Steven Finn
Alex Hales
Liam Plunkett
Adil Rashid
Joe Root
Jason Roy
David Willey
Mark Wood
Last edited by Misty on Wed May 03, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
United Kingdom

Re: Ireland v England, 2 ODIs May 2017

Postby Boycs » Wed May 03, 2017 12:19 pm

Will England be putting out a full team then? I assume Stokes, Butler et al will still be at the IPL?

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Wed May 03, 2017 12:52 pm

BoyCaught30 wrote:Will England be putting out a full team then? I assume Stokes, Butler et al will still be at the IPL?

James Whitaker and Root plus Morgan wants all important player stick to IPL such as butler, stokes but Roy will return to Surrey after may 7 ODI vs Ireland.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Wed May 03, 2017 12:57 pm

So it will be a B team that England put out.

They must have a squad announced somewhere if the first ones on Friday

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Wed May 03, 2017 1:01 pm

WOAKES WILL STAYS in India too.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Wed May 03, 2017 1:02 pm

BoyCaught30 wrote:So it will be a B team that England put out.

I post the squad, here it is in subject

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Wed May 03, 2017 1:15 pm

Half an A team like NZ playing in Ireland vs host and Bangladesh. These games are very important for depth players. NZ w/o KW and Guptill is weak, ditto w/o Boult, Southee, Anderson, McClenahan, Henry, Fergusson, Milne et al - but a great chance for Kuggeleijn, Worker and Munro to show their wares with regulars like Taylor and Santner.

I like these games, as long as the NZ still wins most of them. If we start losing series - I will want a stronger squad sent in time.
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Wed May 03, 2017 1:20 pm

Dose not matter whom England selected Ireland will be beaten 2/0 in England plus NZ will be champion in tri series coming up Vs ban and Ireland

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed May 03, 2017 2:30 pm

Paddles wrote:NZ w/o KW and Guptill is weak, ditto w/o Boult, Southee, Anderson, McClenahan, Henry, Fergusson, Milne et al - but a great chance for Kuggeleijn, Worker and Munro to show their wares with regulars like Taylor and Santner.

I like these games, as long as the NZ still wins most of them. If we start losing series - I will want a stronger squad sent in time.

See. IPL helps. Others get exposure. Win win.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Wed May 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Going South wrote:
Paddles wrote:NZ w/o KW and Guptill is weak, ditto w/o Boult, Southee, Anderson, McClenahan, Henry, Fergusson, Milne et al - but a great chance for Kuggeleijn, Worker and Munro to show their wares with regulars like Taylor and Santner.

See. IPL helps. Others get exposure. Win win.

Agreed - except when we get a May tour of England :(

Or possibly April West Indies if they ever get good again.

Many of us want a best of best tournament. Until IPL or Natwest or BBL lifts foreign quotas - icc events are the closest we get. But I'm all for next tier players getting intl televised opportunities at a decent level of cricket be it in IPL, BBL, Natwest or in Ireland.
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed May 03, 2017 5:27 pm

Yes. Privately run T20 is the savior for cricketers. ICC did zilch for cricketers for the last 50 years. Nothing.
Today even though your own country ditched you through selectors playing favorites you can still have confidence and continue improving your game and continue playing cricket in hopes that one of those T20 teams pick you, your life would be set. You make it big once, get fame, money follows. Who needs ICC? In one month you can earn what ICC/boards pay you for year long cricket. I want to see more and more private cricket clubs sprout all over the world each having their own exclusive stadium. Pick a city, built a cricket stadium (or adopt) and you have a T20 team from that city. Let it travel to any other such city start playing T20. Who needs ICC or country specific boards? "I"
Make NFL style club member owned T20 group that play among themselves. No boards. No ICC. ENOUGH monkeying.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Wed May 03, 2017 6:20 pm

The financial security of an IPL contract would be a wonderful reward for so many cricketers out there who don't have the luxury of top flight international ability. Someone like tymal mills isn't going to be a 75 tests centrally contracted England player, but his future and that of his family's is secure through his skills at the IPL

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Ireland v England, 2 ODIs May 2017

Postby Going South » Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 pm

Hyderabad loves the Afghan players for sunrisers. We can expect more Afghan players playing IPL next season. If we take 2 such for each team you get an internationally skilled Afghan team there itself that can be moulded to play other forms of cricket too. That country sure need a good international sporting team and cricket is the answer.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Wed May 03, 2017 10:34 pm

