The Greatest Show on Earth: FIFA World Cup (Russia) June 14 to July 15, 2018

Discuss topics related to other sports here.

Who will be the Champion?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:54 pm

Brazil (6th Title)
No votes
Germany (5th Title)
No votes
Argentina (3rd Title)
No votes
Uruguay (3rd Title)
No votes
Spain (2nd Title)
No votes
France (2nd Title)
50%
England (2nd Title)
25%
New Champion
25%

Total votes: 4

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Cash on hand: Locked
Tuvalu

Re: The Greatest Show on Earth: FIFA World Cup (Russia) June 14 to July 15, 2018

Postby Katto » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:04 pm

England and Belgium are looking at their possible QF opponents

Spain/Croatia or Brazil/Mexico

not much difference there, the R16 opponents are very different level of quality though

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Re: The Greatest Show on Earth: FIFA World Cup (Russia) June 14 to July 15, 2018

Postby raja » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:00 pm

The France-Argentina game was absolute top-class.
I haven't seen many games in this World Cup (I missed many due to travel) but am SO glad I got to watch this one.

7 goals (and only one through a penalty).

Argentina played better than in previous games - but didn't raise their game to a level needed to beat a supercharged France.

Messi was disappointing in that he hardly played the pivotal role you'd expect him to play. Wasted.

And this is certainly his last World Cup game.

France was just awesome today - young players, lot of speed - and, for once, deadly accurate.

Was a delight to watch the goals.

Personally, I don't mind either side - so I'd have been ok with Argentina winning too.

But France deserved to win today - so well done, Les Bleus.

Next game is against Uruguay - who looked dangerous today against Portugal.

France will have to do a repeat - which I really doubt they can.

Am backing Uruguay to win that contest.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:04 pm

Portugal didn't deserve to win today.

They got afflicted by that age-old European disease - get plenty of ball possession, but fail to make it count.

I've seen SO many European teams play this type of football, it's annoying.

Uruguay, on the other hand, was no-nonsense in its approach. And looked dangerous everytime they got the ball.

They just raced away to the opposition goal - putting pressure on Portugal's defence.

And you know with the quality they have, sooner or later, they're going to blast one past the goalie.

I think they'll play the same way against France.

And if France play the Portugal way, they're toast.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:08 pm

OK, I just checked the stats.
Much as I expected.

Ball Possession:
Uruguay 36, Portugal 64.
Total Shots:
Uruguay 6, Portugal 20.
Corners:
Uruguay 2, Portugal 10.
Crosses:
Uruguay 15, Portugal 48.
Touches:
Uruguay 801, Portugal 1813.
Passes:
Uruguay 288, Portugal 605.

https://indianexpress.com/section/fifa/ ... scorecard/

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:16 pm

European countries are obsessed with ball possession.
I've seen Netherlands team sink many times due to this.
They keep playing the ball between themselves, back and forth. Often passing back to the keeper.
This, when they're not even leading.
There's even a term for this (at least in Holland) - "tik-tak". (Spain is tik-tak king, famous for short passes).
And then when they're nearing the opposition goal, they're still often in this mode!
I think this is one reason Germany got kicked out this time.
They also often play this way - but they're usually more clinical in finishing.
This time that clinical edge failed them completely.

South American teams play very different.
If they can, they just race towards the opposition goal when they get possession.
Hoping there's a team-mate they can pass to - IF NECESSARY.
If not, they'll take on the opposition themselves.
No tik-tak nonsense, for the sake of tik-tak.
This is also the reason their counters are more dangerous.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:10 pm

raja wrote:OK, I just checked the stats.
Much as I expected.

Ball Possession:
Uruguay 36, Portugal 64.
Total Shots:
Uruguay 6, Portugal 20.
Corners:
Uruguay 2, Portugal 10.
Crosses:
Uruguay 15, Portugal 48.
Touches:
Uruguay 801, Portugal 1813.
Passes:
Uruguay 288, Portugal 605.

https://indianexpress.com/section/fifa/ ... scorecard/

hmmm

quality > quantity

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

The Greatest Show on Earth: FIFA World Cup (Russia) June 14 to July 15, 2018

Postby Going South » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:12 pm

hahahahahaha

as predicted it happened !!!

less noise pollution. :up:

bwahahahahahaha

what a slap on 80% vocal of soccer fans of the world.

