Rayudu=afridi?

This forum contain all hot topics that are controversial in cricket world for debates
going south
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rayudu=afridi?

Post by going south »

Fifty-eight days after announcing his retirement, Ambati Rayudu wrote an email to the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA) signalling his desire to again play all forms of the game.

That stupid comment on 3D glasses gathered a lot of controversy.

Now after retirement he is back again ?
Just like aftidi. ;)

latecut
New User
New User

Re: Rayudu=afridi?

Post by latecut »

Rayudu should be told that taking retirement was his choice, but getting un retired cannot be his choice. Door has been slammed shut on him and he should remain retired.
raja
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by raja »

Announcing retirement, or coming back from retirement, is the prerogative of a player.
We cannot say "You CANNOT come back from retirement".

Whether he gets a chance to play again, esp at international level, is the main question though.
First of all, he has to get back into domestic cricket - and prove that he has the quality still.

Then, even if he does that, he needs to impress the selectors enough.
Given his problems with them, I don't think they'll be too kind to him.
BCCI right now has a pretty good squad - even Rohit Sharma couldn't get into the Test side.
Plus, he's not the best of fielders - that doesn't help.

So it's going to be a real uphill task for him.
Let's see how he does in domestic cricket first.

Getting pickeed for international cricket is going to be quite a challenge.
going south
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by going south »

Once or twice is ok, but if you use retirement as revolving door, as in 5+ times retirement it sure irritate the fans. Those who attended to those retirement functions giving speech of contributions to cricket are made fools.

Here is that infamous list of 5+ retirements.

1. Shahid afridi
2. Sanath Jayasuriya

Who else ???
Paddles
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Paddles »

Dunno. I knew about Afridi, not Sanath. I know Sanath's uncle, Gamini Jayasuriya, though. Looked identical to him. He taught me macroeconomics when I was a student. And Sanath was playing. So I had to ask him if he was related (seriously - they looked like twins despite the age gap), and he beamed with pride, and said "he is my nephew".

Lovely chap.

His favourite food is ice cream. Weird the random things you remember about people.
going south
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by going south »

Nothing weird about having ice cream as favorite food. Most kids say the same. Weird it is when your daughter grow up hating ice cream and says no when someone offers it. She love really spicy food though. Tears in my eyes. ;)