Going South wrote:Yes. Privately run T20 is the savior for cricketers. ICC did zilch for cricketers for the last 50 years. Nothing.
Today even though your own country ditched you through selectors playing favorites you can still have confidence and continue improving your game and continue playing cricket in hopes that one of those T20 teams pick you, your life would be set. You make it big once, get fame, money follows. Who needs ICC? In one month you can earn what ICC/boards pay you for year long cricket. I want to see more and more private cricket clubs sprout all over the world each having their own exclusive stadium. Pick a city, built a cricket stadium (or adopt) and you have a T20 team from that city. Let it travel to any other such city start playing T20. Who needs ICC or country specific boards? "I"
Make NFL style club member owned T20 group that play among themselves. No boards. No ICC. ENOUGH monkeying.

Yeah - this myopic view totally ignores the infrastructure from academy, to u19s to fc to intl that makes a star cricketer. The skill of players will drop and the supply of players will drop and ultimately stop. In SA, NZ, WI, etc.

NFL has college football to take from. Who take from high school. There is no college cricket. Further, College pays no students any wages, only scholarships for studies (however, domestic student studies in USA cost some real money, far more than that paid in government subsidized cricket nations). The kids aren't there to study, they're there to get the attention and hopefully a draft pick by a professional organisation, and many (NBA players esp due to muscle development being less important than in say Football but its a toss up for basketballers to go lower in draft or wait a year or two more and finish college and go much higher in the draft, whereas NFL has a min time out of high school and college eligibility criteria to get maturer players which raises the standard of college football) leave as soon as the pros think they're ready and eligible to sign. The college infrastructure is paid for by having a massive tv audience in USA follow College sports, as well as University sponsorship, coupled with zero wages for the players.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu May 04, 2017 12:31 am

Good points. Let this new group of teams take care of college cricket. This would completely replace ICC and cricket boards. PLaying first class should not be prerequisite. Let teams run work shops for open invitations and run trials. This can co exists also. Who is going to stop them poaching first class cricketers to join this when they mature ?

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Thu May 04, 2017 2:18 am

Going South wrote:Yes. Privately run T20 is the savior for cricketers. ICC did zilch for cricketers for the last 50 years. Nothing.

Off topic

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Thu May 04, 2017 2:20 am

England announced squads some 15 days ago.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Thu May 04, 2017 6:50 am

GS, I think we all appreciate your fondness of franchise cricket in India and your love for T20. Its a good sport.

But some of your arguments need developing. You don't like the ICC or ICC funding cricketers, but you like Afghan cricketers in the IPL. How on earth do you think that Nabi and Khan got to the IPL if it was not for both ICC Associate funding to develop cricket in Afghanistan and the ICC events such as the WT20 , not to mention the Associates v Associates matches for them to show their worth against the top players from top nations.

You suggest someone creates college cricket. But who? Which country? The USA pulls mostly from USA with a handful from its territories like American Samoa. But the games are on the mainland (and Hawaii), in regional divisions, not spread out all over the globe like international cricket is. Which country will oversee College Cricket? India? You really think this has global appeal for kids to go and leave their countries to study in India? Nothing like a college instate or nearby.

The only country I can see having such appeal is England, and even then many multi sport talented kids would not pursue the sport at this stage, and have difficulty rejoining it later, and UK College Cricket would a) not have the tv viewing audience and b) has the county cricket scene still institutionalized. Even if a new institution is formed, this will be feeding an intl organisation later with an age cap. Theres a ton of colleges in USA. Its a lot bigger than Britain, youre looking to supply a lot of global trams with cricketers from this college structure.

American Gridiron is only big in USA, and a little bit in neighbouring Canada where Ice Hockey rules supreme. Thats it. The College model of USA sport contained in 1 country does not work for international sports like cricket. USA has massive college appeal to kids. The multi million pro-signing from draft is very alluring. None of this exists in cricket, the USA market for pro sports is still far more lucrative than anything England, Australia and India can jointly combine to offer.

And then your final city and team solution - who is going to fund it? If the BCCI is not prepared to let its tv revenues for the ICC events leave to keep the global teams who are effectively clubs in the ICC competition, why would the BCCI suddenly let the tv revenues generated in India support clubs in NZ, SA, AFG, IRE, etc now?

In cricket, it is typically a top down model of funding. The International pays for the domestic, as such the international games are not limited to a world event every 4 years with a few friendlies and qualifiers leading upto.