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:59 am

Poor Argentina. Poor Defense, Awful Messi.
Time is the Best Speaker

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:22 am

Both were wonderful matches and the better team won.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:16 am

raja wrote:European countries are obsessed with ball possession.

They keep playing the ball between themselves, back and forth. Often passing back to the keeper.
There's even a term for this (at least in Holland) - "tik-tak". (Spain is tik-tak king, famous for short passes).
And then when they're nearing the opposition goal, they're still often in this mode!

If they can, they just race towards the opposition goal when they get possession.

Australia team does this and it achieves nothing but provides the opponent time to reset their defense.
Most chances come from direct play and you still have to have the quality of players to finish.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:17 am

Leo wrote:Poor Argentina. Poor Defense, Awful Messi.

the manager was a train wreck
why Aguero on the bench all that time

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:59 am

Katto wrote:
Leo wrote:Poor Argentina. Poor Defense, Awful Messi.

the manager was a train wreck
why Aguero on the bench all that time

Not only Aguero. Icardi was not in the team, Dyabala was on the bench. Lots of questions.
Time is the Best Speaker

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Spain out!
Russia win on penalties after it is tied 1-1 in 120 minutes.
This comes as a surprise cos Spain must be considered the overwhelming favourites before the game.
Russia somehow managed to hang in there for 120 minutes - rendering Spain's tiki-taka ineffective.
Remember, even the 1 goal to Spain's credit was an own goal from Russia.
So in 120 minutes, Spain couldn't get even one goal in.

Iniesta has announced his retirement from international football.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:26 am

Katto wrote:
raja wrote:European countries are obsessed with ball possession.

Australia team does this and it achieves nothing but provides the opponent time to reset their defense.
Most chances come from direct play and you still have to have the quality of players to finish.

Agree. Tic tac football. Spain does it a lot.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:26 am

Croatia go through. Yes!

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:23 am

Croatia-Denmark match was goalkeeper match.
Time is the Best Speaker

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:33 am

Katto wrote:might be a few penalty shootouts among those

lol 2 so far

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:52 am

Leo wrote:Croatia-Denmark match was goalkeeper match.

Both were good Subasic and Schmeichel.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:53 am

Croatia scrape through , were not at their best the way they played against Argentina.

Modric missed a penalty in extra time.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:46 am

Croatia coach praises Modric shootout bravery after miss

Croatia's elated coach Zlatko Dalic lauded his captain Luka Modric who missed a penalty in extra time but then scored another in a shootout victory over Denmark on Sunday that put them in the World Cup quarter-finals.

"I am fascinated with his determination to shoot after he missed in extra time. He took the responsibility as a true captain, and it speaks volumes for Luka... Can you imagine if he had not scored? But he is a great player," Dalic said.

With the score at 1-1 in the Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Modric's penalty five minutes from the end of extra time was saved by Kasper Schmeichel. However, the captain opted to return and converted in Croatia's 3-2 shootout win.

"After Modric's missed penalty, we all harked back to Vienna and that situation where we lost in 2008," Dalic said, referring to an agonising shootout defeat to Turkey in their Euro 2008 quarter-final when Modric also missed.

"But you have to have faith. The dear Lord has repaid us. Without luck, you cannot do anything in life, I am overjoyed."

Dalic, who rushed to celebrate with fans after Croatia won, also had warm words for his goalkeeper Danijel Subasic who saved three of Denmark's penalties.

"I believe that somebody dropped him but he is fine," he said of the chaotic celebrations at the end when team mates mobbed Subasic. "He was our hero tonight, he saved three penalties in a shootout. You don't see that every day. He pulled us out when we needed him most. Great thanks to him."

Ironically, both Croatian players who missed penalties against Denmark in the shootout -- Josip Pivaric and Milan Badelj -- had converted in a practice session the previous day.

"They scored spectacularly and yet tonight they missed. Every situation brings its drama but we were the ones to come out on top tonight," Dalic said.

Croatia now face hosts Russia on Saturday in Sochi, but having also beaten Lionel Messi's Argentina 3-0 in Nizhny Novgorod, Dalic jokingly mused about staying.

"I carry only beautiful memories from Nizhny Novgorod. Are there any other games played here?" he said.

On a serious note, Dalic recognised Croatia were under par on Sunday after their canter through the group stage, and he praised Denmark for disrupting their normal flowing style.

