ICC vs BCCI

This forum contain all hot topics that are controversial in cricket world for debates
Paddles
VIP User
VIP User

Re: ICC vs BCCI

Post by Paddles »

latecut wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:58 am ICC is a group consisting of one goose and other freeloaders. The goose lays the golden eggs and the freeloaders gang up and scheme how to share the golden eggs among themselves. They themselves will never lay even an aluminium egg.
So get rid of the freeloaders and be a solo goose. Simple.
Last edited by Paddles on Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paddles
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Paddles »

squarecut wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:42 pm One single market contributing 80 % of ICC revenue. It shows that ICC has done nothing to popularise cricket and sell it.

Even in India, cricket is popular and saleable because of BCCI and not because of ICC.
So the BCCI should stop playing ICC events then.

I mean at the end of the day, either the BCCI agrees with the ICC to grow the intl game and keep it competitive, or it doesn't. If the BCCI just wants to make money for itself, leave the ICC.

If Indian fans don't think that a WC final between England and NZ is worth paying for, don't watch them play. Doesn't matter if NZ need the money, or the revenue helps to fund Ireland. Just stick to watching India play in ICC events for free on your free broadcasters. And don't watch the rest of the games. Cos that is what is being fought over.
asterix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by asterix »

Paddles wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 am
squarecut wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:42 pm One single market contributing 80 % of ICC revenue. It shows that ICC has done nothing to popularise cricket and sell it.

Even in India, cricket is popular and saleable because of BCCI and not because of ICC.
So the BCCI should stop playing ICC events then.

I mean at the end of the day, either the BCCI agrees with the ICC to grow the intl game and keep it competitive, or it doesn't. If the BCCI just wants to make money for itself, leave the ICC.

If Indian fans don't think that a WC final between England and NZ is worth paying for, don't watch them play. Doesn't matter if NZ need the money, or the revenue helps to fund Ireland. Just stick to watching India play in ICC events for free on your free broadcasters. And don't watch the rest of the games. Cos that is what is being fought over.
BCCI is working towards that... Hope one day BCCI kicks out ICC...
squarecut

Post by squarecut »

I frankly did not watch the ICC world cup final. And later when I came to know about the farcical result, I realised that I did not miss anything.
going south
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by going south »

In NFL model teams have more power over NFL manager or NFL organization that can sack it. That should be the way going forward.
Harmer

Post by Harmer »

squarecut wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:34 pm I frankly did not watch the ICC world cup final. And later when I came to know about the farcical result, I realised that I did not miss anything.
Total Garbage, ICC favors ECB.
Toss is only thing ICC not control

Frankly speaking NZ too should given Winner trophy awards as England
Paddles
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Paddles »

I get it. The ICC is there to support INTERNATIONAL cricket, and India and the BCCI only cares about INDIA and INDIAN cricket.

We all see the problem. That's why BCCI wants 3 times as much money from the ICC as anyone else. Its why INdia is the only government to tax the world cups.

You just apologise for the BCCI's and India government's approach. That's fine. The money is generated by Indian tv consumers watching England play New Zeland. Fine. Don't stay in the ICC. The BCCI should simply leave the ICC and play DOMESTIC cricket. And you will still pay to watch England play NZ if you want to see it.

The BCCI should simply leave \ the international game alone until India is ready to be an equal or even equitable INTERNATIONAL citizen.

Its like Indians never got it in their head, English dont care about cricket. They have soccer and rugby. SA and NZ, we have rugby. Aus has Aussie Rules and Rugby League. WI has athletics and soccer. There is no status in financially dominating cricket. Though to be honest, that is all it seems to me. Some kind of twisted power play arguing over money that is really not needed.

Anglo's and former colonies simply don't care about cricket enough for their to be ANY STATUS AT ALL. Look at this forum alone. 1 Kiwi, 1 Irishman, and a whole host of Indians and Indian migrants. Tennis, golf, sailing, all have more money than cricket for a good reason in Anglo countries. Then we have the Olympics as well. That is why the ICC was needed.Seriously. To fund international cricket. And SL, Bang, and Afg were huge winners with Zimbabwe and Ireland from the ICC revenues.

You just don't get it. And you don't want to get it. So leave the ICC. Be like the Soviet Union and turn back on the Western World. See where it gets BCCI and Indian cricket in the long run.

Let England and Australia go back to funding world cricket like they did until about 2003 or as late as 2007. I mean who the heck think paid for you guys to win the World Cup in 1983? England and Australia did. BCCI took the cup and took the money. BCCI and INdian governemnt seem to have no appreciation for the history. And no appreciated for the vast revenues the BCCI took before paytv entered Indian cricket in a big way.

But there comes a tipping point. And I think the ICC will reach it soon. The international cricket community is reaching breaking point. Once the BCCI get every penny generated from Indian tv audiences watching NZ v Eng, noone has any reason to benefit from India being involved bar being charitable to them. Charity... To a country and cricket board that wants to tax international cricket like its a business.
asterix
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by asterix »

Nobody watched NZ and ENG playing cricket as they are the most boring teams in international cricket...
Paddles
VIP User
VIP User

Post by Paddles »

asterix wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:51 pm Nobody watched NZ and ENG playing cricket as they are the most boring teams in international cricket...
Lol - yeah that England ODI team sure is boring...

You do realize that the money generated is from games NOT INVOLVING India right?

Someone in India is watching someone play someone who isn't boring.
latecut
New User
New User

Post by latecut »

Any idea how much revenue is made in Rugby World cup, a sport where Indian market is not involved ? about $ 400 millions were made in 2015 world cup.

In comparison, IPL of 2018 earned a revenue of $ 1.5 billions. So this is the kind of revenue Indian market can earn in a sport in which Indians are interested.