Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby givemeahug786 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:34 am

Fixture

1st ODI: Oct 10
2nd ODI: Oct 13
3rd ODI: Oct 17
4th ODI: Oct 20
5th ODI: Oct 23

Only T20I: Oct 27

1st Test: Nov 06-10
2nd Test: Nov 14-18
3rd Test: Nov 23-27
Last edited by givemeahug786 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
600 ball Epic Partnership Continue 250* @ Wellington.(265 / 3)

Duckett in Lion team for India tour

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30215
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby raja » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:50 am

Oh, there's a 3-Test series coming up too? Good!
SL seem to be at a real low now.
England should win this series comfortably.

User avatar
Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 7013
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:19 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 1
Isle of Man

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Leo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:27 am

Good Luck to . . . . . Confused. According to form England is favorite in all formats. But as a host Sri Lanka cannot be ignored.

So, Good Luck to both the teams.
Time is the Best Speaker

User avatar
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27296
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Going South » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:53 am

raja wrote:Oh, there's a 3-Test series coming up too? Good!
SL seem to be at a real low now.
England should win this series comfortably.



that was some powerful jinx ;)

User avatar
Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Posts: 16747
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:34 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Tuvalu

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Katto » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:05 pm

Sri Lanka 366/6 * (50 ov)

spot fix ;)

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:49 pm

366 - not often you see a score that large and not a single century.

I like Chameera - on his day he is more than a handful. Tall, bowls fast, and gets bounce.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Joe Denly - recalled after the best part of a decade, is having a fine international return in the T20I.

Besides 20 useful, if slow, runs with the bat - 2/12 off 3 overs including both openers!!!!!!

That's a good day for even SK Warne.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby givemeahug786 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:42 am

4 for 19 by Joe good match.he was drafted in t20i league because injury to bairsrow.

Is he going to debut as opener next month in test?I wonder why he was dumped from international in 2009?
600 ball Epic Partnership Continue 250* @ Wellington.(265 / 3)

Duckett in Lion team for India tour

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:03 am

givemeahug786 wrote:4 for 19 by Joe good match.he was drafted in t20i league because injury to bairsrow.

Is he going to debut as opener next month in test?I wonder why he was dumped from international in 2009?


That is an outstanding return to intl cricket for Joe Denly.

And suddenly - Moeen and Rashid have some competition.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 am

Oh I am sure you will find test scores of 400 with no century.

I am referring to ODI cricket only.

I am sure there are further ODI scores of 300 plus with no century - quite sure, I am merely saying that scores of over 350+ in odi without a century are much rarer.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:47 pm

Wonderful debut for Foakes.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:24 am

Foakes with a century on debut.

Auspiscious start to a career for the lad.

And a lot of pressure on Stokes to keep his place when Bairstow is fit.

The England attack in this game is

1 Anderson
2 Curran
3 Stokes
4 Ali
5 Rashid
6 Leach

Stokes needs to do something and soon.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:14 am

Joe Root on his knees with a helmet on at silly gully.

Amazing field set.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:17 am

If I ever visit one cricket ground in Asia - i wish it be Galle. Beautiful. Just beautiful.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:57 am

The Mount may be a better beach - but Galle has it beat as a cricket ground - for day cricket anyway.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30215
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby raja » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:38 am

How do England debutants do so well?
Shows how much depth England have in their squad.
I reckon right now an England B side could thrash the Aussies.

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30215
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby raja » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:40 am

raja wrote:How do England debutants do so well?
Shows how much depth England have in their squad.
I reckon right now an England B side could thrash the Aussies.


Ok, make that a C side.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:01 am

raja wrote:How do England debutants do so well?
Shows how much depth England have in their squad.
I reckon right now an England B side could thrash the Aussies.


England is desperately short of batsmen. Desperately short of batsmen.

Jennings is awful. Burns has failed. And that simply leaves Root as the sole remaining specialist batsman. Hence Buttler in the side. Stokes has not made good runs in quite a while.

Bairstow is obviously going to have to finally give up the gloves (which he really will not like) or Foakes to play as a specialist batsman (despite being the better keeper).
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30215
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby raja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:25 am

True.
Never have I seen England SO dependent on one specialist batsman - Root.
Even in the 1990s, considered a dark period for England, they had a lot more quality in their batting.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:50 am

Although it is in NZC's interest for England to lose to move up the rankings - I am also unashamedly supporting England this series.

Why? Because I want England to beat Sri Lanka. Duh! ;-)
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:21 am

Jennings 120* - clearly CA have paid SLC to not get him out.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30215
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby raja » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:23 pm

So Herath ends his career on 433 Test wickets.
Tied with Broad (for now), one short of Kapil.

