZ, Australia, Canada, even countries in the EU - these don't aspire to be world superpowers.
They just want to provide a good standard of living for their citizens, and a safe living environment for them.
They focus on wealth creation and equitable wealth distribution, so that all, or at least a maximum number of citizens benefit.

For this to happen, peace is absolutely essential.
Within the country, and in relation to others it interacts with.

So they make efforts to establish this peace.

This is what enlightened societies do.

You don't have to be a world superpower to have a prosperous and peaceful society.

I wish Indians could understand this.

Paddles
VIP User
VIP User
New Zealand

Post by Paddles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:48 am

raja wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:05 am
NZ, Australia, Canada, even countries in the EU - these don't aspire to be world superpowers.
They just want to provide a good standard of living for their citizens, and a safe living environment for them.
They focus on wealth creation and equitable wealth distribution, so that all, or at least a maximum number of citizens benefit.

For this to happen, peace is absolutely essential.
Within the country, and in relation to others it interacts with.

So they make efforts to establish this peace.

This is what enlightened societies do.

You don't have to be a world superpower to have a prosperous and peaceful society.

I wish Indians could understand this.
Wow raja, I knew you were sharp, but you're really in tune with non US Anglo culture. This is exactly what Canada and NZ do.

Britain no longer wants to be a superpower. Hasn't since the Suez. It just wants to be entirely secure. And it is. They know it too, that is why they are happy to leave the EU now. Cos the Nato and EU arm alliances wills tay in tact, and Britain has 5 eyes with the USA as well to boot. They have nuclear subs all over the globe armed at every second of the day. And the whole world knows it. They don't even want a fight with non nuclear Ireland. But invade them at your peril.

Paddles
VIP User
VIP User
New Zealand

Post by Paddles » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:58 am

raja wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 am

But it has very real grassroot problems of malnutrition and poverty of millions.

This angers many privileged Indians, who would just love to wish away India's grassroot reality - which they can't.

This also explains why privileged Indians have sheer contempt for the poor and marginalised in society.

They feel these people are pulling down the country, which could otherwise have been a world superpower by now.

Compassion, empathy, humanity - foundational values of a civilised society - are conspicuously absent in India today.

Everyone is caught up in this "world superpower" mindset - G7, G8, G20, whatever.

And then, when you find things not working out at your pace to become this world superpower, you begin to lash out, to vent your frustrations.

But in the last few years, as nationalism has exploded (and most Indians conflate the govt with the country), a new bogey has been found : Pakistan.

It is a very easy target - their economy is in terrible shape, and there's a lot in Pakistan going wrong.

India started the game too late. Arguably China started late too, but China had Japan to fund its factories privately, while complaining about them publicly. The real global strength now is the EU which still lets USA think they're in the lead.

Yes Russia has an army, Japan an economy, USA has both, but the EU is the real emerging power now. And they are peaceful for the most part. But you don't need to be a member to feel secure by them, UK will leave them, and keep NATO commitments.

I agree with you raja, India should care more about its people, than its world power standing. Cos the Anglo world will not RESPECT India, until it provides a decent standard of living and good basic welfare for its people. It just won't.

And India is certainly not getting into being a UN legitimised superpower when it keeps fighting with Pakistan. It just won't happen. Not even China, who still moans about Taiwan, is going to let them in. NOT EVEN CHINA.

But in the Anglo non USA world, we don't care where our countries rank. You nailed it. We just want a good life for our citizens and for them to feel secure.

USA is different. They like to think they lead the world. They have a gun problem at home they do not solve. Can, Aus, UK and NZ shake our heads at them over this in a big way.

The problem is young countries aspire to power. Old countries just want security and comfort. USA was a young country, who saw themselves ruled by Britain. NZ, Can and Aus, we saw ourselves until after WW2 as British. NZ just voted to keep the Union Jack, we still see ourselves as Brit colonials. Aussie has a penal colony dichotomy which is different. But even they said in the 1950s through their pm "we're british to the bootstraps".

India, USA and Pak did not. Current China was formed after WW2. So are current Pak and India. I don't care about the land or the people history, I mean the soveregin nations not called the British Raj.

Aus has started going more the USA route, but they're common sense enough to know their best interests. Aussies respect the value of a dollar, and they don't waste them too much. I don't foresee Aus going at odds with UK or NZ any time soon in a militant sense. Just wouldn't happen in this lifetime. I don't even foresee the USA ever closing in on Britain or NZ. We're just too connected. We shake our heads, we get annoyed and irritated, but there's too much that connects than divides to fight over to the death.

Harmer
VIP User
VIP User
India

Post by Harmer » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:13 am

raja wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:55 am

Raja
Above post very good, my family read your post.

squarecut
India

Post by squarecut » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:15 pm

A fresh information, that terror attacks may actually take place on touring Sri Lankan cricket team has been received.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/receive ... rd-2099446

COLOMBO: Sri Lanka's cricket board said Wednesday it had received warnings its national team could be the target of a terror attack during an upcoming tour of Pakistan.
Sri Lankan Prime Minister's Office had received "reliable information of a possible terrorist threat" against the national squad ahead of the six-match limited overs tour, the board said.

Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) stopped short of calling off the tour, but said a reassessment of the security situation would be sought from Sri Lankan government authorities.

The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said it was not aware of any information relating to the safety of the Sri Lankan team, but reiterated its committment to provide security.

"We have seen the SLC statement, but are not privy to any information or intelligence report relating to safety of the SL team," the PCB said on Twitter.

"The PCB reiterates its commitment to provide complete safety and security to the SL side and in this relation will continue to work with the SLC."

The Sri Lanka team was the target of an attack during a Test match in Pakistan's Lahore in March 2009. Six Sri Lankan players were injured when gunmen attacked their bus. Six Pakistan policemen and two civilians were killed.

Ten senior players have already opted out of the tour citing security concerns.

Sri Lanka played one T20 match against Pakistan at Lahore in October 2017.

The latest statement from Sri Lanka Cricket came a short while after the board announced two squads for the three One-Day Internationals and the three T20 matches starting September 27.

Since the 2009 attack, a majority of international teams have refused to tour the South Asian country.