Australian Domestic Cricket season

MikeR68
CF Regular
CF Regular
Cash on hand: Locked
Australia

Re: Australian Domestic Cricket season

Postby MikeR68 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:35 am

9/85, starting to feel a bit better for the Bulls, at least they had to play a white hot Pattinson. Though Sayers, Mennie and the under-rated Worrell is a good attack.

MikeR68
CF Regular
CF Regular
Australia

Postby MikeR68 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:39 am

Hope for Tasmania.. Rainbird's still there, way he's playing what were the batsmen thinking.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:45 am

There is a veiled dig at Hazlwood. Josh bowled well, the most overs and topped the maidens..built his usual pressure. Got one in swinging pearler thru Nair's defences. Cummins pace got him his wickets and perhaps some of that pressure built up by he and Haz.

I have noticed a maturity from Cummins ..not just in age but his bowling. He is no longer just the tearaway. I heard him say that if the conditions suit he will bowl his fastest but if they do not suit then he will pull back his pace and try other things. He sure has had plenty of time to work of those other things. Can see him being a regular in our ODI attack too.
Last edited by baggygreenmania on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:49 am

Got some overnight rain during the week, got hit by the storm on Friday. My lawn was absolutely dead, already looks like a Gabba green top.
Could be an interesting day now at the WACA with WA now completly out of the running, only NSW can catch South OZ once they take the final Tassie wkt.
Ed Cowan is now the only Batsman who can realisticly reach 1000 runs for the season, the Blues would love to see him do it today, needs 121.
It's official Tassie all out for 106, puts the Redbacks into 2nd and knocks WA out. One way it's good that this game is over this morning, makes it simple, Blues win and they are through, lose and its Sayonara.

MikeR68
CF Regular
CF Regular
Australia

Postby MikeR68 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:56 am

So he's a thoughtful bowler with ideas that will go a long way. So are you saying Cummins got his wickets by the pressure built up by he and Hazelwood? I didn't know that because I didn't see it. That's interesting Baggers, because I was led to believe he got Kholi with the first over of a new ball, and the others were in tandem with O'Keefe. See Now you know why I get confused because I'm mis-informed. Thanks for clarifying that. :thanx:

MikeR68
CF Regular
CF Regular
Australia

Postby MikeR68 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:56 am

I worked it out!!!!!

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:18 am

Kohli fell to a mixture of his misplaced need to impose himself on the bowling and and Cummins 10kph of extra pace. Ashwins wicket was pure express pace. How did he manage to get a ball up around the ears on this dead track? I missed Rahane's wicket but again pace and some variable bounce did for Rahul. Yes SOK and Cummins mostly bowled in tandem. Smith seems reluctant to bowl both quicks after the new ball spell? SOK too bowled plenty of maidens but not sure they applied that much pressure. None of the Indian batsmen looked in trouble from him or his spin mate who is still to get a wicket off 62 overs since his 8for in second test. The reason I call he and SOK our diamond/rock spinners..

MikeR68
CF Regular
CF Regular
Australia

Postby MikeR68 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:30 am

You don't like Kohli do you baggers. Following his series against us out here in Australia, I respect him more. Always thought he was like Warner, but recently he has proven himself away from home, I think he's scored more centuries away than at home. Early he dominated the minnows of New Zealand and Bangladesh, but 8 tests in Australia for nearly 1000 runs, he's not you typical Indian batsman. It's good to see Australia dominate him this series. Now if they can do something about Pujara, he's my favourite Indian batsman. Faster to 3000 runs than Kholi by 7 or 8 innings. He's dominating without the publicity.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:39 am

Mike - that says more about your flat wickets in Australia.
Last edited by Paddles on Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:41 am

I gotta say now that we can actually follow the shield online, wish CA would introduce more rounds. Wishful thinking. I get a empty feeling when all the red ball cricket is over..anyone feel the same? The next red ball matches after the last Indian test should be the Bangladesh tour if it goes ahead. That is 5 months off.

MikeR68
CF Regular
CF Regular
Australia

Postby MikeR68 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:44 am

So he did bowl in tandem with O'keefe to get the wickets. That to me says drop Lyon, play O'Keefe, Reason why, is I remember Johnson coming out and saying that he bowled well with Lyon at the other end, and Lyon said that while Johnson was making the batsmen play to survive at the other end, he felt batsmen tried to attack him more and that's what he wanted to get their wicket. So if Cummins is in and O'Keefe in tandem gets Cummins the wickets, stick with it.

