England vs South Africa: 1st Test; July 6-10, 2017 at Lords

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: England vs South Africa: 1st Test; July 6-10, 2017 at Lords

Postby Paddles » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:48 pm

What was beefy on the 2k runs and 100wicjets?
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:34 pm

TheUNIS
31 not out

SOA 168 for 4

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Paddles wrote:What was beefy on the 2k runs and 100wicjets?

Yes I was wondering that. I'd wager botham had many more wickets by the time he reached 2000 runs.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:07 pm

Tony Greig took 100 wickets and 2000 runs milestone in 37 test while Mo did in 38 test but I think if Proteas must need TheUNIS (46 not out, tidy with the ball ) same as England must need MO, although I am his worst critics,same as raja, for BCCI

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:10 pm

Boycs wrote:

Yes I was wondering that. I'd wager botham had many more wickets by the time he reached 2000 runs.

Botham was one of rarest and greatest England allrounder, no doubt about that.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:35 pm

214/5 at end of day's play.

England at home are really good. There's always someone putting his hand up for them.
Often goes by the name of Moeen Ali.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:56 pm

42 Tests.

Considering Moeen doesn't get much of a bowl (he'd bowled just 6666 deliveries before this Test), it's quite an achievement.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-s ... 09686.html

"4 Number of players to make 2000 runs and take 100 wickets in fewer Tests than Moeen Ali. Shakib Al Hasan is the quickest to the milestone - achieved in 31 Tests - followed by Trevor Goddard (36), and Keith Miller and Tony Greig who completed the double in 38 Tests each. Moeen's bowling average is the second worst among the 28 players to have achieved this feat, and in terms of difference between batting and bowling averages, Moeen is placed seventh. However, he reached the landmark in fewer Tests than greats like Ian Botham, Garry Sobers and Imran Khan."

Interestingly, they're talking about bowling average, not about Strike Rate.

I consider Strike Rate to be far more important in Tests. These guys who produce stats are robots!

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:20 pm

Nasser is commentating on the t20 now and has said that rabada has been fined for a confrontation with stokes?

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Ah more than fined he's out of the second Test!

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:35 pm

ELGAR 5 test match 50 in 10 test innings in 2017
Something

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:39 pm

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-s ... 09703.html
Such a Idiots!!
He not doing much, I wish Tahir makes it in the SOUTHAFRICAN test team but they have Andy who can do better with both.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:29 pm

raja wrote:

42 Tests.

Considering Moeen doesn't get much of a bowl (he'd bowled just 6666 deliveries before this Test), it's quite an achievement.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/england-v-s ... 09686.html

"4 Number of players to make 2000 runs and take 100 wickets in fewer Tests than Moeen Ali. Shakib Al Hasan is the quickest to the milestone - achieved in 31 Tests - followed by Trevor Goddard (36), and Keith Miller and Tony Greig who completed the double in 38 Tests each. Moeen's bowling average is the second worst among the 28 players to have achieved this feat, and in terms of difference between batting and bowling averages, Moeen is placed seventh. However, he reached the landmark in fewer Tests than greats like Ian Botham, Garry Sobers and Imran Khan."

Interestingly, they're talking about bowling average, not about Strike Rate.

I consider Strike Rate to be far more important in Tests. These guys who produce stats are robots!

A fast strike rate is much better for the team than a slow sr, but runs given away are still runs given away.

Sobers didn't bowl as much as many believe and Khan took a while to get going with the bat as Pakistan were so excited to have their first express bowler.
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

squarecut
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby squarecut » Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:10 am

Botham completed the double of 1000 runs and 100 wickets in his 21st test (the fastest to this double). He completed the double of 2000 runs and 200 wickets in his 42nd test (the fastest to this double).

Moeen Ali is more of a batting allrounder in comparison who has scored 2000 runs plus 100 wickets in 38 tests. That way he is somewhat like Ravi Shashtri.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:04 am

I bet Shastri wasn't their main spinner though

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:40 am

squarecut wrote:Botham completed the double of 1000 runs and 100 wickets in his 21st test (the fastest to this double). He completed the double of 2000 runs and 200 wickets in his 42nd test (the fastest to this double).

