Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

User avatar
Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
Posts: 11132
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:32 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
United Kingdom

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Boycs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:26 am

Misty wrote:
raja wrote:Yes, BCCI won in the West Indies. Mighty opposition.
They won a Test at Lord's last time but were roundly thrashed in the series, much like SA this year.

In fact, the last time BCCI won a series in England was when Dravid's team sneaked a 1-0 win in 2007 (they were lucky to get away with a draw in the first Test).

After that, they were thrashed, humiliated, whipped, flogged, smashed, crushed 0-4 in the 4-Test series in 2011.
Only Dravid came out of that series with his reputation intact.

They then toured Australia and were thrashed 0-4 in the 4-Test series.
Again, thrashed, humiliated, etc etc
That was when Clarke got his triple hundred, even Punter (totally out of form) came back into form to join the whipping.

When they toured England in 2014, they fared a bit better - winning the Lord's Test (thanks to Bhuvaneshwar Kumar, Rahane, Ishant and some terrible 4th-innings batting by England). But they were thrashed, humiliated etc etc in the other 3 Tests.

When they toured Australia last year, they did marginally better than the previous time - but were still thrashed, humiliated etc etc, running into a rampaging Steve Smith.

Somewhere in between, they also toured South Africa and lost the series there.

Then there was the series in NZ - where McCullum got that 302 and thwarted their hopes of a series win.

So now they know their limits. They're happy to tour the West Indies and Sri Lanka. Beat these ragged sides and claim to have won "overseas".

I'd love to see BCCI tour England. Let's see how many records Ashwin & Kohli break there.

Recently India trashed England in india, so we become number one but England
Only SHINES IN ENGLAND otherwise they act Rabbit in any format anywhere


Apart from the last time they were in South Africa, 2010/11 in australia, 2012 in india....

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Zimbabwe

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Misty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:29 am

Ash need 9 more to break Lillee's 300 in 56 test
Ash 292 off 52 test ( including 3 test in SL 2017)

ASHWIN , Jadeja and. Shami rested for Limited over matches coming up in srilanka

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Zimbabwe

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Misty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:55 am

7 th time in history of cricket home team white wash 3/0

Man of Match : Hardik Pandya
Man of Series : Shikher Dhawan

Dhawan says I was in Hongkong enjoying my vacation I received phone call
Indian opener Vijay injured so I have to open in Test.

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27779
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby raja » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:47 pm

I guess I must go through the motions and congratulate the bullies for winning this.
You can only play the opposition in front of you, but a win in Sri Lanka in the days of Murali, Jayasuriya and Sanga was still a reasonable achievement, if not a great one. This one feels hollow to me.
Anyway, congratulations, Misty and all others super-excited by this 3-0 series win.

When BCCI win a Test series in England in swing conditions, against a quality attack, I'll applaud.
If I don't, please remind me. :grin:

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27779
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby raja » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Boycs wrote:
Misty wrote:Recently India trashed England in india, so we become number one but England
Only SHINES IN ENGLAND otherwise they act Rabbit in any format anywhere


Apart from the last time they were in South Africa, 2010/11 in australia, 2012 in india....


Exactly.

England WON a series in South Africa on their last tour there, Misty.
Remember Stokes thrashing the living daylights out of the SA quicks?

And, though they lost their recent series in India, they did win the series on their previous tour.

So, to say England shines only in England, is incorrect.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Zimbabwe

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Misty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:59 pm

remember those 7 white wash in the cricket test history


THEIR OWN COUNTRY
England is only country who lost test series IN ENGLAND 5 /0 VS WI 1984

User avatar
Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
Posts: 11132
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:32 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
United Kingdom

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Boycs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Well statistically England play more tests in England than other nations do so if someone was going to suffer a 5:0 white wash in England it was likely to be England.

And in 1984 I don't think you can be blamed for going down five-nil against the West Indies. Katto mentioned going down 3:0 to them in Australia that year too. And if it had been a five test series maybe it would have been 5:0 :P

No shame in it, Australia! You're human too!

User avatar
Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
Posts: 11132
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:32 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
United Kingdom

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Boycs » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:02 pm

If you had to pick a team of players who were so good they surely had to be from another planet, who would you choose?

I'd look to include some of those ridiculous polymath and poly-athletic people from the turn of the century like CB Fry. And the Don. And maybe Murali for the eyes and hypo extension.

Maybe Paul Adams as clearly the tiny alien inside that brain kept falling out of his chair during his bowling action

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Zimbabwe

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Misty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:17 pm

raja wrote:I guess I must go through the motions and congratulate the bullies for winning this.
You can only play the opposition in front of you, but a win in Sri Lanka in the days of Murali, Jayasuriya and Sanga was still a reasonable achievement, if not a great one. This one feels hollow to me.
Anyway, congratulations, Misty and all others super-excited by this 3-0 series win.

When BCCI win a Test series in England in swing conditions, against a quality attack, I'll applaud.
If I don't, please remind me. :grin:


You should not say anything giving example of only eng.condition,NZ,Australia,WI and elsewhere under swing condition other country including India perform and also wins.

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27779
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby raja » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:33 pm

Misty wrote:
raja wrote:I guess I must go through the motions and congratulate the bullies for winning this.
You can only play the opposition in front of you, but a win in Sri Lanka in the days of Murali, Jayasuriya and Sanga was still a reasonable achievement, if not a great one. This one feels hollow to me.
Anyway, congratulations, Misty and all others super-excited by this 3-0 series win.

When BCCI win a Test series in England in swing conditions, against a quality attack, I'll applaud.
If I don't, please remind me. :grin:


You should not say anything giving example of only eng.condition,NZ,Australia,WI and elsewhere under swing condition other country including India perform and also wins.


I specifically say England, because they have the bowlers too to exploit those swing conditions.
BCCI is pathetic when they come up against those bowlers.
Kohli, for starters.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 4153
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:13 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Zimbabwe

Re: Srilanka vs India 3rd Test :Aug 12-16,2017 at Pallekele

Postby Misty » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:32 pm

So women cricket stays at live games for nothing