Interestingly, though Herath has played 30 fewer Tests than Broad, he has bowled more deliveries. :grin:
Shows what a workhorse he has been.

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30215
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby raja » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:09 am

Congratulations, England supporters.

All the focus seems to be on Foakes and Jennings - and that's fair considering getting runs in the sub-continent is a huge achievement for non-subcontinent batsmen.

Having said that, an honourable mention must be made for Moeen's 8 in the match. 4 in each innings.

Failed with the bat, but delivered with the ball.

He's now got 153 wickets from 53 Tests.

Interestingly, that's exactly the same number of wickets that another England offie/all-rounder has in exactly the same number of Tests.

Fred Titmus.

Moeen has the significantly better bowling SR (and batting average) though.

FWIW, India's Venkataraghavan, also an offie and part of the famed spin quartet, got 156 from 57 with an SR of 95.

Moeen's SR is about 63.

givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby givemeahug786 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:41 pm

Foakes M.O.M on debut test century

Matt prior Advice Johnny Bairstow not to rush test cricket without fully recovery, Foakes lucky koz he debut only when Johnny injured otherwise england not planing Foakes in test team
600 ball Epic Partnership Continue 250* @ Wellington.(265 / 3)

Duckett in Lion team for India tour

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:25 pm

givemeahug786 wrote:Foakes M.O.M on debut test century

Matt prior Advice Johnny Bairstow not to rush test cricket without fully recovery, Foakes lucky koz he debut only when Johnny injured otherwise england not planing Foakes in test team


Good to see Foakes finally get a shot in the team. Been waiting since the Ashes last year for this.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6186
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby bolero » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:42 am

England players with 2500+ runs & 150+ wkts in Tests
Ian Botham (5200+383) in 102 mts
Andrew Flintoff (3845+226) in 79 mts
Stuart Broad (3063+433) in 123 mts
Moeen Ali (2617+150*) in 53 mts

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6186
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby bolero » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:58 am

Congrats England

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:25 am

Very hard not to be a fan of Sam Curran and wish him well.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby givemeahug786 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:02 pm

Paddles wrote:Very hard not to be a fan of Sam Curran and wish him well.

6 test he played eng won but when he left out ECB lost in eng vs india

He is Lucky charm player, looks same as Zampa but far more superior than zampa
600 ball Epic Partnership Continue 250* @ Wellington.(265 / 3)

Duckett in Lion team for India tour

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:40 pm

givemeahug786 wrote:
Paddles wrote:Very hard not to be a fan of Sam Curran and wish him well.

6 test he played eng won but when he left out ECB lost in eng vs india

He is Lucky charm player, looks same as Zampa but far more superior than zampa


He is no lucky charm. If there's swing on offer - he will find it. And he is a talented strokemaker good for rapid counter-attacking 50's.

What he isn't - a top order batsman to make big 100's or a mainstay of the bowling attack when there is no swing on offer.

But - he has his sights set on batting so I look forward to seeing him develop that part of his game - he will always be useful to have with his ability to get swing - esp in England.

I will never forget the first time I saw him play for Auckland. He was outstanding with the bat (and horrid with the ball).

Bare in mind he was batting down at like number 9 - I was not expecting this tail ender who had bowled rubbish that day (there was no swing) to simply start straight driving and chase down a run rate of 12 an over and crack a 50 playing test cricket shots. It was very impressive. He just seemed to target straight down the ground. The absolute gall and confidence to that. An opening batsman like Rohit or Guptill, maybe; Kohli or KW, definitely, but a number 9??

And as you know, he loves to cover drive width. He is magnificent to watch as a batsman.

I like quite a few of the dashers for entertainment. While I think Curran has the best aesthetics, I love watching Pant and Jadeja too. Jadeja just looks like a left handed Ricky Ponting to me. Short and he pulls it. Pitch up, he drives on the up.

And Pant - with that ridiculous bat lift, looks like an angry gnome teaching Lara how to really swing a backlift.

I also love CdG in tests, I am totally in tune with when he thinks the scene is set for a tonkathon and he makes for great viewing from a NZC perspective.

A cameo from these guys in the middle of a test match is like the humour scene in a Shakespeare tragedy. Sure, the Broad, the Southee, the Starc look to smash 6's - those are fun too. But they're just a bit of wit, a one liner if you will.