Moeen Ali is more of a batting allrounder in comparison who has scored 2000 runs plus 100 wickets in 38 tests. That way he is somewhat like Ravi Shashtri.

Good comments, probably Ravi took 150 wickets in his career or 3800 test runs

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:50 am

Boycs wrote:I bet Shastri wasn't their main spinner though

151 test wickets in 80 test but yes others were main spinning option for India on Indian wicket.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:13 am

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/9567 ... -whats-not

Moeen Ali and a career of what's not

Moeen Ali took his 100th Test wicket on the same day he racked up 2000 Test runs.

It was just after 4pm when Moeen Ali took his 100th Test wicket, having Dean Elgar, well set on 54, caught at short-leg. Earlier in the day, Moeen had scored his 2,000th Test match run during a vital innings of 87. This is only his 38th Test, which makes him the second fastest England all-rounder to reach this double - behind only Tony Greig and four matches quicker than Sir Ian Botham - and the fifth fastest of any Test all-rounder, beating the great Sir Garry Sobers

It is quite an achievement for a cricketer who is often criticised for what he cannot offer rather than what he can. Before this match, Joe Root said: "Moeen is very aware that he is one of our best batters and his bowling can be an add-on to that." Yet often, the off-spinner has been England's lone frontline slow bowler, expected to play the role that Graeme Swann did so successfully; namely, contain and take hatfuls of wickets. Moeen is not there yet and will probably never get there.

A bowling average in Test cricket of over 40 tells its own story - this is a bowler who remains a work in progress - and he struggled in India during the winter (10 wickets at 64.90) as many spin bowlers do but only six other English off-spinners have taken 100 Test wickets or more. If he stays fit and in form, you'd bet on Moeen getting close to 200 Test victims.

How does he feel about the milestone and those he was quicker than? "In my garden, I was better than Garry Sobers," Moeen joked after play. "I'm just pleased to have played so many Test matches. I never thought I'd ever have a hundred Test wickets. I feel a big part of the team and I know I'm a little bit inconsistent still but I feel like I can change games." The wickets, he said, made him happiest.

Today, he bowled excellently during the afternoon and evening to finish with 2 for 35 from 13 overs. He probably should have bowled more. Moeen found plenty of turn, bowled a good pace - not too quick but neither too slow - combined with a nice loop, something he had been working on with England's spin coach Saqlain Mushtaq before the day's play, and an attacking line just outside off-stump. "I'm just trying to be as consistent as I can as to where I want to land it and try to hold my action," Moeen said.

Moeen dismisses good players, as the wickets of Elgar and Hashim Amla proved here, and those of Australia's Steve Smith, India's Virat Kohli and Pakistan's Younis Khan, fine players of spin all three, in the past. He can often be expensive because he has not bowled the overs for Worcestershire to help develop and improve his consistency. At the age of 30, he has bowled just 1,800 overs in first-class cricket. By contrast, Swann, who retired when 35, bowled 8,000 red-ball overs in total.

Even now, as part of England's squads in all three formats, Moeen plays little Championship cricket and is an inexperienced spin bowler. He is very unlikely to win England as many games of cricket as Swann did but Moeen can and does contribute with the ball. His next four or five years should be his best as a bowler, too.

A new role as an attacking spinner could help. "Rooty wants me to attack a bit more as a bowler," he said. "It's a mindset change that when I come on, he wants me to take wickets and not worry too much about runs. I think that will help me. I think, at times, I tried to keep my economy and stuff down [over the past year] and I feel like I learnt a lot but you're not really thinking how to get the batsman out doing that."

Moeen's runs are all the more impressive because he has been shunted up and down the batting order. He has batted in every position from 1 to 9 during his Test career and ended England's last series in India batting at four. The very next Test here at Lord's, he is at seven.

It cannot be easy having to constantly adjust but Moeen is not one to complain and agitate. A finer team player you will not see. For now, Root has told him he will bat at seven. "I'm pretty happy with that, being clear with my role. At number seven, you still have that batter's mind-set and I want to be that dangerous player there," he said.