"We haven't played a great game, not at the level of our previous games but we played for a result," Dalic said, turning his focus immediately to Russia.

"I am going to say to my lads that we are playing the best team in the World Cup. We must not be arrogant... It will be a huge test for us... We have come so far, we do not intend to stop here, but I'm sure Russia think the same."

http://www.rediff.com/sports/report/cro ... 180702.htm

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:54 am

Croatia vs Denmark: Luka Modric seizes his chance at World Cup redemption and reverses history

Most players who cost their team the game in the World Cup never get a chance at redemption. A few very lucky ones do, but they have to wait years down the line. Because how often in a football career will anyone find himself on this stage, with his country’s success riding on his own ability to deliver under pressure?

Luka Modric only had to wait 15 minutes.

With five minutes of extra-time remaining here in Nizhy Novgorod, Modric had a penalty to put Croatia 2-1 up and surely into the quarter-final against Russia in Sochi next weekend. It was a penalty he had earned himself, from his own brilliant pass, and he wanted to be the man to take it.

Modric is a magical footballer able to make almost impossible technical skills – like that pass – look simple. But here, with the quarter-finals beckoning, his magic was reversed, and he made the simple look impossible. He froze and sidefooted a telegraphed penalty to Kasper Schmeichel’s left. He dived to save, at 11.26pm.

That would have been the end for many players. Modric will be 37 by the time of the Qatar World Cup and who knows what state he and the Croatia national team will be in four years’ time. A miss like this can attach itself to a player’s career and even his post-career life. Just ask Gareth Southgate.

But when the game finished 1-1 and was to be decided by penalties, Modric knew that he could not pass up his shot at redemption. Because who knows if he would ever get another? When might Croatia next be in the last 16 of the World Cup, with their half of the draw opening out conquerable in front of them?

So with Croatia 2-1 down, and Schmeichel looking hard to beat, Modric picked up the ball to face him again at the other end of the pitch. It must have felt like a lifetime for Modric since his miss, time to agonise over his career, his three World Cup campaigns, his four Champions League medals, and when he might ever get this close to the biggest prize of all again. He put this kick down the middle too, but Schmeichel dived out of the way. Modric was redeemed and it was only 11.41.

Had he missed there was no way Croatia could have won the shootout. They would have been 2-1 down but more importantly, they would have seen their hero humbled twice. As it happened, they were inspired by his resurrection. Danijel Subasic saved the next two, Ivan Rakitic scored and Croatia won 3-2.

After the celebrations came the tears, as Sime Vrsaljko and Dejan Lovren were among those crying at the end. Because Croatia are in the quarter-final, against a beatable Russia team, and who knows where they can go from here.

And by winning this game in the way that they did, and by overcoming their own neuroses, they suggested that maybe this year will not be like Euro 2016. For much of tonight it felt just like it would be.

Two years ago Croatia were in an almost identical position going into their last-16 match with Portugal in Lens. They were the best team in their half of an unbalanced draw. They had a winnable last-16 ahead of a comfortable quarter-final. And they should not be too troubled by the semi-final after that. Certainly not if they played like they did in the group stage.

That was the setup this time two years ago, precisely the same context for tonight. And that night in Lens they froze completely. Not creating a chance for almost two hours until Ricardo Quaresma scored on the break in the 118th minute. Modric left the pitch in floods of tears. Portugal beat Poland in the quarters, Wales in the semis and France in the final, lifting a prize that could easily have been Croatia’s had they not been weighed down by fear.

This game was not quite as bad as that, and each team scored an ugly clumsy goal in a strange opening four minutes. After then, though, the game settled like concrete, both sides terrified of what might happen if they let any more space, speed or energy into the contest. Nothing much happened for almost two hours until Modric’s brilliant pass, Jorgensen’s foul, and Modric’s missed penalty.

That would have crushed many players, not just tonight but for years to come. But Modric undid his own mistake, reversed his history, and now Croatia are in the quarter-finals. And on Saturday night in Sochi no one will care that his first penalty of this evening he hit straight at the keeper.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 26021.html

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 am

Did you guys see the incident that caused the penalty (that Modric missed)?
I think we need a special category of penalties for this type of situation.