But Pant, CdG and Curran - they're far more than tail enders.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

givemeahug786
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:55 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
Kenya

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby givemeahug786 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:33 pm

I think you should watch ( on you tube, if avail) Jadeja's 3 triple ( domestic)
Because only yourself and Gavaskar praise typical Jadeja's shot

Well eng wants Curran for taking wickets they not only wants him for his batting, I think his important innings in first test saves him otherwise broad better
Choice for kendy ( Pallekele) test
600 ball Epic Partnership Continue 250* @ Wellington.(265 / 3)

Duckett in Lion team for India tour

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:00 am

givemeahug786 wrote:I think you should watch ( on you tube, if avail) Jadeja's 3 triple ( domestic)
Because only yourself and Gavaskar praise typical Jadeja's shot

Well eng wants Curran for taking wickets they not only wants him for his batting, I think his important innings in first test saves him otherwise broad better
Choice for kendy ( Pallekele) test


Curran swings more than Broad. Broad is a seamer who merely swings in England. Curran looks to swing everywhere including abroad with shiny new balls in his hand. :-)
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:39 am

I love it when England slog their way out of desperation.

Buttler 38(32)
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:56 pm

Uhmm Curran just bashed yet another 50. Point of pride.

I am suffering the immense feeling of self righteousness and pride right now. Because Curran. He's my boy. I found him first of all users on here :P
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:33 pm

givemeahug786 wrote:Come on Paddles

You say something else for Curran, now you change


You for real?

What part of talented strokemaker who scores counter-attacking 50's do you not understand? Seriously??!?!??!!?!?!?!?

I know the kid can bat. I said he can bat well!!!!!!!!!

I called it on on your gomez656 website before he ever did it intl cricket. Seriously. And I will tell you which moderator I conversed with on the subject if you need ;-)

And I corrected raja on here because I've saw Slammin' Sam demolish NZ domestic against good bowlers before he played intls!

You have no idea how impressive Sam Curran was the very first time I saw him bat (he straight drove and played in the V with 12 runs per over required - just think about this for a second - then realise he was batting 9 - it was freakish!!!) ;-)

Slammin Sam Curran wields the willow impressively - especially for someone who swings the ball as well.

But your English (or lack there-of) is retarding you from understanding my earlier posts, clearly if you thought I was doubting his ability to tear bowlers apart (he's got the counter-attacking innings downpact).
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 27296
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:10 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
United States of America

Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Going South » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:19 pm

Sam Curran = next Kallis.
he should be tried for opener slot.
anybody with me?

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Going South wrote:Sam Curran = next Kallis.
he should be tried for opener slot.
anybody with me?


He's not the next Kallis. Curran's just a strokemaker. He is block block bash still at this stage. But he does it so well.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:21 am

Think about this, England's highest scoring partnership in the first innings was for the 10th wicket.

Lets call this "the Curran factor".
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6186
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby bolero » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:11 am

Karram Khurram , Khurram Curran...

Lijjat Papad ad.

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:17 am

bolero wrote:Karram Khurram , Khurram Curran...

Lijjat Papad ad.



Lol. I had to do a bit of googling. But I think I got it on several levels.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6186
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby bolero » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:32 am

Paddles wrote:
bolero wrote:Karram Khurram , Khurram Curran...

Lijjat Papad ad.



Lol. I had to do a bit of googling. But I think I got it on several levels.


:grin:

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:55 am

Root on fire here. Curran and Foakes to come. England has not lost yet.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:55 am

bolero wrote:
Paddles wrote:

Lol. I had to do a bit of googling. But I think I got it on several levels.


:grin:


You and raja are quality, and keep me on this website :-)
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:09 am

England need about 100 more here and they're in the game. Root and Ali batting, Foakes and Curran to come - this game is on a knife's edge.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:48 am

Root with a gem.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6186
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:09 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby bolero » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:22 am

Root playing a critical knock.

User avatar
raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Posts: 30215
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:14 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0
Pakistan

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby raja » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:38 pm

It is precisely these sort of innings that put Root above Tendulkar.
Tendulkar is no doubt the better batsman technically but often failed his team when they needed him most (in the 3rd/4th innings).

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:12 pm

Captain's knock by Root.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:24 am

England lead over 300 now.

What a great series of enthralling cricket on dustbowls.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!

User avatar
Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 6396
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:31 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked
Reputation: 0
India

Re: Sri Lanka vs England: 5 ODI, One T20I and 3 Tests; October 10 to November 27, 2018 in Sri Lanka

Postby Paddles » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:39 am

Lol. SL took the new ball mid over with England 9 down. This ball lasted one delivery before Anderson was bowled.

Put that ball into the special bin of balls "one delivery" old.
"Your inclination to assume and contradict is typical of Narcissism which is nothing about being pretty like the Narcissus fable."

HAHA!