Moeen is an attacking player by nature suited to the middle order and taking advantage of tiring attacks, as he did in conjunction with Root on the first evening here, but also good enough to face the second new ball. He can struggle with the short ball at times but is working hard to improve - the day before this Test he underwent a long net session with England's coaches hurling balls halfway down the pitch at him - which means a top order berth is unsuitable.

Last summer against Pakistan, Moeen admitted he had been "embarrassed" by a poor shot at Lord's when England were trying to save the game. It was not the first such error in judgement he had made during his Test career and pressure was starting to build. "That was when I realised I had to bat properly again," he said then. "I was sick and tired of not scoring many runs for England. It had been a bit embarrassing."

Since that second innings at Lord's, he has scored three hundreds and five half-centuries, including this one which helped move England from a perilous 190-5 to a commanding 413-8 when he was dismissed. Moeen averages 47.75 in that time. As Root said earlier this week, Moeen is one of England's best seven batsman and is an improving Test match player. "I just play my natural way and on instinct," Moeen said today. "Pressure? It's just a game of cricket. It's not real pressure. As long as I prepare well, I'm happy."

Yet many would still deride Moeen for what he is not. Undoubtedly, his versatility has made things tough for him. Clearly, he is not a world-class spinner and he is neither a top four Test batsman. Yet he is judged as if he should be both, at the same time. Not many in the history of the game have been able to do that but Moeen is judged that way because he can sometimes look the part. Sometimes he can't.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:19 am

Steady start by SA on day 3
227 for 6, Rabada dismissed for 27 by Dawson.T.Bavuma 50*

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:49 am

Dawson and Ali pick up one wicket each in the morning session to tighten the screws on South Africa. Bavuma and rabada both gone

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:51 am

248/7 suckas!

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:52 am

With that third wicket for Moeen raja will be going nuts :D

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:00 am

Going south will be more Nutty to know that, he no longer deleting updates of Zimbabwe/Srilanka because were posted by Boycaught30 and Raja.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:01 am

congratulations to Mo on breaking Gary Sobers record

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:11 am

Misty wrote:http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/95675/moeen-ali-and-a-career-of-whats-not

Moeen Ali and a career of what's not

Moeen Ali took his 100th Test wicket on the same day he racked up 2000 Test runs.

It was just after 4pm when Moeen Ali took his 100th Test wicket, having Dean Elgar, well set on 54, caught at short-leg. Earlier in the day, Moeen had scored his 2,000th Test match run during a vital innings of 87. This is only his 38th Test, which makes him the second fastest England all-rounder to reach this double - behind only Tony Greig and four matches quicker than Sir Ian Botham - and the fifth fastest of any Test all-rounder, beating the great Sir Garry Sobers

It is quite an achievement for a cricketer who is often criticised for what he cannot offer rather than what he can. Before this match, Joe Root said: "Moeen is very aware that he is one of our best batters and his bowling can be an add-on to that." Yet often, the off-spinner has been England's lone frontline slow bowler, expected to play the role that Graeme Swann did so successfully; namely, contain and take hatfuls of wickets. Moeen is not there yet and will probably never get there.

A bowling average in Test cricket of over 40 tells its own story - this is a bowler who remains a work in progress - and he struggled in India during the winter (10 wickets at 64.90) as many spin bowlers do but only six other English off-spinners have taken 100 Test wickets or more. If he stays fit and in form, you'd bet on Moeen getting close to 200 Test victims.

How does he feel about the milestone and those he was quicker than? "In my garden, I was better than Garry Sobers," Moeen joked after play. "I'm just pleased to have played so many Test matches. I never thought I'd ever have a hundred Test wickets. I feel a big part of the team and I know I'm a little bit inconsistent still but I feel like I can change games." The wickets, he said, made him happiest.

Today, he bowled excellently during the afternoon and evening to finish with 2 for 35 from 13 overs. He probably should have bowled more. Moeen found plenty of turn, bowled a good pace - not too quick but neither too slow - combined with a nice loop, something he had been working on with England's spin coach Saqlain Mushtaq before the day's play, and an attacking line just outside off-stump. "I'm just trying to be as consistent as I can as to where I want to land it and try to hold my action," Moeen said.

