Rugby League?

Discuss topics related to other sports here.
User avatar
cricket nerd
CF Debutant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Rugby League?

Postby cricket nerd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:21 am

Any other rugby league fans on this forum?

Lancashire Nick
CF Regular
CF Regular
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby Lancashire Nick » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:31 am

I'm a casual St Helens fan............ football and cricket are my passions, but I go to a couple of Saints games each season, and watch fairly regularly on tv.

As far as Australia goes ( I noticed your flag ), I support Brisbane and Queensland because I'm a big admirer of Darren Lockyer, and of course Mal Meninga is a Saints' legend.

User avatar
cricket nerd
CF Debutant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby cricket nerd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:35 am

Lancashire Nick wrote:I'm a casual St Helens fan............ football and cricket are my passions, but I go to a couple of Saints games each season, and watch fairly regularly on tv.

As far as Australia goes ( I noticed your flag ), I support Brisbane and Queensland because I'm a big admirer of Darren Lockyer, and of course Mal Meninga is a Saints' legend.


Nice mate. I don't actually watch the Super League as I really can't be bothered getting up at midnight :grin:

I go for the Wests Tigers, and my dp is of our 5/8 Benji Marshall

Lancashire Nick
CF Regular
CF Regular
Posts: 344
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:29 pm
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby Lancashire Nick » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:41 am

It's the Challenge Cup Final today at Wembley .........Leeds v Warrington.

Hope they beat the **** out of each other ahead of the play offs :lol:

It used to be the biggest occasion in RL, when it was held at the end of the season. But since the advent of Super League, and the introduction of the Grand Final, it's lost a bit of prestige.

As for West Tigers, are you coming from the Western Suburbs or the Balmain angle.

User avatar
cricket nerd
CF Debutant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby cricket nerd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:04 am

Lancashire Nick wrote:It's the Challenge Cup Final today at Wembley .........Leeds v Warrington.

Hope they beat the **** out of each other ahead of the play offs :lol:

It used to be the biggest occasion in RL, when it was held at the end of the season. But since the advent of Super League, and the introduction of the Grand Final, it's lost a bit of prestige.

As for West Tigers, are you coming from the Western Suburbs or the Balmain angle.


Awesome

Neither mate, I started following the Tigers in 2001

User avatar
gabbadan
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby gabbadan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:01 am

I'm watching the Dragons/ Knights game at the moment.Dragons leading ATM.

You're Av is Benji Marshall I see. Great player.
My teams are in order Brisbane Broncos/ South Sydney/ Gold Coast Titans /Saint George.

Dislikes Roosters /Manly Sea Eagles/Canberra Raiders.

The Maroons will make it 6 with Hodges back next year. :)

User avatar
cricket nerd
CF Debutant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby cricket nerd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:30 am

gabbadan wrote:I'm watching the Dragons/ Knights game at the moment.Dragons leading ATM.

You're Av is Benji Marshall I see. Great player.
My teams are in order Brisbane Broncos/ South Sydney/ Gold Coast Titans /Saint George.

Dislikes Roosters /Manly Sea Eagles/Canberra Raiders.

The Maroons will make it 6 with Hodges back next year. :)


So Dan do you go for Broncos? Or all 4?

User avatar
gabbadan
CF Senior
CF Senior
Posts: 2203
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:28 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby gabbadan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:43 am

They are in order if the Broncos are not playing I root for Russell Crowes team and so on. ;)

User avatar
cricket nerd
CF Debutant
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:49 am
Cash on hand: Locked
Reputation: 0

Re: Rugby League?

Postby cricket nerd » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:57 am

gabbadan wrote:They are in order if the Broncos are not playing I root for Russell Crowes team and so on. ;)


ahk cool