Handball World Cup

Discuss topics related to other sports here.
afghankhan
CF Champion
CF Champion
Cash on hand: Locked
Denmark

Handball World Cup

Postby afghankhan » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Handball world is going in Serbia(I think)

It is quite big in Europe and in Denmark nr. 2 after Football.

There are 24 teams participating.

Some of the teams like Paraguay are new to Handball and are defeated heavily, like they lost 6-40 to Poland.

These one sided games has received criticism and some want the World Cup participating nr. of teams reduced. Unlike the Cricket body the Handball body don't agree with this. They want to expand the game to other part of the world and thinks the World Cup is a good exposure.

Brazil, Argentina and Australia is participating too. Brazil was once as shambolic as Paraguay is now, but they got much better now.

South Korea is one of the best teams as well... The point is that the game is expanding quickly. Cricket on the other hand is not even allowing the host nation direct entry. Pretty shambolic stuff from ICC.
[color=#400000]If you take me seriously it's your own fault[/color]

Synergy
CF Senior
CF Senior

Re: Handball World Cup

Postby Synergy » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:26 am

When I first heard about handball, I thought it was the game we used to play at primary/ intermediate school and was a bit amused that it was played at an international level. Then I found out that actual handball is completely different!

Point less story aside, that's interesting. I am guessing there isn't too much money in Handball? Might be the reason why the Handball governing body is more willing to invite more countries into the pool.

scud
CF Senior
CF Senior

Re: Handball World Cup

Postby scud » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:14 am

I am planning to play handball tonight as well. But I have two balls instead of one.
SR of 43 v SR of 54. Ha Ha Ha. Enough said!