Moeen dismisses good players, as the wickets of Elgar and Hashim Amla proved here, and those of Australia's Steve Smith, India's Virat Kohli and Pakistan's Younis Khan, fine players of spin all three, in the past. He can often be expensive because he has not bowled the overs for Worcestershire to help develop and improve his consistency. At the age of 30, he has bowled just 1,800 overs in first-class cricket. By contrast, Swann, who retired when 35, bowled 8,000 red-ball overs in total.

Even now, as part of England's squads in all three formats, Moeen plays little Championship cricket and is an inexperienced spin bowler. He is very unlikely to win England as many games of cricket as Swann did but Moeen can and does contribute with the ball. His next four or five years should be his best as a bowler, too.

A new role as an attacking spinner could help. "Rooty wants me to attack a bit more as a bowler," he said. "It's a mindset change that when I come on, he wants me to take wickets and not worry too much about runs. I think that will help me. I think, at times, I tried to keep my economy and stuff down [over the past year] and I feel like I learnt a lot but you're not really thinking how to get the batsman out doing that."

Moeen's runs are all the more impressive because he has been shunted up and down the batting order. He has batted in every position from 1 to 9 during his Test career and ended England's last series in India batting at four. The very next Test here at Lord's, he is at seven.

It cannot be easy having to constantly adjust but Moeen is not one to complain and agitate. A finer team player you will not see. For now, Root has told him he will bat at seven. "I'm pretty happy with that, being clear with my role. At number seven, you still have that batter's mind-set and I want to be that dangerous player there," he said.

Moeen is an attacking player by nature suited to the middle order and taking advantage of tiring attacks, as he did in conjunction with Root on the first evening here, but also good enough to face the second new ball. He can struggle with the short ball at times but is working hard to improve - the day before this Test he underwent a long net session with England's coaches hurling balls halfway down the pitch at him - which means a top order berth is unsuitable.

Last summer against Pakistan, Moeen admitted he had been "embarrassed" by a poor shot at Lord's when England were trying to save the game. It was not the first such error in judgement he had made during his Test career and pressure was starting to build. "That was when I realised I had to bat properly again," he said then. "I was sick and tired of not scoring many runs for England. It had been a bit embarrassing."

Since that second innings at Lord's, he has scored three hundreds and five half-centuries, including this one which helped move England from a perilous 190-5 to a commanding 413-8 when he was dismissed. Moeen averages 47.75 in that time. As Root said earlier this week, Moeen is one of England's best seven batsman and is an improving Test match player. "I just play my natural way and on instinct," Moeen said today. "Pressure? It's just a game of cricket. It's not real pressure. As long as I prepare well, I'm happy."

Yet many would still deride Moeen for what he is not. Undoubtedly, his versatility has made things tough for him. Clearly, he is not a world-class spinner and he is neither a top four Test batsman. Yet he is judged as if he should be both, at the same time. Not many in the history of the game have been able to do that but Moeen is judged that way because he can sometimes look the part. Sometimes he can't.

Nice write-up. Read it from beginning to end.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:12 am

Boycs wrote:With that third wicket for Moeen raja will be going nuts :D

:up:

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:18 am

Sobers, Botham, Imran, Flintoff, Broad, Stokes definitely in a different league.
Moeen is certainly not in this league right now - regardless of his 38-Test 2000/100 achievement.

As for me, I'm just happy that at least people are noticing Moeen now.
It's taken a while for him to get recognition at all.

Reading that he's getting coaching from Saqlain is very heartening.
If his bowling improves, he could be that front-line spinner England has been searching for, since Swann.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Match heading for Draw, no way England can win unless they have Younger work force in bowling department.

English spinners are no longer Match winner like Underwood or Swaan on day 5 wicket.I think SA wasting QDE K AT NUMBER 8.he should bats at top on track like Lords
Last edited by Misty on Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:23 pm

I think England are going to sweep this series.
South Africa are very overrated on back of a series win in Australia against a demoralised, poorly selected and not very talented squad.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Katto wrote:I think England are going to sweep this series.
South Africa are very overrated on back of a series win in Australia against a demoralised, poorly selected and not very talented squad.

