Sharapova who? Dopie?

Discuss topics related to other sports here.
Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
Cash on hand: Locked
United States of America

Sharapova who? Dopie?

Postby Going South » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Sharapova suspended 2 years over doping test

Maria Sharapova was suspended for two years by the International Tennis Federation on Wednesday, for testing positive for the banned substance meldonium.

She immediately responded by saying she would appeal the decision.

The ruling by an independent three-person panel appointed by the ITF said Sharapova, 29, did not intend to cheat but that she bore "sole responsibility'' and "very significant fault'' for the positive test.

"The ITF tribunal unanimously concluded that what I did was not intentional," Sharapova said in a statement. "The tribunal found that I did not seek treatment from my doctor for the purpose of obtaining a performance enhancing substance. The ITF spent tremendous amount of time and resources trying to prove I intentionally violated the anti-doping rules and the tribunal concluded I did not. You need to know that the ITF asked the tribunal to suspend me for four years -- the required suspension for an intentional violation -- and the tribunal rejected the ITF's position."

The ITF, last month before the tribunal, asked for Sharapova to be suspended for four years, but the rules state that she could not be suspended for longer than two years if it was deemed that her use of the drug was not intentional.

"I cannot accept an unfairly harsh two-year suspension," Sharapova said. "The tribunal, whose members were selected by the ITF, agreed that I did not do anything intentionally wrong, yet they seek to keep me from playing tennis for two years."

The WTA issued a statement on the ruling, saying in part, "It is important at all times for players to be aware of the rules and to follow them. In this case, Maria has taken responsibility for her mistake from the outset. The WTA supports the process that the ITF and Maria have followed."

Sharapova and the Russian team had hoped she would be cleared in time to compete at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro in August, but after the ruling, Russian Tennis Federation president Shamil Tarpischev told the Tass news agency that Ekaterina Makarova would replace her.

She was provisionally suspended by the ITF in March, when she announced she failed a doping test in January, at the Australian Open. Sharapova maintained that she was unaware that the drug she had been taking since 2006, mildronate, was also known as meldonium. That drug became a banned substance on the World Anti-Doping Agency's list as of Jan. 1.

Her lawyer, John Haggerty, said Sharapova took the substance after that date.

In addition to Sharapova's testing positive at the Australian Open, the ITF said she also failed a test for meldonium in an out-of-competition control in Moscow on Feb. 2.

Sharapova said in March she had started using the drug, which boosts blood and oxygen flow, under a doctor's guidance a decade ago because of irregular electrocardiogram results and a family history of heart issues and diabetes.

The governing body argued that Sharapova's records with the doctor ended in 2013, yet she continued to take the drug.

The appeal will be sent to the Court of Arbitration in Sport, where three judges will make the ruling. Both Sharapova and the ITF get to choose one of the judges. The decision will be binding.

By rule, Sharapova had to be suspended at least one year because she did not dispute that she took mildronate after Jan. 1, when it appeared on the banned list.

The sentence will be retroactive to the Australian Open, so if Sharapova's original suspension is kept, she will sit out through the 2018 Australian Open. That would mean she would be 31 years old when she competes in her next Grand Slam tournament.

A five-time major winner, Sharapova's last big win came at the 2014 French Open. She hasn't played since a quarterfinal loss to Serena Williams at the Australian Open and is ranked 26th this week.

The tribunal's ruling, as long as it's not reversed on appeal, could be worth a lot of money to Sharapova because of the finding that her use wasn't performance-enhancing. When she announced her positive test, her endorsement deals with Nike and Porsche were suspended.

Those deals would be harder to sever without compensation. Her other endorsers, Evian and Head, have continued using her, while watchmaker Tag Heuer elected not to renew its deal at the start of this year. Despite Sharapova being off the court, the narrative of her suspension could affect her own brand; her "Sugarpova" line of gummy candy and most recently chocolate have gained worldwide distribution.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/story/_/id/16 ... -meldonium

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Re: Sharapova who? Dopie?

Postby Going South » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Verity
CF Champion
CF Champion

Postby Verity » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:44 am

Biggest crock of shit ever, she took the drug since 2006 and until the 1st of Jan this year was perfectly legal, she only got caught couple weeks after that, she's either;

A) a dumb slut and continued taking it after it was banned

or;

B) wasn't aware they had banned the drug (which she claims she didn't)

2 years for using a drug that was illegal for 3 weeks is a complete joke.
Go to Live Games Forum to take part in "I hold a gun to your head" Games.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Bank: Locked
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:56 am

Do you think out of 708 test wicket Warne took, not @ single occasion he not take Drug.