The main turn off for Murdoch, who is no stranger to taking over sports through Fox, just ask any Australian or British rugby league fan, or any Southern Hemisphere Rugby Union fan, from attempting to take over global cricket, is the continued supply of opposition and players for teams. Besides, Murdoch gets the ICC games at prices Fox through its Star Sports enterprise can still profit well from.

If it was feasible or more profitable, trust me, both Essel and Fox would be all over it. What people are not getting is - the broadcasters want and will pay for more content. More and more content. They'll happily have 365 days of sport on tv as long as the public is prepared to watch it and the advertising or subscriptions make it profitable.

The war the BCCI has with ICC is non event until the broadcasters take sides. Then you will see a real war. Remember the IPL only exists because Essel created the ICL. Once Fox or Essel gets motivated, then change occurs. Broadcasters are the drivers of change, just look at what they did to pro basketball and football in the USA once tv came into existence. But broadcasters know without the infrastructure as well as best players, theyre only short term secured and they're gambling on a potential massive loser. Just ask Essel.

Then you have the weather to deal with. Cricket pitches are an incredibly weather sensitive sports platform, unlike football or indoor basketball. Southern and Northern hemispheres post a serious problem. At best - its ends up like intl rugby where France, Italy, Ireland, Wales, England, Scotland play on one calendar at home and NZ, Japan, Argentina, Aus and SA play on another.
Last edited by Paddles on Thu May 04, 2017 1:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

mukeshkr
CF Regular
CF Regular
India

Postby mukeshkr » Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 am

1st ODI Ireland vs England Tomorrow, 3:30 PM.

Predict who will Win 1st ODI Match between Ireland vs England our Expert Prediction was England. You can Also Predict Who Will win the 1st ODI match at 24sevenbet and Win Lots of Amazing Prizes online and also share an Update Related to the match here.
Free Sports & Cricket Betting at 24sevenbet

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Ireland v England, 2 ODIs May 2017

Postby Going South » Thu May 04, 2017 11:57 am

For every problem there is a solution. But you need to get the concepts right. I can write as much longer post explaining how to run a cricket operation but you cannot tell it all in a single forum post. If I see no appreciation why would I do it? In fact I need to write a book for it, even then a non believer will try to find holes as no business is 100% perfect. I am more interested in getting the macro vision right. I would leave micro management of daily cricket operations to my minions.
Off topic. I would stay away from this thread. Apologies to England/Ireland fans.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Thu May 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Going South wrote:For every problem there is a solution. But you need to get the concepts right. I can write as much longer post explaining how to run a cricket operation but you cannot tell it all in a single forum post. If I see no appreciation why would I do it? In fact I need to write a book for it, even then a non believer will try to find holes as no business is 100% perfect. I am more interested in getting the macro vision right. I would leave micro management of daily cricket operations to my minions.
Off topic. I would stay away from this thread. Apologies to England/Ireland fans.

So what is your macro vision for global cricket pathways because right now domestic pathways are established for intl cricket and franchise cricket is getting a free ride on the bus? If a global franchise looks to dominate current intl cricket, the existing domestic pathways of supplying international players are insustainable.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Thu May 04, 2017 2:20 pm

To find the solution, one should pick two extreme solutions that are polar opposites - say, abolish the BCCI and return a unified India to the Empire and recreate the Imperial Cricket Conference, or enfranchise Test cricket as an international version of the IPL and auction off the Ashes to American Express. Then, like a pair of swinging testicles, one must pendulously swing from one choice to the other in ever-decreasing arcs until one settles on a middle ground of sound and rational thought-making.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Thu May 04, 2017 2:36 pm

BoyCaught30 wrote:To find the solution, one should pick two extreme solutions that are polar opposites - say, abolish the BCCI and return a unified India to the Empire and recreate the Imperial Cricket Conference, or enfranchise Test cricket as an international version of the IPL and auction off the Ashes to American Express. Then, like a pair of swinging testicles, one must pendulously swing from one choice to the other in ever-decreasing arcs until one settles on a middle ground of sound and rational thought-making.

