2011 Asian Cup (Football) attn Indians

Discuss topics related to other sports here.
Roy
Banned
Banned
Cash on hand: Locked

2011 Asian Cup (Football) attn Indians

Postby Roy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:51 am

you've been drawn in the same group as Australia :popcorn:

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Re: 2011 Asian Cup (Football) attn Indians

Postby raja » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 am

Phew !!!
That's a relief.
I was worried we would be grouped with the Japans and South Koreas of this world.
Being in Australia's group gives Indians a unique opportunity to thrash the Aussies not just in cricket but in another sport too. :grin:

Roy
Banned
Banned

Postby Roy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:06 am

raja wrote:Phew !!!
That's a relief.
I was worried we would be grouped with the Japans and South Koreas of this world.
Being in Australia's group gives Indians a unique opportunity to thrash the Aussies not just in cricket but in another sport too. :grin:

South Korea is in the same group
:oops: :oops: :oops:

but yes the 2011 Socceroos will be quite weak if the form of our youth teams is anything to go by..the Indians should have a chance of winning that one
and the squad that much of it will be comprised from struggled to beat Indonesia 1-0 at home and could only draw 0-0 away :oops:

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:59 am

Oh, so South Korea is also in the same group ? Hmm..that makes it tough.
Is it possible to post the groups here ?

Btw, I am not sure anymore (I don't follow it all that much now) but a couple of years ago, the Netherlands Football League had an Aussie player playing. I don't remember his name. Do you guys know whether he will be part of this tournament ? I am guessing that he must be one of the better Aussie players if he got a chance to play in the local league here.

Having said that, the Netherlands League is one of the weakest in Western Europe. It is a sort of stepping stone for upcoming non-European players to play in a European League, catch somebody's eye and then move on.

Examples :
Romario (1988-1993) with PSV Eindhoven
Ronaldo (1994-1996) with PSV Eindhoven

There may be other cases, I don't follow this very keenly anymore.

Roy
Banned
Banned

Postby Roy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:11 pm

raja wrote:Oh, so South Korea is also in the same group ? Hmm..that makes it tough.
Is it possible to post the groups here ?

Btw, I am not sure anymore (I don't follow it all that much now) but a couple of years ago, the Netherlands Football League had an Aussie player playing. I don't remember his name. Do you guys know whether he will be part of this tournament ? I am guessing that he must be one of the better Aussie players if he got a chance to play in the local league here.

Having said that, the Netherlands League is one of the weakest in Western Europe. It is a sort of stepping stone for upcoming non-European players to play in a European League, catch somebody's eye and then move on.

Examples :
Romario (1988-1993) with PSV Eindhoven
Ronaldo (1994-1996) with PSV Eindhoven

There may be other cases, I don't follow this very keenly anymore.

:lmao: you must be talking about Holman (or Lolman as he's known in these parts)

he's the running joke of our squad ..no ability whatsoever, but our Dutch manager seems to like him

Ankur
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator

Postby Ankur » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:18 pm

If Australia doesn't win against India, they should stop playing football

Roy
Banned
Banned

Postby Roy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:00 pm

hmm maybe i saw some highlights of India in a tournament a while back...thats all I've seen..they werent too bad

here we're basically starting over from scratch and that has resulted in a generation lost..which doesnt bode well for the next few years but after that hopefully we'll be on the right track to playing a more mature style and not relying on physicality and counter attacking