No need to tell me fk, I told you in advance, currently cricketer taking drugs so they
Performing better but only few get caught.

JO PAKDA GAYA WOH CHOR,
AUR JO BACCH GAYA WOH SHAHUKAR
===
MEANS =The one who get caught, are meanness person
ANd one who, not get caught, are nicest person.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:01 am

Going South wrote:Image

She is addicted for that but this news is much more old.what is connection between Sachin sir?

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:57 am

Verity wrote:Biggest crock of shit ever, she took the drug since 2006 and until the 1st of Jan this year was perfectly legal, she only got caught couple weeks after that, she's either;

or;

Its because she's Russian. If her surname was Williams this'd all be swept under the carpet.

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:14 am

Right

Even if she sleep with Ceo, all be swept under carpet.
( sharapova had affair with women )( she confessed she liked women )

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:52 am

Misty wrote:Right

Even if she sleep with Ceo, all be swept under carpet.
( sharapova had affair with women )( she confessed she liked women )

tell me more :popcorn: :unibrow:

Verity
CF Champion
CF Champion

Postby Verity » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Katto wrote:
Verity wrote:Biggest crock of shit ever, she took the drug since 2006 and until the 1st of Jan this year was perfectly legal, she only got caught couple weeks after that, she's either;

or;

Its because she's Russian. If her surname was Williams this'd all be swept under the carpet.

Your probably right but how does using a drug banned for 3 weeks warrant 2 years out of the sport.

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:20 pm

Misty wrote:
Going South wrote:Image

She is addicted for that but this news is much more old.what is connection between Sachin sir?

You must be living under a rock if you don't know what I meant. Check title of thread. No bells rang? No? Ok. Let me educate you for one last time.
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 84594.html

Going South
Muppet Administrator
Muppet Administrator
United States of America

Postby Going South » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:24 pm

Sharapova dated Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine for a short time in 2005 after meeting at Sharapova's 18th birthday party. In 2008, Sharapova briefly dated American television producer Charlie Ebersol. In 2011, she was engaged to Slovenian professional basketball player Sasha Vujačić; the two had been dating since 2009. On August 31, 2012, Sharapova confirmed that the pair had ended the engagement and separated during early 2012. Later that year, she began dating Bulgarian tennis player Grigor Dimitrov. The two confirmed their relationship after the 2013 Madrid Open. However, Sharapova and Dimitrov ended their relationship in July 2015.

Misty, go burn your blankets as your wet dreams made them toxic. :puke:

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:14 pm

So she swing both ways,i will tell Katto personally when I get proper link

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:38 am

Verity wrote:
Katto wrote:

Your probably right but how does using a drug banned for 3 weeks warrant 2 years out of the sport.

Its because she's Russian. They've been anointed as the designated enemy.

Katto
CF Champion
CF Champion
Tuvalu

Postby Katto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:39 am

Misty wrote:So she swing both ways,i will tell Katto personally when I get proper link

Well this doesnt surprise me. Its quite common for pretty girls.
I just want to know details :unibrow: :popcorn:

Misty
CF Senior
CF Senior
Zimbabwe

Postby Misty » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:17 am

yes sonam kapoor says so
she is pretty but she likes to listen
when older women's name discuss
with her

''I loves to know women also like me, as well as men ''

Leg_Breaker
CF Debutant
Columbia

Postby Leg_Breaker » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:57 pm

The reason this drug was banned in the first place was because it was being abused as a PED by many atheletes.

Nearly 20% of Russian atheletes were found to have Meldonium in their system in 2015. It increases blood flow and has clear performance enhancing abilities.

She must think we came down on the last drop of rain if she expects us to believe this was purely for medicinal reasons.

But even if we give her the benefit of the doubt, this was not a stealth undercover ban of a substance...it was well publicised, and all Russian atheletes were warned well in advance. As a professional athelete its completely her resposibility to be aware of what she can and cannot pit in her body.

I think she actually got away pretty lightly here....just because she has blonde hair, blue eyes and very pretty alot of people are white knigting her cause....if this was the williams sisters the hate would unimaginable.

Verity
CF Champion
CF Champion

Postby Verity » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:16 pm

The drug had been banned for 3 weeks, I don't know how you think she got away lightly.