Agree.
This is a very weak SA side, especially their batting.
Amla is in decline.
ABDV's absence is going to hurt them hugely.
The likes of Elgar, Duminy and Bavuma just don't cut it.
They're average - not good enough to pose imposing scores for SA, like Smith, Amla & ABDV used to do.

SA's bowling is ok - but their catching let them down badly. Root was lucky on more than one occasion - and made them pay.

Overall, England should be aiming for a 5-0.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:53 pm

Katto wrote:I think England are going to sweep this series.

ENg were 76 for 4 at one stage, they will surely beaten in the next unless top order makes 70% of their runs in the first innings of second test.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:25 pm

Cook ticking. Five boundaries off 37 balls.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:38 pm

I think last 3/4 overs will be doubtful coz of lights so England must need to declares before tea on day 4,sunday, probably if QDK open on day 4 after tea, SA has chance to win test here.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:45 pm

I am dying to see COOK 51 NOT OUT than jumps to 54 or 56 not out because @51*, his Aggregates will be 11111 test runs

He is on 42*

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Scoring rate has dropped to the speed of an aging slugs bowel movements.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:56 pm

And Jennings has gone. Momentum went.

80/1.

I want a Cook century!

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:58 pm

So ends of Hammed for a while

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:00 pm

Boycs wrote:And Jennings has gone. Momentum went.

80/1.

I want a Cook century!

What you think root sets the target? 350?

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:06 pm

Without Philander this attack looks pathetic.
Keshav Maharaj might have started off well in his career but he's no Moeen.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:45 pm

Morkel has something to him in his physicality but I often felt that when people get too tall and lanky they can't bring their bodies into full coordination like a more proportioned person. Joel Garner being an exception.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Misty wrote:
Boycs wrote:And Jennings has gone. Momentum went.

80/1.

I want a Cook century!

What you think root sets the target? 350?

I think closer to 400, especially if the wicket is still good for batting.
They already have a lead of 216, so getting another 184 isn't a big deal. A matter of 35 over or so, probably even less.

South Africa's goose is cooked.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:56 pm

Goose is cooked but hey
How is weather? Other day ROOTY missed by 10 runs I wish Cook hits 41 more, last time he hits ton in india.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:58 pm

Tomorrow Gayle and Marlon playing vs India.They have outstanding record vs India 4/2 victory in t20 in last few matches over all.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:09 pm

http://m.cricbuzz.com/cricket-news/9570 ... h-anderson
"'Pitch is not doing much' ''but we doing good so far''
J.Anderson

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:24 am

raja wrote:This guy Root is a run machine.
Hundred on debut, rescues England time and again.

249/5 now.
Valuable 56 frm Stokes.

Moeen Ali in a useful partnership with Root.

Root is a run machine and what a debut as skipper but in his own words "luck was on my side today". It sure was had Duminy snaffled a head higher England would have been in diabolical trouble at 4 down for under 100. Had the sub fielder been a metre further back Root would have top edged a hook down his throat.

Later Root fell to spin only to have the umpire no ball the bowler.. a slow bowler taking a wicket on a no ball.. a cardinal sin.. Anyway the new England captain survived and now has the Poms in the box seat with a 216 run lead and 9 wickets in hand...

squarecut
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby squarecut » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:39 am

England will win this test comfortably if weather does not intervene.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:35 am

I will be pleased if balance gets a score I always quite liked him even when he was so out of form to be probably the worst looking batsman I've ever seen

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:46 am

Cooks gone for 69.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:48 am

But who does that bring to the crease?

Root, that's who.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:51 am

69 x 2 always fun for Ladies but hey its happen, other day ROOTY missed by just BIG_TEN.
England need Quick runs : July 9, BOTHAM smashed 209 in 220 balls in test.

119 in 51 overs,soooo slow

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:00 am

Balance gone now, so much for that.

Root has come out looking busy. Need some quicker scoring now. Plus now bairstow is in.