You really are open minded as to how England can get its hands on a half decent spin bowler again.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu May 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Yes. Cricket teams should be without boundaries. No country specific teams any more. All cricket teams should be open for all players as long as they are willing to be available for "local" stadium matches.
Psst. Leave out test cricket out of it. It's been long dead.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 am

Ireland 40 for 1.Wood removed Stirling bowled @89mph speed.England loose toss here at bristol

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 11:39 am

This is weak from Ireland. 97/5 off 24 overs

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 11:40 am

Obrien brothers batting together

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 11:42 am

Even Root is controlling the rate. 1/5 off 2.3 overs

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 11:51 am

Root and Rashid have together picked up 4/24. 109/7 now. Disappointing from Ireland, but credit to England's bowlers.

Haha now 109/8 as Root takes another.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 11:52 am

Test cricketers status, they said. More wicket advert breaks that actual game footage at the moment. And ironically the advert was for Guinness!!

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 11:59 am

Rashid bowling very precisely.

Ball picked up a wicket too which is pleasing. I wonder if they have an eye on him for replacing Anderson at some point.

Wood is back from injury too but I missed the part of the game where he was bowling.

Ben Coad might be in the mix for some games later in the season if he continues his form and is fast tracked.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 12:01 pm

Speak of the devil.... here is Wood.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Snore. Come on Ireland. Do something.

Oh, 121/9 as Rashid takes his fourth with an lbw out of obriens sweep.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm

Rashid hunting a five-for is about the only thing of interest now happening out there.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 12:10 pm

And he gets it. Maiden ODI five wicket haul as Ireland's tail slog it down to long on.

127 to win. Easy, clinical. Opportunity to get some time out in the middle for England's top three.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 12:13 pm

England could snooze their way to this target.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 12:18 pm

Tim Murtagh is no mug. But Hales and Roy, if they don't lose their heads, have a chance of making this a ten-wicket win.

dinamix
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
United Kingdom

Postby dinamix » Fri May 05, 2017 12:22 pm

Ireland collapse from 81-2 to 126 all out after 33 overs

Been watching England haven't they.

dinamix
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
United Kingdom

Postby dinamix » Fri May 05, 2017 12:23 pm

LMAO Roy gone, England 1-1 - I am English but not really a fan of the team because they're such mugs, roll over like kittens having their tummies tickled.

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Fri May 05, 2017 12:25 pm

I don't recall them being ODI mugs recently

dinamix
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
United Kingdom

Postby dinamix » Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 pm

Maybe not in the last few games but generally and including their efforts at playing test cricket, IMO they are an embarrassing shower.

Bangladesh and India come to mind.

They will win this match because they are playing a blind school.

We will soon turn channels at 3pm for IPL where you can see proper excitement.

dinamix
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
United Kingdom

Postby dinamix » Fri May 05, 2017 12:46 pm

Also people seem to have short memories.

I lose count of times I've got up at 4am to watch England only to see them crumble like an avalanche.

I cannot forgive this, the paying public deserve much better.

They bat like headless chickens and their bowling isn't much better.

I guess the times I choose to watch England cricket now would be when I'm depressed because at least I can watch it for comedic value.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Fri May 05, 2017 1:30 pm

And a new addition to the more questions than answers sponsorship;

Turkish Airlines?!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Fri May 05, 2017 5:00 pm

Raja would wake up in the middle of night if he smell English breakfast crumblings.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun May 07, 2017 10:47 am

Alex Hales, would you put a bumper sticker on your jaguar or ferrari if you have one, if not, why does it look like there is a bumper sticker on your bat?

#keepsponsorshipaestheticallypleasing

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun May 07, 2017 3:09 pm

Root Morgan and Bairstow in the runs. Ireland chasing 320-odd. At least spectators get more of a game now England batted first.

Ireland off to a flyer in the chase though

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun May 07, 2017 3:10 pm

And my post, as usual, is the kiss of death. Stirling gone for 48 off 42

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun May 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Before this game Root had best bowling figures of 2/9 in tests, ODIs and T20s! Cool :D

You've ruined it, Joe

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior

Postby Paddles » Sun May 07, 2017 5:47 pm

Hey Joe, where you going with that ball in your hand?

"I'm going to bowl myself some finger spin, uno I'm just messing around with Ireland"

Boycs
Muppet Moderator
Muppet Moderator
United Kingdom

Postby Boycs » Sun May 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Another defeat for Ireland but a better showing than last time. Going down for 243 chasing 328 against England in England is I suspect a fairer effort than, or at least equal to, what West Indies Zimbabwe or Bangladesh would achieve in England. Though maybe that's a criticism of those teams as much as it is praise for Ireland.

Things like performing away from home are going to become talking points if Ireland are going to progress to Test status. I think a four day series against WI would be fascinating to watch.