The goalie had moved out, Rebic was right in front of the goal, staring at a wide open goal - and then Jorgensen comes from behind and fouls him.

Croatia got a penalty, but Modric messed up.

I was furious cos a penalty is supposed to be a punishment for a foul - it is supposed to put the team at a disadvantage.

Here you had a guy who had an open shot at a goal, gets fouled - and how he/his team has to fire at a goal, with a goalie to defend?
How's that a penalty?

So in such cases, we need to either gift it straightaway to the fouled team - or have a penalty, but with an open goal. No goalie to defend.

If Denmark had won the shootout, it would have been grossly unfair on Croatia.
One can argue that Modric shouldn't have missed the penalty - but that's not the point at all.
It was hardly a PENALTY for Denmark.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:42 am

raja wrote:Did you guys see the incident that caused the penalty (that Modric missed)?
I think we need a special category of penalties for this type of situation.

The goalie had moved out, Rebic was right in front of the goal, staring at a wide open goal - and then Jorgensen comes from behind and fouls him.

Croatia got a penalty, but Modric messed up.

I was furious cos a penalty is supposed to be a punishment for a foul - it is supposed to put the team at a disadvantage.

Here you had a guy who had an open shot at a goal, gets fouled - and how he/his team has to fire at a goal, with a goalie to defend?
How's that a penalty?

So in such cases, we need to either gift it straightaway to the fouled team - or have a penalty, but with an open goal. No goalie to defend.

If Denmark had won the shootout, it would have been grossly unfair on Croatia.
One can argue that Modric shouldn't have missed the penalty - but that's not the point at all.
It was hardly a PENALTY for Denmark.

Dear Raja,

Agree. It was an open goal.

Also, in any case, it was a red card not a yellow card. Referee clearly wrong.

The Third Man
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Ireland

Postby The Third Man » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Holy feckin shitballs!! Belgium v Japan... What a match!!

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:20 am

Go Columbia ;)

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:29 am

Brazil is getting it's touch.

Belgium vs Japan: What a Match!!!! Well played Japan.
Time is the Best Speaker

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:12 am

Belgium V/s Japan. What a match ! Brazil look set to take the World Cup, signs are ominous.

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:15 am

England vs Switzerland in quarter final?
Time is the Best Speaker

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am

The second half of the Belgium-Japan game was fantastic.
Felt sorry for Japan.
They were good - and in that last minute when they had that counter against them, it was because they really went all out.
A more conservative side would have still kept its defenders at the back, and gone for extra time.

Also Japan did not do any drama of wasting time due to fake fouls and stuff.

That last goal was about as perfect a counter and teamwork as you will see.
Lukaku's dummy was awesome.

The Third Man
CF Specialist
CF Specialist
Ireland

Postby The Third Man » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:03 pm

Well done England. Nice to see them winning a shoot-out for a change.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:38 pm

This World Cup is turning out to be quite something.
Colombia seemed to be more interested in a streetfight than playing football.
In the first half, the referee seemed to be on a yellow card spree.
Not without justification.

Somewhere in the second half, the game picked up a bit.
First Colombia conceded a penalty - you could sense it coming, the way they were playing.
For a while after that, they continued their fouls - till suddenly they seemed to realise there was a game being lost here.
And their fouls weren't helping.
Only then did they actually play some football - though there was still plenty of bad blood between the sides.
And then, when it looked like it was all over, out of nowhere, in injury time, Colombia came out of nowhere to equalise.
A good header from Mina.

30 min of tension - I think Colombia played well in the first 15, but England were far more determined in the second 15.
They clearly didn't want to go to penalties - whereas Colombia was happy to just hang in there.

And then the penalties.
Colombia first.
If I remember right, this is how they went
1-0
1-1
2-1
2-2
3-2
3-2 (Henderson's shot stopped by goalie)
3-2 (Colombian player's shot stopped)
3-3
3-3 (Colombian player hits the upper bar; trying to be too smart)
3-4

Reason I'm going to this detail is I'm heartbroken.

This was the best chance to send England home.

Nothing can stop them from lifting that Cup now.

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:40 pm

England now take on Sweden, and will take on Russia or Croatia in the semis.
You've got to be kiddin' me - this is the easiest route anyone has ever had to the World Cup final.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:25 am

England cheated their way in, as always. meh! ;)

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:09 am

Katto wrote:
Katto wrote:might be a few penalty shootouts among those

lol 2 so far

haha exactly a few

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:10 am

raja wrote:England now take on Sweden, and will take on Russia or Croatia in the semis.
You've got to be kiddin' me - this is the easiest route anyone has ever had to the World Cup final.

