Rajneeti

Movie news, gossip, movie reviews and music-related discussions.
bharathh
Gamemaster
Gamemaster
Cash on hand: Locked
India

Rajneeti

Postby bharathh » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:12 pm

I watched this movie on Saturday. I don't expect much in terms of a story form hindi movies nowadays, so I was pleasantly surprised to note that Rajneeti had a decent story line.

Rajneeti (politics) does a decent job of portraying the gutter that is Indian politics and the scum that infest it rather well. However, I felt really sad for my country as I watched it. Although the events in the movie seem a bit much even for our political system, there are so many things that ring true.

The saddest part of the whole thing is that the politics in India revolves more around people and their problems with one another, rather than issues that these people are elected to resolve. The common man is no more than a mere spectator as the powerful battle conspire and launch violent (often brutal) attacks against each other. The fact that politicians and their families lead double lives is shown very beautifully in the movie. Living in lavish bungalows, throwing huge parties that are more spectacle than occasion, and travelling in the most expensive cars, they rarely if ever go face the public. When they do, they project themselves as austere by donning a Nehru cap and ultra-white clothes (the whiter the clothes, the darker the person).

The common man on the other hand, lives in rubbish laden streets - often going over the moon when these "gods" notice them.

The first half of the movie is very good. It is gripping and fast-paced. The second half however is full of crazy plot twists. Were it not for some unwanted scenes, this movie could have been very good. Another problem with the movie is that it wants to do too much in the same movie.

That said, it is definitely worth a watch. Most of the actors (with the exception of Katrina Kaif) do a great job emoting. It is good to see Ajay Devgan act in a decent role again.

jamthala
CF Debutant

Re: Rajneeti

Postby jamthala » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:09 am

flop movie :grin:

Alishabc
CF Regular
CF Regular

Re: Rajneeti

Postby Alishabc » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:39 pm