Paddles
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked

Postby Paddles » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:44 am

baggygreenmania wrote:I gotta say now that we can actually follow the shield online, wish CA would introduce more rounds. Wishful thinking. I get a empty feeling when all the red ball cricket is over..anyone feel the same? The next red ball matches after the last Indian test should be the Bangladesh tour if it goes ahead. That is 5 months off.

NZ is heading into final fc round and the next test is the last week of Nov.

Who's touring England this year?
If any moderator or administrator is able to add Going South to my foe list, I would greatly appreciate it.

MikeR68
CF Regular
CF Regular
Australia

Postby MikeR68 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:52 am

baggygreenmania wrote:I gotta say now that we can actually follow the shield online, wish CA would introduce more rounds. Wishful thinking. I get a empty feeling when all the red ball cricket is over..anyone feel the same? The next red ball matches after the last Indian test should be the Bangladesh tour if it goes ahead. That is 5 months off.

Was thinking the same about a week ago. The only game worth watching in the NRL has been played, great quality game, extra time and everything. Now just referee influenced games that make you want to throw something at the TV. Starting to appreciate AFL more, but can't see myself being a die hard follower. In my younger days I played Union a bit which was great to play, didn't have to be as fit as you did for League, but watching Union....I'd rather do something else.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:54 am

MikeR68 wrote:You don't like Kohli do you baggers. Following his series against us out here in Australia, I respect him more. Always thought he was like Warner, but recently he has proven himself away from home, I think he's scored more centuries away than at home. Early he dominated the minnows of New Zealand and Bangladesh, but 8 tests in Australia for nearly 1000 runs, he's not you typical Indian batsman. It's good to see Australia dominate him this series. Now if they can do something about Pujara, he's my favourite Indian batsman. Faster to 3000 runs than Kholi by 7 or 8 innings. He's dominating without the publicity.

I dunno about Kohli. Can not say whether I like him or not. I certainly do not like his over the top aggresssive approach. As a batsman he has proven he has few equals on his home tracks. But put him on a moving deck like in England or a bouncy Gabba or WACA ,something completely foreign to Indians and he shows that he is just another flat track show pony.. ala Warner, Gayle et al.

How has he gone in Sth Africa with their bouncy, grassy decks? I am betting he struggled there too. I also reckon that most of those 1000 runs he scored back home were on roads tailor made by CA to appease its master the BCCI. I missed the first two tests of the last Indian tour but I heard they were roads. Even the Gabba lacked its usual life. He averaged something like he is averaging in this series on his last England tour.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:13 am

Hughes needs to get cracking. One point for a draw aint sufficient.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:31 am

Withdrawl symptoms will kick in about 1st june. No test Cricket from England until July, then 4 tests against the Saffers, then 3 against the Windies about the same time we could be in Bangladesh.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:32 am

Time to hit out or get out Hughsey, got no probs with the innings Eds playing but we need a strokemaker at the other end.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:40 am

Mick180461 wrote:Time to hit out or get out Hughsey, got no probs with the innings Eds playing but we need a strokemaker at the other end.

Do we have anyone other that Moie who can take an attack by the scruff? They are all batting time merchants. Working today Mick? You have not had a bash at the sci fi quiz.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:51 am

Ed has 50 of that 120odd for the magical 1000 season. Is his time completely done? I would say so if they have not picked either George Bailey or Cameron White over the summer.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 am

baggygreenmania wrote:
Mick180461 wrote:Time to hit out or get out Hughsey, got no probs with the innings Eds playing but we need a strokemaker at the other end.

Do we have anyone other that Moie who can take an attack by the scruff? They are all batting time merchants. Working today Mick? You have not had a bash at the sci fi quiz.

Hughesy must have been reading my posts 21 off his last 14 balls, Nevill can score pretty quickly. The blues have 96 overs to get 390 odd runs, so quite gettable by ODI standards, so no need to go the plonk big time. Cowan & Henriques have been in great form and thats why i think they are the keys. Now 1/90 with Cowan 54* off 64 balls, one thing is now they are out of the running for the Shield, how much are the Warriors up for the battle today.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:01 am

I dont know how the points system works this year, but its looking like the same final as last year

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:02 am

What a year it has been for Cameron Green..a baby at 17. His star turn in the final of the U19 carnival The Kookaburra Cup with a five for and 50 catapulted him off the rookie bench and into the Warriors top squad. He has not disgraced himself.. far from it and will learn much from this first season. I like his action has a similar leap to the stumps like the great Glenn McGrath.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:08 am

baggygreenmania wrote:Ed has 50 of that 120odd for the magical 1000 season. Is his time completely done? I would say so if they have not picked either George Bailey or Cameron White over the summer.

