Very nice review squarecut.
The VFX from first part looked like VFX but it blended so beautiful in second part that the VFX did not stand out as VFX except in the flying ship song. Such is the attention to detail in this master piece. Often times Indian movies lack finess to details where parts of a movie is unfinished or unkept or unclean where they stand out like sour thumb to irritate the spectators.
From story, I missed couple of things
1. Avantika got robbed of screen space. Would have seen her marriage in the end at least with some more fights, nice princess dress and atleast one song for her self. Feel pity to her.
2. Balladeva had a son who is dead. But who is his wife ? Not a single frame we see her. Mistake.
3. I thought it would be logical to see babubali elder brother of ballaladeva but In telugu version "Anna" is used for ballaladeva at one point and I thought WTF.
4. What about Aslam khan from first part that promised to help kattsppa on his need ? Vanished into thin air??
5. Where did Shiva the rustic learned that good archery, sword fighting & horse riding etc so as to beat even ballaladeva the pro? We saw how vigorous mahishmati princes get trained in part 1. Villager knows better ? You get that by genes alone automatically?
6. Who were avantika parents ? How she ended up leading bandits in forest ? Missing info.
7. How can one imagine a person by looking at a face mask they wore and fall in love ???
Everyone say raja Mouli dad vijayendra Prasad is great story teller but I find him incomplete lacking logic and common sense.
PS: this is my own observation but not lifted from any website etc.