Croatia are the best team in that 4, but I wouldn't write off Sweden, very organised and spirited

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:42 am

Colombia missed their best player star forward James Rodriguez who was injured.

They played a purely defensive formation which backfired.

It was a super chance to upset England and they fluffed up with the wrong strategy instead playing a rough game which they abandoned when Carlos Valderrama came into the scene.

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 am

Valderrama above looks like a Lion with the prominent mane.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:07 am

bolero wrote:Valderrama above looks like a Lion with the prominent mane.

I remember watching Italia '90 and seeing this guy running around in the background the first time.

I thought this had run onto the field...

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:18 am

:lmao:

raja
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Pakistan

Postby raja » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:06 am

bolero wrote:Colombia missed their best player star forward James Rodriguez who was injured.

It was a super chance to upset England and they fluffed up with the wrong strategy instead playing a rough game which they abandoned when Carlos Valderrama came into the scene.

So not only did England have the easy side of the draw, they also managed to play a game in the knock-outs against a side missing its star player.
How lucky can you be?

Anyway, I'm now mentally preparing myself to accept that it will be England this time.
After 52 years.

I was way too young in 1966, so didn't feel any torture then.
But English folks have been on and on about it for years.

Now when they win this year (question of when, not if), I won't hear the last of it for my entire life.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:42 am

raja wrote:
bolero wrote:Colombia missed their best player star forward James Rodriguez who was injured.

So not only did England have the easy side of the draw, they also managed to play a game in the knock-outs against a side missing its star player.
How lucky can you be?

Anyway, I'm now mentally preparing myself to accept that it will be England this time.
After 52 years.

I was way too young in 1966, so didn't feel any torture then.
But English folks have been on and on about it for years.

Now when they win this year (question of when, not if), I won't hear the last of it for my entire life.

do you really think Putin's gonna let that happen on his own turf? :lol:

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:30 pm

ah. good question. if that happen you won’t even find dead bodies to fly out of russia.

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:23 am

Quarter Final
Match 57–July 6, 2018 (2:00 PM): Uruguay vs France (Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod)
Match 58–July 6, 2018 (6:00 PM): Brazil vs Belgium (Kazan Arena, Kazan)

Match 59–July 7, 2018 (6:00 PM): Russia vs Croatia (Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi)
Match 60–July 7, 2018 (2:00 PM): Sweden vs England (Cosmos Arena, Samara)

Semi Final
Match 61–July 10, 2018 (6:00 PM): Winner Match 57 vs Winner Match 58 (Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg)
Match 62–July 11, 2018 (6:00 PM): Winner Match 59 vs Winner Match 60 (Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow)

Third Place Play Off
Match 63–July 14, 2018 (2:00 PM): Loser Match 61 vs Loser Match 62 (Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg)

Final
July 15, 2018 (3:00 PM): Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Time is the Best Speaker

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:58 am

Head: France, Brazil, Croatia, England
Heart: Uruguay, Belgium, Russia, Sweden

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:10 am

Katto wrote:Head: France, Brazil, Croatia, England

Head France, Brazil, Russia, England
Heart Uruguay Belgium Croatia Sweden

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:25 am

bolero wrote:
Katto wrote:Head: France, Brazil, Croatia, England

Croatia are a lot more talented team than Russia.
For Russia to win they'd need to park the bus and hope to win on penalty kicks or a bit of Putin magic

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:19 pm

head/Heart: France, Belgium, Russia, Sweden

Leo
CF Senior
CF Senior
Isle of Man

Postby Leo » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:42 pm

Going South wrote:head/Heart: France, Belgium, Russia, Sweden

^^ Ohhhhh . . . . . Then it will be Uruguay, Brazil, Croatia, England :klpd:
Time is the Best Speaker

bolero
CF Senior
CF Senior
India

Postby bolero » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:50 am

Katto wrote:
bolero wrote:

Croatia are a lot more talented team than Russia.
For Russia to win they'd need to park the bus and hope to win on penalty kicks or a bit of Putin magic

Yes, Putin magic or penalty would be enough to see off Croatia.