Unlike George Ed has no complaints with the Aussie selectors, got 18 tests with 1 century and only averaged 32. I would say so, he's up against Warner, Khawaja & Renshaw and they are not going anywhere soon. Take away he's 45 & 56 against SA, White has scored 20 runs in the other 6 Shield innings since XMAS.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:21 am

Blues need 274 from about 70 overs. Hughes has hit the accelerator and brings up his 50 as well.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:25 am

baggygreenmania wrote:Blues need 274 from about 70 overs. Hughes has hit the accelerator and brings up his 50 as well.

This game is starting to head NSWs way.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:26 am

I could have been CLEARER Mick..was referring to age with George and Cameron. Bear has been a bit of an enigma.. looks a million bucks one month then 5 cents the next. Inconsistency has plagued his career. Blues need 269 from 66 now. Very gettable.
Last edited by baggygreenmania on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:36 am

baggygreenmania wrote:I could have been CLEARER Mick..was referring to age with George and Cameron. Bear has been a bit of an enigma.. looks a million bucks one month then 5 cents the next. Inconsistency has plagued his career.

Throw Watson, Bailey, Ferguson, Doolan, S Marsh, Cowan in the same boat and they all belong to the same generation, the guys that come along in the Shadow of the Phenomenal generation that proceded them, the only real batting success story is Clarke.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:40 am

Mick180461 wrote:
baggygreenmania wrote:I could have been CLEARER Mick..was referring to age with George and Cameron. Bear has been a bit of an enigma.. looks a million bucks one month then 5 cents the next. Inconsistency has plagued his career.

Throw Watson, Bailey, Ferguson, Doolan, S Marsh, Cowan in the same boat and they all belong to the same generation, the guys that come along in the Shadow of the Phenomenal generation that proceded them, the only real batting success story is Clarke.

That is correct Mick. Stood out like a litehouse on a gloomy nite did Pup.

Mick180461
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby Mick180461 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:58 am

268 runs off the last 2 sessions with 9 wkts in hand, very gettable.
Yes Baggers got to go to work today.

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:47 am

Not too sure why Henriques did not bring himself in when Ed went. Would have been the foil Hughes innings needs. Patterson is another accumulator. We want tonkers.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:42 am

NSW probably deserve to be in the final more than SA

Verity
CF Champion
CF Champion

Postby Verity » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:47 am

Do NSW need to win this to make final?
Go to Live Games Forum to take part in "I hold a gun to your head" Games.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 am

Verity wrote:Do NSW need to win this to make final?

That's how I understand it
I could be wrong, as points system is so confusing

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:11 am

baggygreenmania wrote:
Mick180461 wrote:Throw Watson, Bailey, Ferguson, Doolan, S Marsh, Cowan in the same boat and they all belong to the same generation, the guys that come along in the Shadow of the Phenomenal generation that proceded them, the only real batting success story is Clarke.

That is correct Mick. Stood out like a litehouse on a gloomy nite did Pup.

Any thoughts on why Marcus North wasn't given a longer run?

He disappeared rather suddenly, didn't he?

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:21 am

he kept getting bowled
you tend to get less chances when you give up your stumps

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 am

Verity wrote:Do NSW need to win this to make final?

Yes. Blues need the 6 major points. Otherwise the SA Redbacks are in the final..

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:34 am

Patterson 30 off 80 balls. Is he kidding? Hello son we are trying to win a match not draw it.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:11 am

109 off 28 overs with 6 wickets in hand
should be easy

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:22 am

Henriques is out now... jinxed him!

its all on Peter Nevill now to carry them home

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:33 am

Easy with Henriques.. but we now have Nevill batting with Australia's longest tail.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:37 am

baggygreenmania wrote:Easy with Henriques.. but we now have Nevill batting with Australia's longest tail.

dont underestimate Dougie

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:23 am

looks like Dougie's going to have to do it

this is still in reach for NSW

baggygreenmania
CF Senior
CF Senior
Australia

Postby baggygreenmania » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:41 am

Abbott useless with bat and ball. Drop him next year please.

Dougie has done it. Got out I mean. :oops: Up to Pete and Harry.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:56 am

Nevill just got dropped

15 to get

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion